Pulp Fiction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pulp Fiction Reviews

March 23, 2018
Pulp Fiction is one of the first movies that struck me as truly special. There was nothing that bore much resemblance to it upon first viewing and still nothing to this day that brings forth the same character and swag that Tarantino & his crew managed to pull off here.

What is more impressive is that the story is quite generic; what makes the movie such an enjoyable watch are the performances and the dialogue. This is an ode to Tarantino films in general as I went on to discover by watching more of his works later on. Even still, it should be said that the cast and screenplay drive this one home like few others do.

Another feat that makes Pulp Fiction stand out would be Tarantino's keen ear for music that fits so well with his screenplays. Whenever I hear "Misiriou" or "Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon", I have the opening credits or Uma Thurman dancing in my mind's eye. The same can be said for "Son of a Preacher Man" & others. It's truly an experience that stays with you.

Quite simply put: it's a classic. Pulp Fiction captures a feeling more than it does a compelling story through the creative lenses of Tarantino and a cast that just gelled together so well. It's as good as a royale with cheese sounds.
March 13, 2018
A hypnotic blend of noire and comedy from a time familiar and unknowable, Pulp Fiction is that rare narrative that makes your memory of it feel oddly yet linearly arranged.
March 9, 2018
one of the best in its genre, and one of the best movies ever made. its a true masterpiece. everything goes together so well. the actors'(samuel jackson, uma thurman, john travolta, bruce willis, and even quentin tarantino himself!) at the beginning, you might be confused of the mixed-up order, but after it ends, you can see the message(or might as well be a coincidence). quentin tarantino knows when to stop and start scenes. The scenes are cut wonderfully. the musics are also remarkable. 'misrlou', 'son of a preacherman', 'girl you'll be a woman soon', 'you never can tell', and many other are amazing pciks! the burger scene, the dancing scene, the waiting scenes, butch's taxi scene, and the vanilla shake scene are my favorites. to ve honest, i loved every single scene. they are all cleverly shot, and logical enough to make me understand everything. personally, i like vincent and jules' scene(includes mia's date) more than butch's, but i think butch is an important character in this movie too. i wold've given it a 100 stars if rotten tomato let me.
½ February 27, 2018
An eternal classic of violence, action, sex, character development, and some of life's dark twists and taboos, 'Pulp Fiction' is an uncontested piece of Tarantino gold. This review won't do it justice, but Travolta, S.L.Jackson, Willis, DeVito, Thurman, Rhames, Walken, Buscemi, and many more household names make this movie an all-time classic. Following three story lines with each exploring social issues, it is hard to find faults in acting, plot and screenplay.
February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
February 21, 2018
Non solo una pietra miliare per tutta la cultura pulp degli anni '90, non solo un punto obbligatorio della filmografia di Tarantino, e neanche una tappa fondamentale per tutti gli appassionati di sceneggiatura e scrittura creativa: Pulp Fiction è molto di più, si tratta di un'opera leggendaria, tra i migliori film della storia. Dopo Reservoir Dogs, un capolavoro senza tempo, Tarantino ci offre un'opera più completa, più matura e superiore sotto moltissimi aspetti. Sarebbe offensivo elogiare la sceneggiatura divina e la costruzione solida dei suoi personaggi, visto che è talmente palese e scontata che anche il più ignorante se ne accorgerebbe. E' senza dubbio una delle sceneggiature più complete e intense che siano mai state scritte e come tutti gli altri film di Tarantino intrattiene con estrema facilità chiunque. La durata del film è solamente un numero e non fa pesare assolutamente lo spettatore, con due ore e mezza che letteralmente volano senza problemi. Nel complesso un film obbligatorio per chiunque, un film che resterà per sempre impresso nella storia del cinema.
February 11, 2018
best movie of all time for me
February 11, 2018
One of Tarantino's better efforts, just a good fun wild movie.
½ February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 4
Age/Originality: 4
Total: 22/25
½ January 25, 2018
What`s with the high rating? The story goes nowhere. Everything happens for no reason.
January 23, 2018
Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.
January 21, 2018
Great humor, action and dialogue. Tarantino's hallmark and greatest accomplishment. Continue to watch it every few weeks and it doesn't get old. All in all I love this movie and recommend everyone who is interested in great movies to watch it.
January 20, 2018
My favourite movie of all time! A real classic. Reminds me a lot of Lethal Wweapon with Danny Glover and Mel Gibson. It has a few borin scenes that do not go with the plot, but the epic scenes make up for that big time! Would obviously recommend.
½ January 18, 2018
Not my cup of tea at all. Too much time wasted at rubbish talking between the action. A whole host of stars when they were very young. How can you sleep at night after watching this ?
January 9, 2018
I never know what to answer when they ask what my favorite movie is. It's a difficult question... Still when I start to say 4 or 5 titles.... this ALWAYS pop up. If you didn't watch it yet watch it NOW, then watch it again, then possibly again.
January 6, 2018
The king of dialogue proved himself with this movie. Entertaining and smart is probably the best way to describe Pulp Fiction. I loved every single scene and that is very rare. Quentin is truly a great director and writer. Loved all the characters too.
½ January 2, 2018
Truly an amazing and hilarious film and stands as a classic drama with plenty of lines to quote over and over again.
½ January 1, 2018
It's that movie. And yes good
January 1, 2018
PERFECT dialogue with amazingly funny moments, great, iconic scenes and fantastic performances makes this crime-comedy one of the best movies ever made.
½ January 1, 2018
It is no lie that Tarantino's movies never managed to fully cast a spell on me. His style is unique and quite a characteristic of his and I sure do admire that. His stories are a bundle of crazy and that at least is true about "Pulp Fiction". I liked the way these stories were told but I had an issue with the way they interwined. I thought there was a bigger picture that they would come to form but I was wrong. Certainly there was a truth underneath all that but I hoped for something more. Travolta,Jackson,Thurman and Willis did all a fantastic job and I simply loved each and every one of their performances. "Pulp Fiction" is a pop-culture sensation and I certainly see its pull but it never really won me over. There's something about Tarantino and me,I can recognise the talent,it simply doesn't work for me.