The Rocketeer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Rocketeer Reviews

July 15, 2016
What an excellent movie of the last few years
July 11, 2016
Do not believe everything that happens and say the only regular film that you tease, you have to read the graphic novel by Dave Stevens on which it is based is a true work of art in every rule I recommend, because this sappy , loose and predictable adaptation of Disney was just an excuse to repeat the success of "Dick Tracy" and sell toys, but ended up being a failure, nor the luxurious design of the hull, or the brilliant music of James Horner, neither the good visual effects will take advantage of this assembly, not respect entirely the essence of the comic's girlfriend Rocketeer not called Jenny Blake, is called Betty (inspired by the queen of pin-ups 50s Bettie Page), the latter was a character invented to make a children's film when the graphic novel was more mature and brutal, another character invented that does not exist in the comic is Neville Sinclair, an imitation of Errol Flynn who gives life former 007 Timothy Dalton, who actually turns out to be a Nazi spy infiltrated Hollywood to take the rocket-backpack, the giant Lothar was a member of a funfair freaks in which Secord life before being pilot won, here they became another Nazi who works for Sinclair, everything that happens in the movie is a lie Ya'an and read the comic.
½ May 26, 2016
I put this movie on with a friend.I figured I would just laugh at a horrible bit of nostalgia from my childhood. but jokes on me, I really enjoyed it. this movie held up surprisingly well to me. just a fun adventure movie with some good performances from Alan arkin and Timothy Dalton (as a pretty 1940s villain. ) even the flying sequences weren't that bad for their time.
May 22, 2016
A remnant of a remnant of a golden age, 1991's The Rocketeer is a just plain fun reminder of both the golden age of live-action Disney in the early '90s and the pulpy goodness of old Hollywood. The effects hold up, the acting is great, and a former Bond is a Nazi. This movie pretty much has it all and remains fun 20 years later.
½ April 24, 2016
A decent rendition of the themes from comics of that era. It made a few mistakes, but remained an interesting watch.
April 12, 2016
It's a decent comic book based film!
March 13, 2016
so - so. I did not finish it
February 20, 2016
It didn't hit me with as much as I was expecting, although for younger children it would probably be a blast, but I was still entertained.
February 13, 2016
Great film for any age, Disney did a great job.
February 10, 2016
4 ud af 5 zeppelinere. Lige så god i dag, som da jeg tekstede den i 1991. Joe Johnstons filmatisering af Dave Stevens' tegneserie er et vidunderligt action-eventyr fra sluttredivernes Hollywood med masser af sjove inside-referencer for filmnørder.
January 18, 2016
A timeless masterpiece that's full of heart, uniquely stylized and well acted!
½ January 10, 2016
Back in the late 80s/early 90s, there was a game released for the Amiga called 'Rocket Ranger', that was likely based on the pulp fiction serial adventures of the 50s.

The reason I bring that up: because the makers of this film (from 1991) must've at least been aware of the existence of the same sharing, as it does, more than a few similarities. This is set in the late-30s (so pre-war), and tells the story of Cliff Secord, a pilot who finds a one-man jet-pack (later revealed to be invented by, and stolen from, Howard Hughes) hidden in his hanger. The gangsters who stole it, on the orders of Timothy Dalton's screen-star (and secret Nazi spy) Neville Sinclair are soon in pursuit, as are the FBI and Sinclair himself, leading to a show-down on board a German Zeppelin.

Unfortunately, the (pre-Jurassic Park) effects haven't aged all that well. That's a pity for a film that is, essentially, a comic-book movie from back before comic book movies were the 'in' thing! James Horner's musical score, on the other hand, is still pretty catching.
January 9, 2016
You get exactly what you expect...but in the end that's enough to satisfy.
December 20, 2015
soooo underrated this is a classic Disney movie in my opinion love the story and the soundtrack is beyond amazing
November 25, 2015
Even though it's an older movie, you forget the fact that it's a Disney movie. With an all-star cast, the action, patriotism and historical significance is abundant.
September 17, 2015
Very fun, very visceral adventure flick
September 15, 2015
Enjoyable and heartwarming but something felt off through the film, I enjoyed it very little for many reasons but I felt the story and main action sequences was all over the place with its action and trying to set up the main hero of the film it never really git a certain pint pony where you could start in the story. Its a fun movie ill give it that but one I wouldn't watch again and again if you seen it once you've seen to many times because its a re use of that certain kid like genera for the young teens and people in their lives who like old fashion superhero movies this movie simply pays homage to that. I didn't hate the film or dislike I just found to was ok and nothing to really rave about "Thumbs Marginally Up" For the Rocketeer.
½ July 21, 2015
One of my favourite movies from when I was young. Watched it again last night and still loved it! The score from James Horner is absolutely beautiful and so appropriate too.
½ July 11, 2015
Better than all MARVEL film.
½ June 23, 2015
This is not a good movie.