Seoul Station Reviews

• Feb 18, 2019

Basically the initial Animation blueprint that Sang-Ho would work from to produce the excellent 'Train to Busan'. This has it's moments (particularly when it goes down the more serious social critique route) but it's no patch on the later live action effort. This feels more like a good episode of 'The Walking Dead' but hey, those are few and far between so I still enjoyed this.

• Jan 18, 2019

the worst movie i've seen outside of the last airbender

the worst movie i've seen outside of the last airbender

• Jan 05, 2019

I really liked this film. It was interesting to see an animation come out of Korea, aposed to Europe, America or Japan. It was also a display of various social issues in Korea, like the homeless. The main characters are flawed and imperfect, which makes them intriguing. However, it is not a prequel to Train to Busan as it was marketed but I still like this film as much as Train to Busan. I LOVE THIS FILM AND FULLY RECOMMEND IT!

• Oct 28, 2018

A solid zombie flick with a good twist at the end. Not as good as the live action Train to Busan that preceeded it though

• Oct 09, 2018

Honestly, this movie was completely lackluster. At some point, after finding out my protagonist was a completely co-dependent dickhead, I felt my enthusiasm for this movie waning. The animation style is actually quite catching during the well-lit scenes. (my favorite being the lighting from the vending machines) But more often than not the scene was just 1-3 characters speaking to one another about what its like to be in a zombie apocalypse. Also, the twist at the end just made all of the characters even worse. It definitely had some interesting moments like when they are trying to get under the subway gate but overall this movie was a complete chore to watch. Negatives - poor animation, weak plot, weak dialogue Positives - it's only 92mins, sometimes the lighting is rad i guess?

• Aug 29, 2018

Haha how is this 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Worst zombie movie ever. Just terrible, whiny characters who are next to useless. They cry and scream loudly when they should be silent and I just found myself screaming, "you're a f**king moron!" several times throughout this movie. Nothing like Train to Busan.

• Jun 28, 2018

First animated movie of this kind for me, and I was honestly really impressed. The animation was unique and though the story felt like it needed more meat and was in need of some character development, it was still an enjoyable movie that zombie fans can appreciate.

• Oct 20, 2017

No está a la altura de Train to Busan, su continuación de imagen real, pero está mejor que muchas otras películas de zombies

• Oct 16, 2017

Started off good. Then it started tripping over itself with horror cliches like the main heroine being useless and unable to close doors behind herself. I felt conned by the 100% tomatometer.

• Oct 01, 2017

The animation is a little tacky and often looks cheap and flat with that distinct and unsightly CGI, 3d-ish feel, but the backgrounds are nicely done and play a big role in crafting the eerie atmosphere. The story itself is a classic zombie tale that doesn't break any new ground, but is still tense and suspenseful enough to hold your attention, despite dragging a bit here and there. The characters are quite unremarkable people (and quite annoying most of the time, if we're being honest) who don't have the highest of standings in society, a specific choice made in order to be able to deliver some sort of social commentary which is where the film really makes a mark, giving you something to sink your teeth into. It's bleak, gruesome and offers an interesting viewpoint, but it's the great ending that elevates this to above average, packing a punch and sending this film off on a high note.