The Prestige - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Prestige Reviews

January 23, 2017
Great lead performances, brilliant editing techniques, and a chilling story make watching The Prestige an unforgettable experience every time.
January 14, 2017
A film that is so rewarding to watch the second time, The Prestige works not only as an excellent period piece, but as one of the most thoughtful, intriguing, and masterfully executed mystery pieces I have witnessed. No doubt one of Christopher Nolan's most underrated works.
½ January 12, 2017
"A secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for, is everything."
January 8, 2017
Nolan's Batman movies are not my cup of tea but this movie was something quite extraordinary. I loved this cat and mouse chase between the two protagonists and I loved finding out what was really going on. It was a pretty amazingly synthesized movie, quite amazingly directed by Nolan. An amazing journey and quite the ride, it kept me interested all the time and I loved it by the end. A spectacular work!
½ January 5, 2017
This is a nice looking picture with an especially lovely cast - but boy was it hard to follow with the misdirections of magic, doubles, & complicated by editing that kept jumping back & forth in place & time. In other words, while pretty at which to look, good luck at figuring out much more than the big picture story - 2 guys going at each other in the field of illusion and disillusion - and leaving pretty women damaged in their wake. This flick may be just too fancy for its own good. But give it a look and see what you think ...
January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 4, 2017
Forget now you see me, this is a great magic film and one you will want to watch more than once.
½ January 3, 2017
Suspenseful and beautifully shot, The Prestige acts as a great showcase for the abilities of its two leads.
½ January 2, 2017
Two modern day heavyweights Bale and Jackman go head to head in 'The Prestige', a tale of magic and rivalry. The story-line is unique, and never ceases to engage the viewer. Plot twists and revelations occur throughout, and the ending doesn't disappoint in proving a fitting conclusion to a thoroughly enjoyable film.
December 25, 2016
12/23/2016: A really great cast, but a generally boring movie. Very dull.
December 7, 2016
The Prestige perfectly showcases and executes Nolan's budding talents: mind-bending plots, tortured (yet sneaky) characters, and exquisite directing.
December 2, 2016
The Prestige embodies mystery filmmaking with hints of a psychological thriller and religious worldview that creates an intriguing piece of art that has underlying deep themes in its subtext.
December 1, 2016
A gem of a movie for those who love a great mystery thriller. Brilliant, challenging and incredibly inventive with numerous twist and turns which makes the rather mediocre 76% on the tomatometer must be the most unfair rating in here. For this absolutely incredible movie never stops to intrigue you, first scene to the last.
½ November 28, 2016
Amazing film. So interesting. Kept hooked all the way through it. Confusing in parts but I expect that from Nolan. A must see
½ November 24, 2016
Very dark movie, but it has that factor that made me curious from the beginning till the end. Good movie though might not watch it the 2nd time.
½ November 19, 2016
One of Christopher Nolan's best movies.
November 14, 2016
Less than compelling, the real magician here is Christopher Nolan, for convincing his adoring audiences that he's the greatest director since Stanley Kubrick.
½ November 14, 2016
I always complain how movies tie up all the ends and give you a happy ending. But real life is miserable. And if you like bitter endings, this movie is definitely for you.
½ November 12, 2016
Beautiful cinematography & art direction. Another fantastic Sci-Fi venture from one of my favourite directors.
November 12, 2016
Brilliant movie - full of suspense and a terrific cast.