Shut In Reviews

• Jan 17, 2019

Not good, not bad. Just a mediocre thriller with not too much going for it.

Not good, not bad. Just a mediocre thriller with not too much going for it.

• Nov 07, 2018

The trailer to Shut In made the film look claustrophobic and creepy. In reality it was a film laden with cheap jump scares and a plot that started off boring and then turned into something ridiculous. The plot involves a mother sending her step-son away after he is expelled from his school to some proper boarding school that will sort this troublesome young man out. On the journey there is a crash, killing her husband and the boy's father and leaving the boy paralysed and unable to communicate. The mother who is played by Naomi Watts is then left to look after the boy while also managing her career as a child psychologist. Troubled child turns up, runs away and is then presumed dead. Naomi feels guilty and then believes there are spooky goings on in her home which must be the vengeful spirit of troubled child but the actual reason behind the spooky goings on is far more ridiculous. A pretty big disappointment , shame it didn't live up to the trailer.

• Jul 14, 2018

Typical horror/thriller film with a few jumpy bits and a predictable twist. Jacob Tremblay is good, definitely got a big future.

• Jul 07, 2018

This was a glorified Lifetime movie. Once the twist was revealed, the movie became paint-by-numbers.

• Mar 26, 2018

Thriller that works as thriller until.....until I'm not saying the plot. After that it's much too much to be credible but it is still fun for the joke and intriguing how they will end it. I was not feeling sleepy the whole time, which is good this week.

• Mar 02, 2018

Rather slow and predictable thriller that still draws the watcher in long enough until the end.

• Jan 18, 2018

Shut In should have been shut out. The best thing I can say about this movie is Namoi Watts does her best trying to give a decent performance as well as some OK cinematography shots. Beyond that this movie is filled with horrible movie/thriller clichés. Fake dream sequences, surprised animals, dumb twist ending. The dialogue is also pretty bad. The twist ending is also pretty ridiculous in the more you think about it the more ridiculous it becomes.

• Sep 24, 2017

Atrocious film. The story offers no points of intrigue, suspense, originality or terror, resulting in one of the most boring and waste-of-time films in a while, despite featuring a great star in a role that remains stale throughout.

• Sep 20, 2017

I really enjoyed this movie. You see a psychologist is widowed after her step son has an argument with his father which causes a crash. The stepson is left disabled and you gradually see Naomi's character start to hallucinate. but is everything as it seems? as this story went on I was gripped and I didn't see the ending coming. I won't spoil it for you though. Naomi watts is fantastic and plays the part well. great movie Get Outlook for Android

• Sep 16, 2017

Not sure why this got so many negative ratings. It was a little slow in the beginning, but the second half had me on the edge of my seat.