Rosemary's Baby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rosemary's Baby Reviews

June 20, 2017
Truly a classic movie! A creepy tale that invests you into what will happen to poor Rosemary as she struggles through her pregnancy, wanting the best for her child, but the unknown awaits.
June 18, 2017
Tecnicamente perfeito, a narração delicadamente se desdobra em uma tensão perturbadora, a direção e pontualmente eficaz e o melhor é um clássico do terror, juntando toda isso o que temos?
Uma grande decepção, o final ou a falta dele, faz de Rosemary's Baby um fiasco, o inicio promissor eleva nossas expectativas, então esperamos ser impactados com algo nunca imaginado antes, mas não é o que acontece, o filme termina em uma montanha de duvidas e incertezas desconsolantes, deixando o expectador se afogando em duvidas e confusões.
½ June 6, 2017
It may be a little too campy by today's standards, but Rosemary's Baby finds writer-director Roman Polanski infusing this classic horror film with a brilliant blend of female-driven anxiety and chilling restraint, and a phenomenal, engaging performance from Mia Farrow makes this tale much less monotonous than it would've been otherwise.
½ May 1, 2017
Stands the test of time. A creepy, suspenseful horror that drags the audience to the shocking, non-gratuitous, conclusion. The politeness of people prove more toxic to poor Rosemary than all the pills and mysterious potions she must take. Like The Omen and The Exorcist, this must be a ride of terror for believers. Lucky them. My greatest horror ride was Insidious when I screamed the house down from start to finish. So I can guess how they'd feel.
One little point. Will there ever be film makers brave enough to use Christianity as the platform for evil, or will it always be non-Christians causing all the trouble?
April 29, 2017
Brilliant in every way. A classic.
April 26, 2017
I loved this one, the tenant is my other favourite by roman Polanski
April 20, 2017
A must-see for any fan of horror movies. In a very "Hitchcock-esque" manner, Rosemary's Baby provides an unsettling, yet magnetic view into the tale of an unfortunate young woman's pregnancy. Every actor's performance in this film is superb, and the set-design, score, and overall theme are so attractive, that one can't help but become absorbed into this masterpiece. An all-time classic, and a necessity among the libraries of serious film collectors.
April 12, 2017
Haunting. Ominous. Disorienting. Amazing.
½ April 4, 2017
Once Rosemary's Baby takes off, it becomes a brilliant psychological and claustrophobic horror film.

After a woman gets pregnant, she becomes increasingly suspicious as a result of bizarre coincidences and occurrences. She then starts to expect the worst and slowly starts to dip into insanity.

The film's construction is amazing. Things start off slow and then slowly build up. Things gradually pick up speed to make us more nervous. The events start off a bit slow at first but once the movie picks up, it keeps us on the edge of our seats and we're left on our seats dying to find out what happens next.

This is definitely one of the more atmospheric, subtle, and creepy horror films out there. It's really rare that you find a film like this anymore. Most horror films are "in your face" nowadays but this one sneaks up on you and messes with your head throughout it.

The score is amazing. The soft motherly voice and the shill instruments get under our skin and it sets up what kind of movie this is. Mia Farrow gave an outstanding performance. She did a great job setting scenes with her facial expressions. The other supporting actors and actresses were great but Mia did the best job.

To be honest though, I saw the ending coming from a mile away. I'm not going to say what it is but it was very predictable. I would've been surprised if my prediction about what I think would happen wasn't correct. During the film, I thought "I don't think they're going to do this. It would be way too predictable".

The ending needed work. It wasn't completely terrible but it wasn't all that surprising like I hoped it to be. Despite that, the movie is still a phenomenal work of horror. It's claustrophobic and it has a great pacing. It's guaranteed to get under your skin.
½ March 23, 2017
"Rosemary's Baby" layak untuk menjadi sebuah tontonan horror yang penuh dengan misteri. Memang tidak akan ada adegan pembunuhan, ataupun sosok hantu seperti pada umumnya. Film ini memberikan penggambaran yang lebih menakutkan, dimana tidak hanya akan menegangkan karakter Rosemary saja, tetapi secara tidak langsung juga menegangkan penonton. Film ini tidak hanya thriller biasa, tetapi juga menakutkan dengan penggambaran yang sentimentil dari Polanski.
March 19, 2017
Frightening, disturbing, painful to watch. The film is made in such an unexplainable way that its hard to find another companion in its genre. Polanski's masterpeice in horror category.
March 13, 2017
The definition of Thriller.
March 9, 2017
Well made, good story, well acted by a great cast. Wicker man and Exorcist and many other themes. Great stuff.
January 24, 2017
Very good horror movie in terms of casting and production. The story could have been tighter.
December 17, 2016
Beautifully moved and slow paced, Rosemary's Baby will make you question about ever having children. Seriously. Mia Farrow is so beautifully haunting and questioning that you might just think that you are going mad right along with her. The characters are excellent and the grand finale of the movie will have you in frightful tears.
November 24, 2016
A classic thriller was the first mainstream Polanski film and a must-watch film. Part of The Criterion Collection and on Blu-ray in the US.
November 17, 2016
I have only one word for this film and that is DISGUSTING!
November 5, 2016
'Rosemary's Baby' is surprisingly intense, and checks all the boxes of how a proper horror movie should be.
½ November 1, 2016
Rosemary's Baby is a work of sheer brilliance that left me in complete awe. The music, the direction, the cast, and the atmosphere is everything that some modern horror should take notes on.

Roman Polanski is a master of his craft and he perfectly builds up the tension in every scene that makes the mystery even more engaging, as you the audience get interested in what's going on like Mia Farrow character. Speaking of Mia Farrow, shes pretty damn amazing in this and one of her best performance I've seen from her. The same goes to the rest of the cast, especially John Cassavetes and Ruth Gordon.

The movie is a slow burn, but the pay off is satisfying and I always like that in movies when everything adds up to the end. You Know what, I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't watch this sooner, but thankfully I did, even at this time.

Happy Halloween everyone.
½ October 31, 2016
What a load of shite. How is this rated so high