The Prestige - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Prestige Reviews

September 22, 2017
Christopher Nolan does it again, with amazing performances from both Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale. If you're looking for a deep, dark, psychologically challenging film, look no further, for Christopher Nolan's "The Prestige" is a film that will have you captivated until the very last scene.

One I would whole-heartedly recommend any movie-buff to go out and see, and a story so masterfully-crafted, it completely blew me away. One of my favorite movies of all time.
½ September 18, 2017
fun film, but the tweist was pretty lame... whomp whomp
September 15, 2017
Keeps you enthralled in the plot with great storytelling, acting and amazing foreshadowing leading up to an excellent 3rd act.
½ September 15, 2017
A cool film with a few good twists along the way.
September 13, 2017
Two rival magicians battle each other to the detriment of those who love them.

Michael Caine and Hugh Jackman give stellar performances. Too bad Christian Bale can't keep up. He is the main reason for my score. Scarlett Johansoon is there to look pretty so in a sense she does succeed in her role.
½ September 9, 2017
It's a great story with great performances. Unfortunately the characters aren't quite as fleshed out as they could be
September 9, 2017
The Prestige:

Pros:
- Fantastic Acting

- Amazing Direction

- Very Interesting Plot

- Brilliant Cinematography

- Terrific Script

- Magnificent Editing

- Shocking Plot Twist

- Very Complex Themes

- Visually Appealing in terms of Production Design and Costumes

- Good Pacing

Cons:
- None

Overall: A+ (10/10)
September 8, 2017
my favorite film. i've seen 7 times and every been astounding
August 29, 2017
If I could, I would actually give it six stars out of five. But anyways, this movie really blew my mind away, this whole film really is a magic trick ! With a cast to die for, from Hugh Jackman, to Michael Caine to even David Bowie, this is one of the best movies I've ever seen, it pulls the rug over your feet, it's full of great surprises, without mentioning the impressive visuals. It's a bit like Anatomy of a Murder (1959), but with magicians. It's an amazing piece of art work and I certainly recommend it to anyone !!
August 26, 2017
Really good twist, although I figured it out at the "hats" scene.
August 24, 2017
Another insane Christopher Nolan masterpiece
½ August 22, 2017
Very confusing but cool.
August 21, 2017
Top 3 fav movie all time
½ August 20, 2017
Good film but I felt the ending lacked imagination even though there was a good twist. To have the bitter rivalry built up all through the film ended by the means that it was ruined it for me!
August 15, 2017
Definitely not a five star film, but quite entertaining! I give this movie a *4* star rating.
August 11, 2017
This intricate, unique, dark, and brooding drama about an intense rivalry is better every time you watch it. The movie is played out like a magic trick and the execution is truly genius. You have to pay attention to every little detail in this movie if you want even a chance to understand the stunning conclusion. I loved this movie and look forward to seeing it multiple times more. The way the twist is so evident upon other viewings is and undetectable the first time around, and that is the most perplexing yet masterful quality of the film.
½ August 7, 2017
0/10
Ending is so weak. Magic is not worth the pain.
½ August 5, 2017
Christopher Nolan's most underrated film by far.
Beats Insomnia
Beats Batman Begins
Beats Interstellar
I just wish more people could've watched it.
August 3, 2017
The Prestige is about how magic performances are designed to make us question our reality if only for a moment before we remember to question the performance. Focusing in on this Nolan not only provides a great tense and entertaining story of two performers struggling bitterly to make the other question his reality and his perception of it, but the director also makes us question the reality of the film and the performance of the stars.
½ August 3, 2017
Take a movie plot, put it in a blender, mix it, put it on screen