Quantum of Solace Reviews

• 4d ago

It's definitely not as good as Casino Royale. The story is less interesting, the action scenes are edited too quickly so at times it's kinda hard to tell what's going on, and it feels more like the older Bond movies whereas Casino Royale didn't feel like any Bond movie we had seen. But even with those complaints, none of them are terrible, and I don't consider this a bad movie. It still has some entertaining action scenes and Daniel Craig is still great as James Bond. So overall, Quantum of Solace isn't one of the best Bond movies, but it's not one of the worst either.

• Dec 01, 2019

Quantum of Solace may not reach the pure perfection of Casino Royale, but it contains some of the same great elements Craig's serial improved upon. Bond is more human and he is showing genuine emotions, Bond Girl (Camille, played very convincingly by Olga Kurylenko) is a fully realized character, and not just a pretty decor. The villainous organization Quantum shows a lot of potential as sort of an Illuminati type of omnipresent threat. We still have amazing action and lovely scenery of various countries used as a backdrop. What makes this film less impactful than it's predecessor is that it's main emotional baggage is retroactive, not proactive. Bond's memory of Vesper is what drives him forward. Nevertheless, we do have an immediate story of vengeance, the Camille's one. Her mission is pushing the plot forward and her relationship with Bond is unlike any other in the serial. Much like all the last ones, QoS is also a classy film. We don't get cheap jokes, racial stereotypes or excessive sexism many of the previous films displayed. It's a pretty thrilling, albeit a bit somber ride through the world-building of Craig's more serious Bond.

• Nov 29, 2019

5.5/10______________

5.5/10______________

• Nov 29, 2019

Alright I suppose watched worse movies like Star Trek

Alright I suppose watched worse movies like Star Trek

• Nov 18, 2019

Despite the horrendous editing, it’s a serviceable action flick; a lower-stakes Bond adventure with a fun showdown in a desert hotel.

• Nov 13, 2019

The most underrated bond movie and I think the Action was great

The most underrated bond movie and I think the Action was great

• Sep 22, 2019

An endless mashup of shaky cam and incoherence, Quantum of Solace is one of those movies you watch on the plane when you can't fall asleep.

• Sep 17, 2019

I saw this at theater, and then saw it on video for a time, and it's not aged well. The editing is all over the place. The action scenes come and go as if someone's shoving you and saying, 'Here it is, okay, moving on' type of vibe. Both Craig and the Bond girl are great. But the bad guys motive is virtually unfounded on. It's not actually a big deal, and its sort of terrible in that it was only an hour and forty five minutes. No where near the time of even the earliest Bond movies. Title song was okay at best. But yeah, I don't think I enjoyed this movie at all. It was okay in the running time. But they just sort of 'half-as#' ed it. It's not bad, it's just all over the place.

• Sep 11, 2019

I was very excited for the second Bond film with Daniel Craig because I very much enjoyed Casino Royale but Quantum Of Solace was pretty boring and was plagued by shaky cam.

• Jul 22, 2019

That was a step in the wrong direction. This felt more like some of the older bond movies we were tired of.