Safe Reviews

• Jul 08, 2019

stupidest f-ing movie ever

stupidest f-ing movie ever

• Mar 08, 2019

Already, I really like the cinematography. Itâ(TM)s interesting and different. Thatâ(TM)s a really beautiful area where these folks are living in. Thatâ(TM)s pretty amazing how they weâ(TM)re able to get the shot of the sun setting between the two trees with the house. I like Julianne Moore and here, she really shows her charm and sweeter side. Holy shit. Theyâ(TM)re playing a song by Brian Eno. Amazing. It really puts in perspective how it might seem like she is fading away. Itâ(TM)s so interesting because although sheâ(TM)s surrounded by friends and family, she seems like sheâ(TM)s really all alone by herself and distant. This movie just goes to show how useless Western medicine practices can be. The use of different sounds like the hum of a refrigerator or the buzzing of a car radio make for a really impactful message on the unnaturalness of all these things the weâ(TM)ve surrounded our lives with. Itâ(TM)s very uneasy and distracting to listen to these sounds in the movie and itâ(TM)s brilliant that they do it on purpose. The use of sound in this movie is done so well. Isolated sounds and effects make the movie much more tense and atmospheric. This movie is definitely a social commentary on how weâ(TM)ve changed the environment and the air that we live in nowadays with all the chemicals in the air and pollution. This new Wren wood place almost seems like it might be a cult or something but letâ(TM)s see how it turns out. I knew something was off when she took a deep short breath right after the old man died. It seems like Carolâ(TM)s problem was really deep rooted almost like an auto immune disease or something caused by her not loving herself or coming to terms about how she feels about herself. Everything always starts with loving yourself and if you canâ(TM)t do that you canâ(TM)t really do anything. Especially if itâ(TM)s to the point where itâ(TM)s crippling. Itâ(TM)s a very creepy take on a subject matter that doesnâ(TM)t really get touched on too much and it was done in such a subtle and brilliant way that was very interesting to watch. The whole creepiness and eeriness and feel of the movie could even be how Carol perceived the world in her head. Itâ(TM)s true that we know nothing of the brain and how powerful it can be. If you make yourself believe something or think in a certain way, it will affect you and you will believe it. Thereâ(TM)s still so much more that I would have liked to have known like that one weird character Lester who walked around like a creature from another planet always off in the distance away from everyone and everything. Hopefully Carol does come to terms with who she is and loves herself or else sheâ(TM)d be ending up like Lester. I love movies that make you think more about everything, and this one is no exception. This movie was completely interesting and enthralling to watch. A horror movie that isnâ(TM)t really a horror movie. Amazing movie.

• Oct 29, 2018

Safe does not succeed at everything it attempts. There are some issues like the film is overlong and there are times when more aggressive editing might have improved the pace. However, despite certain dramatic shortcomings, Safe is an insightful and darkly comical social commentary. There's a lot of fodder for thought, both about the human capacity for foolishness in creating a world where this sort of disease can occur, and about society's views of those who fall victim to it. Safe takes risks, and that daring alone makes it worthwhile viewing. Kudos go to Julianne Moore who has shown time and again what an exceptional performer she is. Safe is an excellent allegorical movie, forgotten today.(Great satire on many subjects).

• Oct 01, 2018

Safe is very subtle in everything it does, which doesn't hinder it from being effective. The acting and satire is very understated, while the camera work isn't flashy, but still filled with meaning.

• Oct 01, 2018

The story is very original and takes unexpected turns eventually. Also the camera positioning of this movie was pretty interesting.

• May 19, 2018

This movie pretends to be a comedy, but it takes itself so seriously that not even Julianne Moore's performance can save it. If it had been made in 1970, this film would have been cutting edge; as it is, it's just annoying.

• Apr 21, 2018

The tone, look, and feel of this film are ones I've rarely seen before. Though the David Lynch influence is EVIDENT, it evokes feelings more alarming and TROUBLINGLY bizarre because of the realism. The film has the ability to enrapture the viewer with anxiety as, at times, you feel with the main character is feeling and are taken in by her experience. This is a film of rare highly effective poignancy of the sensations it evokes and the themes it deals with.

• Apr 06, 2018

Sunday March 17, 2019

Sunday March 17, 2019

• Sep 19, 2017

A woman's futile quest to find a panacea to her erratic bodily revulsions in an increasingly toxic modern civilization is Todd Haynes' intentional allegory about the AIDS epidemic in 1987 but in recent times, it could be interpreted as a prolegomenon to the 20th-century disease and phony New Age therapies.

• Feb 11, 2017

I have no clue what this movie suggests, and because of that reason, I love it.

I have no clue what this movie suggests, and because of that reason, I love it.