The Rage: Carrie 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Rage: Carrie 2 Reviews

October 31, 2017
Okay as an avid horror movie watcher Carrie 2 The Rage brings a little bit of the backstory from the original though this is a 1999 sequel to The to the 1976 original starring Sissy Spacek it is an alright movie so that's reason I'm giving it a 4-star rating there is a lot of omage to the original and a member of the original cast did come back to play and the sequel so I'm really disappointed when people bash movies
½ September 16, 2017
A chilling representation of Nineties thrillers. If you love Stephen King stories and Ten Things I Hate About You, you will be entertained.
July 13, 2017
An uninspired, predictable, and overall confusing plot with brain dead characters make it a complete waste of time and one of the worst sequels I have ever seen. Highly not recommended
½ December 20, 2016
I hate the 90's teen horror phase and I hate the idea of sequelising one of the greatest horror films ever made but shockingly this was not terrible. It's trashy and lacking the emotional depth of the original but it's a fun retread; acting as a No-name brand version of the original, almost better than th
Chloe Grace Moretz remake.
October 16, 2016
Not as good as the original, of course, but I didn't think it was bad.
½ October 13, 2016
Suffers from 90itis, but it's still a fun and stylish follow up. Copies a lot of the same beats of the original, but brings some new ones.
½ September 28, 2016
Desconsiderando que é uma sequência direta do filme de 1976, até que não é tão ruim quanto se espera.
July 12, 2016
The sequel to the masterpiece "Carrie" could've been worse but it is still remotely unsatisfying.
June 1, 2016
It's a bit silly as a sequel to the original film, but the characters are well developed, though somewhat generic, and the effects are nice. Otherwise, it's mostly a rehash of the first Carrie, and most of the themes from it are left out.
May 21, 2016
This is not terrible, which is probably the best that can be hoped from a sequel made 23 years after the fact. The basic set up is okay ... with some issues. Not enough thought seems to have been put into the character dynamics. While you can see why a wallflower like Carrie White would be happy receiving attention from William Katt, it's totally mystifying why a fairly rebellious, independent-minded young girl would be happy to be befriended by the raging assholes in this film. It's not even clear how anyone can tolerate them for more than a few minutes. While it's nice having Amy Irving back as a thread to the original film, her single-mindedness in this film comes off as more "crazy lady" than helpful. Finally, while the bloodiness of the climax is kind of welcome, it's tonally inconsistent comes off as more unintentionally funny than it should.
½ April 30, 2016
Boring, unnecessary sequel (25 years later!); the best parts are flashbacks to scenes from the original film by Amy Irving (who recreates her original role).
½ December 5, 2015
Any way to give this lower than zero stars?
½ October 12, 2015
A lethargic sequel. There are frequent and vapid references to the original film and there is too much of the post-Scream angsty teen college flick rubbish.
May 26, 2015
The obsession with money grabbing sequels soils many a fine original horror movie as is the case here.
March 27, 2015
Maybe this could've been less horrible if it was made alone instead of being unworthy of Carrie-ing the name.
December 31, 2014
Much better than the original Carrie.
½ November 25, 2014
One the original came out, i loved the movie carrie. it was Stephen Kings story but never had this story plot in the book. The plot was not really steady and was pretty much generic.
½ November 9, 2014
Not a bad guilty pleasure of a movie. Although this doesn't really surprise anyone and it's pretty much a copy of Carrie updated for the 90's, it's got little flourishes here ad there to keep me entertained.
½ September 14, 2014
Blah sequel to the classic Brian DePalma original film adaptation of the Stephen King novel. Amy Irving is the only character to return for this sequel, which is really more of a remake (same bullies and mean girls, same telekinetic powers, and same everyone-pays-in-the-end climax). Katt Shea, who directed the enjoyably trashy "Poison Ivy", directed this film, so I'd hoped this would have the same kind of trashy camp value. I didn't expect anything as slick or smart at the DePalma version, but I was thinking there might be a fun. I suppose the bullies (one of whom is the oldest son from "Home Improvement") are nasty enough that it's is satisfying to see them get their comeuppance, but tha's really not enough to justify spending two hours watching the film. Emily Bergl is the new Carrie-figure, Jason London is the William Katt-nice-guy-figure, John Doe plays Carrie's mean dad and Mena Suvari has a bit part as a mean girl. Charlotte Ayanna is very pretty as one of the mean girls.