Red Rock West Reviews

• Nov 05, 2019

Bizarre and independent. Reminded me of Tarantino and some crazy short stories. Other than it being set in WY, Cage being his crazy self and his cool Cadillac, I would say I don't need to see it ever again.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best thrilling movie ever made!

The best thrilling movie ever made!

• Oct 29, 2018

Back when Nicolas Cage was doing some real acting.

Back when Nicolas Cage was doing some real acting.

• Sep 23, 2018

It's as if this film doesn't exist, or nobody has seen it. Well I have and it's immediately underrated.

• Feb 04, 2018

Often overlooked and copied a lot (Stone's U-turn and Hot-spot) but this is the best. Well worth a watch for Dennis Hopper's performance. Also, one of Cage's better films.

• Jul 11, 2017

Cage's most restrained performance. I kept waiting for his explosions, which never came, ended up adding a cool layer of uncertainty to an already trippy affair.

• Mar 29, 2017

This film noir is criminally unknown. Has Nicholas Cage had a better role? This stylish thriller keeps you guessing with an impressive cast and excellent pacing. Action, humour, romance and plenty of badness, if you don't know it, check it out urgently.

• Jan 25, 2017

"Red Rock West" is not particularly big, complex or aspiring, but remains pleasant. The soundtrack sets the mood, Dennis Hopper is a successful casting choice and the script takes enough turns to keep you uncertain as to what the fate of those four will finally be at curtain call. As I stated in the beginning, the film doesn't seem to aim particularly high and feels a little restrained - yet a few characteristic scenes will probably stick to your memory, and that's definitely a good thing.

• Apr 26, 2016

Film noir classic in this modern day tale of a drifter who is mistaken for a hitman. Beautifully directed, dark and memorable performances make this sleeper into a cult status classic.

• Apr 17, 2016

Good film about a man trapped in one small city.

Good film about a man trapped in one small city.