Rabbit Hole Reviews

• Jul 24, 2021

Kidman and Eckhart experience devastating loss and the film follows how they deal together and individually. Painful, yes. Realistic, yes. It's tragedy and reconciliation at a great level.

• Jan 01, 2021

This is a difficult watch at times, but a brilliant exploration of un-imaginable grief and the way in which people respond. Must see in my view and great performances by Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eekhart.

• Aug 12, 2020

Did not know anything about this movie before watching and came away impressed. Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart do wondrous things with their roles as parents grieving a loss. I've always loved Dianne Wiest and she delivers in her interesting support role. While the theme may sound like something to avoid David Lindsay Abaire's fine screenplay, based on his Pulitzer Prize play of the same name makes it a riveting experience. It looks good, does not try to add silly padded diversions and leads you on a believable journey of discovery and understanding. Makes a refreshing change from the standard Hollywood fare and all performances are first class - with nice cinematography and music score rounding it off. Pleased Kidman gave up yet another Woody Allan film in preference for this one.

• Jun 16, 2020

I love the play, but this made a mess of the character of Jason. Made it even more about Kidman than it is supposed to be. Aaron Eckhart acted the hell out of this. He was by far the best aspect of the film.

• Feb 10, 2019

This film is absolutely gorgeous. Yes, itï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s slow, yes, itï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s dark, because itï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s about incomprehensible loss. How do you make an action-packed adventure movie about grief? The negative reviews are tone-deafï¿ 1/2 1/2"they canï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)t see or hear or feel what drives this movie. They donï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)t want to see a movie about grief. Fine. But it is authentic, with fantastic performances from all the actors, and has been a cathartic touchstone for me when losses hit. If you canï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)t handle feeling some of the hardest emotions human beings can feel, donï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)t watch it. If youï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)re looking for comfort or hope in the midst of tragic loss, watch this movie. Iï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)m so grateful it was made.

• Jul 16, 2018

Simple, but not too remarkable tale about loss and grief; the good cast makes it worth the watch.

• Mar 15, 2018

Enjoyable...worth the money. I'd watch it again.

Enjoyable...worth the money. I'd watch it again.

• Nov 24, 2017

Based on David Lindsay-Abaire's Pulitzer Prize winning play of the same name, director John Cameron Mitchell's "Rabbit Hole" is an absolute wallop of a drama, featuring plaintive performances that never even begin to border on being too schlocky or too Hollywood, some really idyllic camerawork and imagery throughout, and - most importantly - a supremely fascinating and unique take on the thematic topic of grieving process, closure, and death. It really is keen dramatic work. Lindsay-Abaire, who also penned the film's screenplay, has this excellent knack for keeping things super simple and quiet, yet pregnant with subtext and meaning. It's no wonder why the text that the film's based on is so renowned. Kidman and Eckhart are incredible. I at no point doubted their onscreen interactions and chemistry, which - again - are just rife with so many notions left unsaid. I gotta' say, I was pleasantly surprised with this film, despite its dour subject matter. It was truly worth the watch.

• Sep 18, 2017

This is a very, very sad movie but, so very well acted!

This is a very, very sad movie but, so very well acted!

• May 28, 2017

This movie is well worth watching. The subject matter is truly sorrowful, but I didn't shed a tear and I cry at movies, happy and sad. I stayed focused on the characters and how they reacted to this tragic event, instead of the actual event itself. The acting is top notch. Nicole Kidman was nominated for a well deserved Oscar, she didn't win, but she was just so great in this part. Worth your time.