Rosemary's Baby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rosemary's Baby Reviews

January 24, 2017
Very good horror movie in terms of casting and production. The story could have been tighter.
December 17, 2016
Beautifully moved and slow paced, Rosemary's Baby will make you question about ever having children. Seriously. Mia Farrow is so beautifully haunting and questioning that you might just think that you are going mad right along with her. The characters are excellent and the grand finale of the movie will have you in frightful tears.
November 24, 2016
A classic thriller was the first mainstream Polanski film and a must-watch film. Part of The Criterion Collection and on Blu-ray in the US.
November 17, 2016
I have only one word for this film and that is DISGUSTING!
November 5, 2016
'Rosemary's Baby' is surprisingly intense, and checks all the boxes of how a proper horror movie should be.
½ November 1, 2016
Rosemary's Baby is a work of sheer brilliance that left me in complete awe. The music, the direction, the cast, and the atmosphere is everything that some modern horror should take notes on.

Roman Polanski is a master of his craft and he perfectly builds up the tension in every scene that makes the mystery even more engaging, as you the audience get interested in what's going on like Mia Farrow character. Speaking of Mia Farrow, shes pretty damn amazing in this and one of her best performance I've seen from her. The same goes to the rest of the cast, especially John Cassavetes and Ruth Gordon.

The movie is a slow burn, but the pay off is satisfying and I always like that in movies when everything adds up to the end. You Know what, I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't watch this sooner, but thankfully I did, even at this time.

Happy Halloween everyone.
½ October 31, 2016
What a load of shite. How is this rated so high
½ October 30, 2016
This psychological horror keeps you trapped until you fully accept that you can't escape the evil. Rosemary's Baby is effectively suffocating and shows satanism is disturbingly normal.
½ October 29, 2016
Often on "best horror ever" lists, & it's easy to see why: It's terrifying. The quirky likability of the neighbors perfectly counters their relatable pushiness & underlying evil. I can only imagine watching this as a pregnant lady, as it tangibly captures the physical stress & mental paranoia put on their body. However, the wonderful dialogue, quirky characters, uncommonly sharp editing and unsettlingly great performances make it a plain great film. (PS What's the deal with Farrow and morally corrupt auteurs?)
October 20, 2016
The price one pays for a glamorous NY apartment
October 20, 2016
Rosemary (Mia Farrow) and Guy (John Cassavates) are a young married couple who conceive a child shortly after they move into a New York apartment building with a sinister reputation. Rosemary is initially bewildered by the eccentricities of the elderly neighbors who dote upon her as she carries her baby, but these peculiarities ultimately convince her that something evil is behind their motives. Rosemary's Baby is a triumph in psychological horror and a goodly amount of credit is due to writer/director Roman Polanski's unassailable sense of pace and narrative tension. However, the most valuable component of this film is definitely Mia Farrow's chilling, affecting, and human performance.
October 20, 2016
I have never seen why this movie is such a big deal. If it's on in the evening I will fall asleep watching it. It simply not engaging for me but really very dull and boring. A fundamental problem is Rosemary is unsympathetic, uninteresting, and so it never dawns on me to care on way or another what happens to her. The villainous people around are aren't even much to write home about. The Babadook is a better film, and I find it nearly unwatchable for anything other than the sets and lighting.
½ October 14, 2016
I think I would have enjoyed Rosemary's Baby more had it not spawned a million similar concepts, but I can see that it is the OG and it's amazing how it added to the horror genre. Plus it's hilarious. ++
½ October 12, 2016
A well crafted story of paranoia, but fails to deliver anything thrilling, and falls short of the bar set by Hitchcock.
October 8, 2016
Seriously a terrible movie. Slow-moving plot and terrible acting make this film a "must-avoid". But a single thing about it was scary, thrilling, suspenseful or otherwise. The only likeable character was Hutch, and the only enjoyable scene was the solving of the anagram. 1/10. Would neither recommend nor watch again.
September 7, 2016
Back in the day when creativity was honoured and Roman Polanski had such a creative mind to come up with a devilish screenplay which was incredibly written and brilliantly filmed, this is quite possibly one of the best horror films ever made. The story itself is amazing and Roman Polanski's skills are a wonderful attribute to the strange, chilling story.
September 7, 2016
Haunting. This film, even as an old classic, can still give goosebumps to a new watcher.
½ September 3, 2016
its more creepy than scary horror, suspense and suspicion rife and a litttle over the top with it.
½ August 23, 2016
Not as good as everybody says but pretty good.
August 10, 2016
A haunting, brilliantly acted horror/drama.