The Prestige - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Prestige Reviews

February 15, 2017
Damn this is fucking awesome ????
February 13, 2017
One of Nolan's best films to date.
February 10, 2017
The prestige, like Christopher Nolan himself, is miles ahead of its time. Quite frankly, it is nothing short of a masterpiece. No other director puts as much effort and subliminal thought into each take like he does. Even little parts of the film that you don't think mean anything become crucial parts of the story. The cast are all brilliant with Hugh Jackman giving the performance of his career. You spend the entire film trying to figure things out like which of the two is the villain of the film but there is no clear villain. Nolan leaves you wondering even until the final shot.
January 29, 2017
Keeps you on the edge of the seat till the end
½ January 26, 2017
The Prestige, a story about magicians, is much alike a magic trick itself - deceiving and captivating from start to finish.
January 25, 2017
Satanically good. My favourite Nolan, on par with Memento.
January 23, 2017
Great lead performances, brilliant editing techniques, and a chilling story make watching The Prestige an unforgettable experience every time.
January 14, 2017
A film that is so rewarding to watch the second time, The Prestige works not only as an excellent period piece, but as one of the most thoughtful, intriguing, and masterfully executed mystery pieces I have witnessed. No doubt one of Christopher Nolan's most underrated works.
½ January 12, 2017
"A secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for, is everything."
January 8, 2017
Nolan's Batman movies are not my cup of tea but this movie was something quite extraordinary. I loved this cat and mouse chase between the two protagonists and I loved finding out what was really going on. It was a pretty amazingly synthesized movie, quite amazingly directed by Nolan. An amazing journey and quite the ride, it kept me interested all the time and I loved it by the end. A spectacular work!
½ January 5, 2017
This is a nice looking picture with an especially lovely cast - but boy was it hard to follow with the misdirections of magic, doubles, & complicated by editing that kept jumping back & forth in place & time. In other words, while pretty at which to look, good luck at figuring out much more than the big picture story - 2 guys going at each other in the field of illusion and disillusion - and leaving pretty women damaged in their wake. This flick may be just too fancy for its own good. But give it a look and see what you think ...
January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 4, 2017
Forget now you see me, this is a great magic film and one you will want to watch more than once.
½ January 3, 2017
Suspenseful and beautifully shot, The Prestige acts as a great showcase for the abilities of its two leads.
½ January 2, 2017
Two modern day heavyweights Bale and Jackman go head to head in 'The Prestige', a tale of magic and rivalry. The story-line is unique, and never ceases to engage the viewer. Plot twists and revelations occur throughout, and the ending doesn't disappoint in proving a fitting conclusion to a thoroughly enjoyable film.
December 25, 2016
12/23/2016: A really great cast, but a generally boring movie. Very dull.
December 7, 2016
The Prestige perfectly showcases and executes Nolan's budding talents: mind-bending plots, tortured (yet sneaky) characters, and exquisite directing.
December 2, 2016
The Prestige embodies mystery filmmaking with hints of a psychological thriller and religious worldview that creates an intriguing piece of art that has underlying deep themes in its subtext.
December 1, 2016
A gem of a movie for those who love a great mystery thriller. Brilliant, challenging and incredibly inventive with numerous twist and turns which makes the rather mediocre 76% on the tomatometer must be the most unfair rating in here. For this absolutely incredible movie never stops to intrigue you, first scene to the last.
½ November 28, 2016
Amazing film. So interesting. Kept hooked all the way through it. Confusing in parts but I expect that from Nolan. A must see