The Ring Two - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ring Two Reviews

July 18, 2016
While it's not as creepy and haunting as it's predecessor, it still serves as a genuinely satisfying sequel.
½ July 8, 2016
As a fan of the first film, I was really interested in seeing the sequel. I never got around to it because any time any one tried to explain it to me, I'd get too confused to remember to even look it up. That's because when I say "the original" most people think I'm referring to "The Ring" and not "Ringu". And people are stupid. Any ways, I was glad that with every scene, we're given re-treatments of the first film's premises shown through with the same quality photography and the same straightforward acting. It's almost -- almost -- as good as the first. It's weird in its own weird way. I don't think it's really worth watching if you didn't deeply enjoy the first film. In that sense, it's a traditional sequel. Not a "Star Trek" kind of sequel where it stands on its own, or a "Halloween" kind of sequel where it fails miserably. It's definitely in the goldilocks zone where all good sequels exist. 3.5/5
May 15, 2016
I'm probably one of the only people who thinks so, but I thought this was an improvement from the fist film. I wasn't scared by the first, and I thought it was hyped up wayyyy too much. The second wasn't perfect, but I was into it the whole time and it had some great moments and some nice (although sometimes cheap) scares. Naomi Watts was great as always.
½ February 25, 2016
El ejemplo perfecto de cómo destrozar una saga con una segunda película. Y extrañamente dirigida por el director de la original y la secuela de esta.

The Ring Two no respeta prácticamente nada la original, es aburrida, no tiene sentido en su mayor parte y estás deseando que se termine después de los primeros cinco minutos.

Una pérdida de tiempo.
February 8, 2016
I think I enjoyed this one more, even if it is a more conventional thriller.
January 12, 2016
not as good as one but good.
½ January 2, 2016
A bad follow up for a decent horror film.
November 28, 2015
well shot! some great water shots and scenes. creepy kid
November 3, 2015
There's a rare presence of a nostalgic vibe in this ridiculous sequel that extends the storyline with lesser amount of scares. (B-)

(Full review coming soon)
October 28, 2015
slightly more entertaining than the first one but not really that scary.
September 17, 2015
Despite a weak storyline and some cheap moments, The Ring two carries enough creepy images to make it a scary experience.
August 30, 2015
I cannot see how this movie is any worse than its predecessor. If anything its a little more scary. The story follows one quite nicely and contains more mystery, Naomi Watts is back with another strong performance along with her son who is a little less likeable. Its very similar to the original and visits a lot of both the story and the settings. Its another solid horror which does little wrong but little new. Its not to samey and is quite entertaining.
½ August 10, 2015
Wow did they throw a lot of crap that did not work against the wall and it caved the whole damn movie in.
½ July 28, 2015
Boring, uninspired and ridiculous.
July 23, 2015
Despite Hideo Nakata himself directing the sequel to the successful Ring, The Ring Two fails to live up to the original in every way. [C-]
½ July 4, 2015
this movie is really good but honestly the first one was better
½ June 18, 2015
Pretty good movie. While the premise isn't quite as creepy or terrifying as the first film, the atmosphere and visuals of The Ring Two help it from being a boring sequel, as well as a strong performance from Watts.
½ June 2, 2015
Totally totally lame. Although the big "chase" sequence at the end is great, The Ring Two isn't scary at all (which is a shock because the director, Hideo Nakata, directed the original Ringu! How is this not scary?!?!). The deer sequence is hilarious.
March 21, 2015
Guys it's not a perfect movie but doesn't it have everything a thriller needs?The story is ok but really it's a fun movie.
March 8, 2015
The original rocked! But someone should be smacked around for making this messy, Messy, MESSY mess of a movie! Ugh! :-(