Breathe Reviews

• May 29, 2017

The storyline is actually quite simple but I feel that the duration of the movie is too long in building suspense. And it's not as interesting as I imagined.

• Oct 26, 2016

French movies have a lot in common. Copious amounts of smoking and drinking, great actresses, and foreshadowing that takes place in classrooms. Sometimes this movie drifts away to gaze adoringly on the main actresses and that is where the cinematography really shines. The decision to stage a good portion of the movie in a lakeside trailer park was fantastic.

• May 15, 2016

A lite too slow for us.

A lite too slow for us.

• May 14, 2016

This movie is French, and there was an actual french kiss.

This movie is French, and there was an actual french kiss.

• Apr 27, 2016

Ah, never underestimate the quiet ones. :)

Ah, never underestimate the quiet ones. :)

• Apr 20, 2016

Shocking portrayal of what teenagers struggle with...

Shocking portrayal of what teenagers struggle with...

• Apr 19, 2016

Breathe is a great film about growing up and learning to deal with specific emotions for that moment in our lives. The two main actresses gives us an amazing screenplay and Mélanie Laurent puts it all together perfectly. The way the bond between the two girls slowly goes from 'close as lovers' to 'misformed as enemies' made me feel very uneasy. At some point I really wanted the modest girl to react to the bullying of her so called friend. But when she did react at the end, I was simply speechless and stunned. Breathe made me feel happy, loved, angry and sad. It played with my emotions and for that it will rumble around in my brain for a long time to come.

• Mar 06, 2016

Great movie with a very unexpected ending!!! Let me wanting to see more!!

Great movie with a very unexpected ending!!! Let me wanting to see more!!

• Feb 27, 2016

Loe de Laage is awesome!

Loe de Laage is awesome!

• Feb 14, 2016

This reminds me of the film Breaking The Girls, only infinitely better. The actors are captivating to watch. Like most French films I've seen, you won't really know what's going to happen 'til the end. But when the final curtain drops, everything seemed inevitable.