Shine Reviews

• Jun 20, 2019

It is the best film ever made.

It is the best film ever made.

• Mar 08, 2019

Great movie. Soundtrack is just as good.

Great movie. Soundtrack is just as good.

• Dec 17, 2018

Excellent performances by all concerned. I loved the movie then and I love it now!

• Oct 13, 2018

Wonderful perfomances making it very difficult not to be moved by David Helfgott's story.

• Feb 24, 2018

1001 movies to see before you die.

1001 movies to see before you die.

• Jan 26, 2018

Decent bit of entertainment. There are some problems. The dad is irredeemably useless. They didn't do a good job of showing what happened to David. Suddenly he was getting electro-shock treatment and I'm not sure why. But I'm always a sucker for music stuff so I appreciated how that kept shining through. 6.3 out of 10

• Oct 28, 2017

I felt the first half is plagued by cliches, contrived dialogue, and terribly unconvincing performances. Of course Geoffrey Rush saves this film. A better second half almost makes up for a fairly dull first half.

• Aug 27, 2017

Geoffrey Rush is exceptional

Geoffrey Rush is exceptional

• Jul 17, 2017

Feel good movie, great performance by scenery chewing Geoffrey Rush. Not very subtle, but worth seeing if you're fresh out of valium.

• May 26, 2017

Shine is a 1996 Australian biographical drama film directed by Scott Hicks. Classic Australian film. AAN GGND AACTAW 1001