Shaolin Soccer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shaolin Soccer Reviews

½ September 3, 2018
Galactic football. But with kung fu masters.
July 17, 2018
Very broad, spirited comedy not to my taste.
June 12, 2018
A martial arts-comedy film. Great movie.
½ March 13, 2018
D-. Another one of BJ's stupid childhood comedy movies. Wish I never watched it. Boring to me, crude humor I found really inappropriate at times, but made me chuckle a couple times (when I was paying attention).
½ January 26, 2018
Possibly the greatest movie ever made
½ December 10, 2017
Not bad, but nowhere near as good as Kung Fu Hustle. Not all that funny, but mildly entertaining in parts.
November 28, 2017
6 6 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 = 67
September 1, 2017
One of the best comedies that I've ever seen!!
½ July 10, 2017
A bit overrated tbh.
May 21, 2017
It is a wonderful movie, it not only about combine kungFu and soccer, but also talk about dream. If you are a Chinese, and you can speak Cantonese, you will feel a lot of funny in the process of watching this movie.
January 22, 2017
Saw this without English subtitles.
January 19, 2017
Love this movie, one of my favorite "guilty pleasure movies" though I use the term loosely, because I never feel guilty watching it
½ December 23, 2016
A hilarious goofy comedy that makes me laugh to tears from beginning to end, and it is so amazing the way it embraces kung fu action, Western movies tropes, cartoonish visual effects and a lot of delicious nonsense to create a unique martial arts movie.
½ December 16, 2016
I would rathe take a shot off cancer and aids than watch this movie just pull my eyes out.
November 29, 2016
SO EPIC FUNNY MOVIE. HAHAHA
½ September 30, 2016
Hilarious. Laugh out loud funny throughout. Only thing I can't stand is that it's one of those movies in that weird period where they thought CGI was good, but it looked AWFUL. Some of the music throughout seemed like a cringe-y level of synthesized. If you liked Kung Fu Hustle, easy to love this one too
August 26, 2016
Shaolin Soccer is undeniably stupid, but the stupidity is so enjoyable and lovable, it makes the whole experience into one unforgettable kick.
August 3, 2016
Shaolin Soccer is a zany, hilarious, and unique kung fu sports movie. It reminded me a lot of Dodgeball (2004) with its large cast of misfits and underdogs competing in a tournament. This sets up new standards for over-the-top action/comedy with its craziness in the soccer matches. This movie is lot of fun, and I really liked the subtle homages to Michael Jackson, Bruce Lee, and vampires.
June 7, 2016
This movie is so good till even the EA's FIFA 2002 soccer game have fireball special effect that reference from this movie. As a fanboy of Stephen Chow, I think this is the most entertaining movie of Stephen Chow since The God of Cookery.
May 31, 2016
Fun movie with off-the-walls humor. The laughs compensate for the thoroughly predictable narrative arc.