The She-Creature Reviews

• Jun 09, 2015

There are different types of movies featured on MST3K : shity movies, extreme shit and then there's The She Creature. Campy, bad and low-budget, this is only watchable on MST3K and still. Although, the special effects are surprisingly good for a low budget film. But still, not recommended.

• Nov 28, 2013

Another hilariously bad movie in my film diet, The She-Creature is about a hypnotist who hypnotizes his assistant and brings her back as someone from a previous life. The trouble is that he's also bringing her back as a terrifying monster from the sea. The movie isn't altogether terrible, I suppose, but what it is is horribly boring most of the time. It has lots of unintentionally funny moments when the sea creature gets involved with the plot, but it's pretty boring and static. The crew from Mystery Science Theater 3000 riffed on this one and it made for a hilarious episode, which I'd recommend. The movie by itself is definitely lackluster.

• May 26, 2012

Again watched the mst3k version but the movie wasn't that bad

Again watched the mst3k version but the movie wasn't that bad

• Nov 16, 2011

A woman is put under hypnosis so her soul can leave her body and come back as a bloodthristy sea creature. It's a silly sort of film but it managed to keep my attention.

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 05, 2010

How anyone could be a sea monster in a past life is beyond my understanding, but other than that the movie is pretty interesting. Not great, but interesting.

• Sep 03, 2010

Chester Morris hypothesis Marla English & manifests to a primitive state & the She-Creature comes out of the ocean to kill. The police think Morris is responsible even though they are unable to prove it. This almost hypnotised me into a comatose state it was so fucking slow & the She-Creature wasn't in it nearly enough. Full of cheap fx & bad acting just about the entire cast including most of the monster comes back for the equally bad Voodoo Woman. Grade Z that was no better no matter how much I drank

• Aug 02, 2010

Odd monster flick about hypnosis, previous lives and out-of-body experiences. What you will probably remember the most from this is stiff characters and poor lighting.

• Mar 07, 2010

I have called her from the unknown debts of time A mysterious hypnotist seems to be knowledgeable of some recent strange activities taking place around the city. A serial killer has been slaying people and leaving limited evidence. Is the hypnotist responsible for the murders, some how involved, or just at the wrong place at the wrong time? "It is so tiresome to continue to remind you to mind your own business." Edward Cahn, director of Beauty and the Beast (1962), Noose for a Gunman, Dragstrip Girl, Voodoo Woman, Girls in Prison, and Silent Fear, delivers The She-Creature. The storyline for this picture is on par with other monster movies from this time period. The monster was interesting and the acting was better than average. "As long as I'm alive, I'll possess you." The She-Creature aired during this past Halloween season and we DVR'd it. The content was interesting and the hypnotist was well presented. The story was better than I anticipated and the monster was well delivered. This movie is worth seeing if you're a fan of old school horror movies. "I was communicating with your thoughts before you left your house." Grade: C+

• Oct 09, 2009

Oh gawd! This turkey couldn't be more painfully slow! Paper thin plot makes an excellent boat anchor.

• May 15, 2009

A hypnotist who puts a woman in a trance to bring forth some sort of lobster-creature from the sea to do his bidding and kill his enemies? Must be based on a true story, you can't make that stuff up.