Pulp Fiction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pulp Fiction Reviews

½ March 26, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: Tonally, few films embody the vision of their respective creators as much as 'Pulp Fiction' does, but this thing just bleeds Tarantino through every single goddamn element. Yes for a start, it's an unsurprisingly bold and self-assured piece of film, but in the same breath it's also a whittingly self-aware one that has an awful lot of fun with itself. That kind of satyrical ego may well be Tarantino's staple, but for me that shines most strongly here as Pulp Fiction establishes its underlying confidence more than most of his other works. That comes from a combination of its genious narrative structure, the confidence of its themes and the work on its characters, but all in all it means that the film is then able to have further fun with itself because the foundations are so well laid. It does this throughout with its genious scenarios and whitt, and the result is a film that will have you grinning from ear-to-ear, yet hooked by the scruff of your neck at the same time.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: That overall confidence may well leave some a little uneasy, and even its greatest admirers can see that the whole thing loves itself just a little too much under the surface.
VERDICT: The very embodiment of Tarantino; 'Pulp Fiction' is sheer, unquestioning genious that enjoys taking one step back to mock its own self-confidence, even if that's still in the knowledge that it's very, very good indeed.
½ March 22, 2017
Amazing, acting and story was incredible.
March 20, 2017
Brilliant mish-mash of odd-ball characters brought to life by an ensemble cast on top form.
March 19, 2017
This is my favourite movie of all time and I think everyone should watch this movie.
½ March 13, 2017
4.5 stars. This film was a lot different than what I was expecting, and some things in the beginning were a little confusing, but everything came full circle by the end. The humor, violence, and just decisions characters made really surprised me. I can see why this film is loved so much now because it definitely is something else.
March 12, 2017
Classic Tarantino. Out of order, caricatures, humour, violent. That's Zed.
March 10, 2017
Full on Force of Nature
March 5, 2017
Perhaps the great American film.
March 5, 2017
A bit long and boring, mostly in the beginning.
March 5, 2017
One of the coolest movies ever made. Im a tarrintino fan, and this is his best in my opinion.
March 3, 2017
Another of Tarantino's epic crime movies, but this one really is the most classic out of all of his great movies. It's a great, well developed and intriguing story, which is enriched with many famous actors, but the best are really Ving Rhames, John Travolta and the great Samuel L. Jackson, who's terrific, and even funny. That's something that I liked, is the dark humor in this flick, along side with good old fashioned Quentin Tarantino gore. One of the best movies ever made. Recommended !!
February 27, 2017
great plot and over all one of the best movies i have ever watched. This is a top ten for me.
February 24, 2017
A truly influential classic. The definitive Tarantino film. Combining witty dialogue with over the top violence and unconventional scripting make this unforgettable.
½ February 23, 2017
why do they love to kill so many people?
February 20, 2017
Hamburger! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast
February 18, 2017
No brained Top 10 all-time for me. So many lines and it hasn't aged a day in 20+ years.
February 18, 2017
One of the most important films in Film History. I just watched this and it's still fascinating to watch. I know some people don't get this film and that's fine. I just hope they understand how important this film is in American Film History. Looking back, I still feel that Samuel L. Jackson was robbed of an Oscar for his portrayal of Jules. He also should have been nominated for BEST ACTOR as opposed to Supporting Actor. No way anyone was going to beat Tom Hanks (Forrest Gump) in 1994. Either way he was robbed this year.
February 15, 2017
One of the greatest movies ever, go see it now
February 14, 2017
A masterpiece... that's all I have to say! Tarantino's best.
February 13, 2017
This is no doubt one of the greatest cinematic achievements. Everything in this movie is perfect. This is not just good Tarantino it is Tarantino at his very best. The dialogue and the cast are all perfect and very memorable. Sam Jackson and John Travolta in this film have the perfect chemistry. They will have you crying in laughter. Of course you still get your Tarantino violence. A must watch film for anyone. A top 10 film of all time.