Presumed Innocent - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Presumed Innocent Reviews

½ June 13, 2016
Lawyer is accused of murdering his mistress in this courtroom drama that misses in more ways than one.
½ March 16, 2016
"Presumed Innocent" is an elegant courtroom drama that is good enough to achieve the "slightly more engaging than usual" status.
March 8, 2016
It's an engrossing fusion of murder mystery and courtroom drama.
June 2, 2013
John Williams Is My Favorite Film Composer Of All Time.
February 7, 2016
Harrison Ford is the best in his kind.
June 24, 2015
"Just catch me a bad guy," he orders Sabich. From this simple directive, Presumed Innocent turns into a delicately interwoven entanglement of private, public and self-interest. The ingenious premise of the mystery is simple: What if the "bad guy" is the prosecutor? Turow, himself an experienced prosecutor, knows the terrain, and his insider's grasp of how the system really works has been richly captured by Pakula.
The case against Sabich grows more persuasive, and he is further undermined by the way he has handled the evidence. He had an adulterous and torrid affair with Polhemus that she broke off, creating the suspicion that the murder was the enraged act of a rejected lover. Factors and constituencies beyond his control and even his understanding come into play, and he is formally charged with the killing.
hunterjt13
June 2, 2015
A prosecutor's mistress is murdered, and he becomes the prime suspect.
Throughout the majority of this film, I was bored. Harrison Ford was not at his most dynamic, charming, or interesting, and the supporting players were also relatively bland; when Raul Julia is bland in a film, you've got a story. I was all set to give it two stars or lower, and then the end happened. It got me. I'm usually pretty good at predicting the ends of films, especially mysteries, but I was truly stumped, and I don't mind admitting it. What's great about the reveal is that it's not unfair. All the clues are there, but they're so subtly placed that it's understandable that I didn't pick up on them.
Overall, while it's no The Usual Suspects, this film gets bonus points for its unpredictable and compelling ending.
½ April 4, 2015
Very good movie. Great acting performances and very compelling story line. The ending is surprising.
½ March 27, 2015
Good script but bad direction.
½ July 8, 2012
A terrific script, performance from Harrison Ford and the example of a terrific court room thriller drama
½ January 22, 2015
A great movie to fall asleep to!
August 11, 2013
One of Harrison Ford's best films...
½ August 17, 2014
5mn 55c8 v xx 4555 3gnym TV5 gg tlsz t5 t4nv n n 5^d6r? 3
August 13, 2014
This is one of my favorite movies. The characters are great. The story is excellent and not predictable. Harrison Ford and the other actors are excellent.
August 12, 2014
The film starts off feeling a little typical and glazed over, but as soon as the main focus of the story kicks in it's suspenseful, mysterious, exciting, and intense. If the rest of the movie doesn't do it for you, the ending surely will.
February 23, 2010
(First and only viewing - 4/21/2013)
August 3, 2014
Excellent performances all around in this court room thriller, with a very nice twist at the end.
July 27, 2014
Decent courtroom drama; Ford is great, as usual. The ending has a twist which couldn't be forseen
½ May 30, 2014
sucks. another free junk movie from Flixster.
November 15, 2013
pretty sure I saw this years ago. rewatched for 3rd time with hubby on 2014-06-02