Rosemary's Baby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rosemary's Baby Reviews

April 29, 2017
Brilliant in every way. A classic.
April 26, 2017
I loved this one, the tenant is my other favourite by roman Polanski
April 20, 2017
A must-see for any fan of horror movies. In a very "Hitchcock-esque" manner, Rosemary's Baby provides an unsettling, yet magnetic view into the tale of an unfortunate young woman's pregnancy. Every actor's performance in this film is superb, and the set-design, score, and overall theme are so attractive, that one can't help but become absorbed into this masterpiece. An all-time classic, and a necessity among the libraries of serious film collectors.
April 12, 2017
Haunting. Ominous. Disorienting. Amazing.
½ April 4, 2017
Once Rosemary's Baby takes off, it becomes a brilliant psychological and claustrophobic horror film.

After a woman gets pregnant, she becomes increasingly suspicious as a result of bizarre coincidences and occurrences. She then starts to expect the worst and slowly starts to dip into insanity.

The film's construction is amazing. Things start off slow and then slowly build up. Things gradually pick up speed to make us more nervous. The events start off a bit slow at first but once the movie picks up, it keeps us on the edge of our seats and we're left on our seats dying to find out what happens next.

This is definitely one of the more atmospheric, subtle, and creepy horror films out there. It's really rare that you find a film like this anymore. Most horror films are "in your face" nowadays but this one sneaks up on you and messes with your head throughout it.

The score is amazing. The soft motherly voice and the shill instruments get under our skin and it sets up what kind of movie this is. Mia Farrow gave an outstanding performance. She did a great job setting scenes with her facial expressions. The other supporting actors and actresses were great but Mia did the best job.

To be honest though, I saw the ending coming from a mile away. I'm not going to say what it is but it was very predictable. I would've been surprised if my prediction about what I think would happen wasn't correct. During the film, I thought "I don't think they're going to do this. It would be way too predictable".

The ending needed work. It wasn't completely terrible but it wasn't all that surprising like I hoped it to be. Despite that, the movie is still a phenomenal work of horror. It's claustrophobic and it has a great pacing. It's guaranteed to get under your skin.
½ March 23, 2017
"Rosemary's Baby" layak untuk menjadi sebuah tontonan horror yang penuh dengan misteri. Memang tidak akan ada adegan pembunuhan, ataupun sosok hantu seperti pada umumnya. Film ini memberikan penggambaran yang lebih menakutkan, dimana tidak hanya akan menegangkan karakter Rosemary saja, tetapi secara tidak langsung juga menegangkan penonton. Film ini tidak hanya thriller biasa, tetapi juga menakutkan dengan penggambaran yang sentimentil dari Polanski.
March 19, 2017
Frightening, disturbing, painful to watch. The film is made in such an unexplainable way that its hard to find another companion in its genre. Polanski's masterpeice in horror category.
March 13, 2017
The definition of Thriller.
March 9, 2017
Well made, good story, well acted by a great cast. Wicker man and Exorcist and many other themes. Great stuff.
January 24, 2017
Very good horror movie in terms of casting and production. The story could have been tighter.
December 17, 2016
Beautifully moved and slow paced, Rosemary's Baby will make you question about ever having children. Seriously. Mia Farrow is so beautifully haunting and questioning that you might just think that you are going mad right along with her. The characters are excellent and the grand finale of the movie will have you in frightful tears.
November 24, 2016
A classic thriller was the first mainstream Polanski film and a must-watch film. Part of The Criterion Collection and on Blu-ray in the US.
November 17, 2016
I have only one word for this film and that is DISGUSTING!
November 5, 2016
'Rosemary's Baby' is surprisingly intense, and checks all the boxes of how a proper horror movie should be.
½ November 1, 2016
Rosemary's Baby is a work of sheer brilliance that left me in complete awe. The music, the direction, the cast, and the atmosphere is everything that some modern horror should take notes on.

Roman Polanski is a master of his craft and he perfectly builds up the tension in every scene that makes the mystery even more engaging, as you the audience get interested in what's going on like Mia Farrow character. Speaking of Mia Farrow, shes pretty damn amazing in this and one of her best performance I've seen from her. The same goes to the rest of the cast, especially John Cassavetes and Ruth Gordon.

The movie is a slow burn, but the pay off is satisfying and I always like that in movies when everything adds up to the end. You Know what, I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't watch this sooner, but thankfully I did, even at this time.

Happy Halloween everyone.
½ October 31, 2016
What a load of shite. How is this rated so high
½ October 30, 2016
This psychological horror keeps you trapped until you fully accept that you can't escape the evil. Rosemary's Baby is effectively suffocating and shows satanism is disturbingly normal.
½ October 29, 2016
Often on "best horror ever" lists, & it's easy to see why: It's terrifying. The quirky likability of the neighbors perfectly counters their relatable pushiness & underlying evil. I can only imagine watching this as a pregnant lady, as it tangibly captures the physical stress & mental paranoia put on their body. However, the wonderful dialogue, quirky characters, uncommonly sharp editing and unsettlingly great performances make it a plain great film. (PS What's the deal with Farrow and morally corrupt auteurs?)
October 20, 2016
The price one pays for a glamorous NY apartment
October 20, 2016
Rosemary (Mia Farrow) and Guy (John Cassavates) are a young married couple who conceive a child shortly after they move into a New York apartment building with a sinister reputation. Rosemary is initially bewildered by the eccentricities of the elderly neighbors who dote upon her as she carries her baby, but these peculiarities ultimately convince her that something evil is behind their motives. Rosemary's Baby is a triumph in psychological horror and a goodly amount of credit is due to writer/director Roman Polanski's unassailable sense of pace and narrative tension. However, the most valuable component of this film is definitely Mia Farrow's chilling, affecting, and human performance.