Pulp Fiction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pulp Fiction Reviews

May 21, 2018
I don't really know what to say about this movie. It's the best Tarantino film. That statement says it all. Runtime is the biggest problem Quentin has, but this movie has it's minutes spread perfectly. Every second of it is entertaining.
½ May 12, 2018
I cannot say that this is Quentin's best film, because it is the only that I have seen by him. But it has gotten my highest rating, so that counts for something. The violence is okay. The acting is pretty good. But it's Tarantino's golden and genuinely interesting dialogue that makes it so great. Youv'e got a good cast, great dialogue, and a non-linear plot that you have to piece together. Also, personally, I enjoy the surf rock music. In my opinion, it embraces the satirical nature of the film. A must see for any fan of cinema.
May 5, 2018
Pulp Fiction is a shapeless mass of absolute genius and might be arguably the single greatest film ever made. What's more, its highlights are not necessarily the extremely entertaining violence or incredibly unique format, but the invigorating dialogue that drives seemingly dull figures into points of fascination. Questions of morality and normality plague the film, as it never truly distinguishes an identifiable antagonist or even an obstacle. Somehow, Tarantino seems to have just stuck whatever he fancied into the film, with no cohesive plan, and his product was a timeless, messy masterpiece.
April 29, 2018
Absoluteley breathtaking and a fantstic way to make a movie interesting. A classic from my youth!
April 26, 2018
one of the most wonder full move in the world
½ April 10, 2018
Estilo unico e irrepetible de Tarantino, con el cast perfecto para ejecutar este tipo de historia.
April 7, 2018
It's Tarantino which means it's not a movie but an adventure.
April 6, 2018
(spoilers) It might be a cliche hipster thing to say, but nonetheless, I give Pulp Fiction a perfect score. The dialogues are brilliant, that should be considered as a scientific fact by now. Besides this: Jules' personal transformation in conjunction with, and corresponding with, the changing of the used Bible passage illustrating this transformation is masterful. Pulp Fictions' theme of redemption is skillfully woven into the story. At first, making it look like a shapeless mess of matter (pulp) that has turned into something interconnected by the end. Vincent stays sloppy and stubborn which results in his death. Butch's redemption comes from caring more about his family legacy than his own life and so doing, lives and gets away rich. The redemption for Pumpkin and Honey Bunny consists of the likely perspective change of the viewer, seeing them as bad people in the beginning, but at the end, considering the rest of the things the viewer has seen in the movie, they are actually pretty innocent. They get away alive with there attempted robbery and with the money because of Jules' transformation. All of this is mostly conveyed by the earlier mentioned, brilliant dialogues. Of course, I can't finish this love letter without saying that mister Wolf is the very definition of cool and Fabienne is cute.
April 4, 2018
What`s with the high rating? The story goes nowhere. Everything happens for no reason. You know now that I`ve rewatched it this film I can say it`s quotable and has a good cast but that`s the only thing backing this otherwise pointless religious butt-kissing film. I do like some of the action but honestly who would want to wait through an unorganized film just to see it a second time?
March 30, 2018
The hair says it all even back in the day, today it's all the same even for the genre. Everybody loves this film but for me, yet I am watching at the moment..... Why?
½ March 29, 2018
Superb Writing: 2.5 Stars
What makes this movie so good is its dialogue. The dialogue isnt about a central problem or drama. Its different conversations that are centric to the characters, and this gives you an understanding of the characters and makes the movie all the more real and less staged and all about character development.
Production
Great soundtrack, great editing, great camerawork. Would have loved to see some beautiful cinematography.
March 23, 2018
Pulp Fiction is one of the first movies that struck me as truly special. There was nothing that bore much resemblance to it upon first viewing and still nothing to this day that brings forth the same character and swag that Tarantino & his crew managed to pull off here.

What is more impressive is that the story is quite generic; what makes the movie such an enjoyable watch are the performances and the dialogue. This is an ode to Tarantino films in general as I went on to discover by watching more of his works later on. Even still, it should be said that the cast and screenplay drive this one home like few others do.

Another feat that makes Pulp Fiction stand out would be Tarantino's keen ear for music that fits so well with his screenplays. Whenever I hear "Misiriou" or "Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon", I have the opening credits or Uma Thurman dancing in my mind's eye. The same can be said for "Son of a Preacher Man" & others. It's truly an experience that stays with you.

Quite simply put: it's a classic. Pulp Fiction captures a feeling more than it does a compelling story through the creative lenses of Tarantino and a cast that just gelled together so well. It's as good as a royale with cheese sounds.
March 13, 2018
A hypnotic blend of noire and comedy from a time familiar and unknowable, Pulp Fiction is that rare narrative that makes your memory of it feel oddly yet linearly arranged.
March 9, 2018
one of the best in its genre, and one of the best movies ever made. its a true masterpiece. everything goes together so well. the actors'(samuel jackson, uma thurman, john travolta, bruce willis, and even quentin tarantino himself!) at the beginning, you might be confused of the mixed-up order, but after it ends, you can see the message(or might as well be a coincidence). quentin tarantino knows when to stop and start scenes. The scenes are cut wonderfully. the musics are also remarkable. 'misrlou', 'son of a preacherman', 'girl you'll be a woman soon', 'you never can tell', and many other are amazing pciks! the burger scene, the dancing scene, the waiting scenes, butch's taxi scene, and the vanilla shake scene are my favorites. to ve honest, i loved every single scene. they are all cleverly shot, and logical enough to make me understand everything. personally, i like vincent and jules' scene(includes mia's date) more than butch's, but i think butch is an important character in this movie too. i wold've given it a 100 stars if rotten tomato let me.
½ February 27, 2018
An eternal classic of violence, action, sex, character development, and some of life's dark twists and taboos, 'Pulp Fiction' is an uncontested piece of Tarantino gold. This review won't do it justice, but Travolta, S.L.Jackson, Willis, DeVito, Thurman, Rhames, Walken, Buscemi, and many more household names make this movie an all-time classic. Following three story lines with each exploring social issues, it is hard to find faults in acting, plot and screenplay.
February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
February 21, 2018
Non solo una pietra miliare per tutta la cultura pulp degli anni '90, non solo un punto obbligatorio della filmografia di Tarantino, e neanche una tappa fondamentale per tutti gli appassionati di sceneggiatura e scrittura creativa: Pulp Fiction è molto di più, si tratta di un'opera leggendaria, tra i migliori film della storia. Dopo Reservoir Dogs, un capolavoro senza tempo, Tarantino ci offre un'opera più completa, più matura e superiore sotto moltissimi aspetti. Sarebbe offensivo elogiare la sceneggiatura divina e la costruzione solida dei suoi personaggi, visto che è talmente palese e scontata che anche il più ignorante se ne accorgerebbe. E' senza dubbio una delle sceneggiature più complete e intense che siano mai state scritte e come tutti gli altri film di Tarantino intrattiene con estrema facilità chiunque. La durata del film è solamente un numero e non fa pesare assolutamente lo spettatore, con due ore e mezza che letteralmente volano senza problemi. Nel complesso un film obbligatorio per chiunque, un film che resterà per sempre impresso nella storia del cinema.
February 11, 2018
best movie of all time for me
February 11, 2018
One of Tarantino's better efforts, just a good fun wild movie.
½ February 6, 2018