Run the Tide Reviews

• May 20, 2019

amazing movie ... great story... feel like watching it again . good for all youngsters

• Mar 28, 2019

A simple story with great depth.

A simple story with great depth.

• Jul 29, 2018

Extraordinary novelty: a film about a dysfunctional family. The 4 protagonists act to act. Unwatchable. (Mauro Lanari)

• Jul 04, 2017

Don't rely on the critics for this one. It's not a bad movie at all. Sometimes the acting was bland, but the overall feel and story was pretty good.

• Jun 15, 2017

You know there's a problem when the child actor is better than your lead.

You know there's a problem when the child actor is better than your lead.

• May 04, 2017

It's Taylor Lautner's performance you wanna stick around for. Best he's ever been.

• Jan 19, 2017

My wife and I saw the movie and really liked it. It was very touching and deep in personal emotions and conflicts. I personally felt a bit familiarity. My younger brother and I were in situations when we were more or less abandoned at our middle/high school years by our mother, and we two had to defend for ourselves. Eventually, my brother and I ended up taking our separate path to adulthood at the end of my high school years. So, watching the movie brought back my own memories. And, pleasantly surprising was the fact that the movie seemed to have captured the similar struggles, emotions of bitterness and sadness, and choices that I had to face back then. So, my hats off to the writer, director, and the actors for having those come through in the movie. That is , the story seems very real (that is possible) because we do in our lives make choices that end up saying goodbye to someone you love/care. That events are heartbreaking, and the movie captured that very well. There were some places in the movie that lost me a bit. For example, why was the scene where the older brother talked about "running the tide" (which also happens to be the title of the movie) and "protecting the plate" were so important in the context of the whole story. I also thought the characters had a lots of emotions but did not feel that their emotions of sadness and angers were a bit hard to understand (or should I say, it did not feel "deep" enough). Overall, very nice movie. I would recommend others to watch if they would appreciate drama that focuses on relational conflicts.

• Jan 08, 2017

Excellent, heartfelt film. The theme of 2 brothers struggling with their respective upbringings is thoughtful and touching. The film is visually hypnotizing. And the scene where Taylor Lautner runs into the ocean in his skivvies doesn't hurt things either ;)

• Dec 27, 2016

really awesome storyline

really awesome storyline

• Dec 22, 2016

I liked the movie. Fun to see Rajiv Shah the screenplay writer in the movie. I liked the "father/son" relationship between Ray and Oliver. Almost too bad that the mother got back into the "family". Sad to see how it ended with Oliver leaving with the mother. Makes you wonder if Ray and his mother will reconcile in the future and Oliver will get the family he wants.