The Sixth Sense - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sixth Sense Reviews

Page 1 of 2046
September 17, 2017
Good film overall, but that twist in the end wins it for me. Wow, can never be matched,
September 15, 2017
One of the best movies I've ever seen in a long time. It's not your average movie as it takes the supernatural, a little bit of a thrill, and touching moments that makes you cry. The movie is a must see, the best part is the ending since you'll never guess it at all.
September 10, 2017
I have seen this film & would rate it a 7 on the 1-10 scale.
½ August 21, 2017
Great film but you figure "it" out pretty quickly.

Not early in the film just after the second or 3rd hint you're like ya got if.
½ August 12, 2017
Shyamaloyne's masterpiece.
July 31, 2017
WOW! This film was the horror that got me into horror. I've seen The Shining, The Exorcist, Psycho, Rosemary's Baby, The Omen and many others, but this is the film that shocked me the most. Even with an 85% rating, I believe this is underrated. The twisting plot of this fantastic film is carried along with some of the best performances I've ever seen on film by Bruce Willis, Haley Joel Osment and Toni Colette especially, but every performance was excellent. Despite making me jump a few times, The Sixth Sense relies on true horror, about parts of the plot that stick with you, and get under your skin. I'm sure this will always stay in my top 3 films I watch, and the outstanding ending is just the cherry on top really. Congratulations to everybody involved in the making of this film. Perfection! The only horror to make me cry too!
July 28, 2017
This movie absolutely blew my mind. It was engrossing, AMAZINGLY written, well-shot, and utterly beautiful & terrifying.
July 27, 2017
Story about a boy who has a really scary secret that he cannot tell because it makes him look crazy. Bruce Willis carries this movie. I've always wondered why the guy hasn't won awards for his acting. Haley Osmond does a good job of acting scared a lot. The movie scared me when I first saw it but not as much now.
July 16, 2017
Knowing the twist before viewing it, I was afraid that I'd find this film a tad boring. Fortunately, Shyamalan crafts an excellent film, one that is as deserving of the praise it gets, and is likely one of the best films I've ever seen. Bruce Willis gives one of his best performances, as does all of the cast, everything just seems to fall perfectly into place, the intense scares and haunting imagery contrasts perfectly with hilarious lines such as "Silence, village idiot" and I could not be happier that I finally saw this film. This is Shyamalans finest work, and I do believe it is a masterpiece.
½ July 12, 2017
A story of being different, told from the perspective of a troubled boy and psychiatrist. Add the element of seeing dead people, and you get one of most up subtile and happy stories of growing up. (And Shyamalan's only good movie).
½ June 24, 2017
One of the best twist endings in a movie ever!
June 21, 2017
The Sixth Sense has a very thrilling storyline with a lot of mystery and suspense. The characters are brilliantly connected with each other and the performances of Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment are simply perfect. The final plot twist was one of the best endings I've ever seen.
½ June 19, 2017
Awesome movie. Great debut for Shyamalan
June 19, 2017
Great thriller flick. The ending twist is awesome and makes sense when you view it again. Great film!
½ June 16, 2017
(To start my lead up to the release of "Split", im watching all of Shyamalan's films.) This film is really good. It kept me guessing the whole film. The classic Shyamalan twist is really good. The soundtrack is also really great. Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osments' performances are well done. They did so good as a doctor and his patient. The film is suspenseful right to the end. This films premise is interesting, a boy who has a strange talent. The cinematography is awesome. It has some cool camera angles. M Night Shyamalan did a great job directing. Definitely check this film out if you want a chilling thriller with an amazing twist ending.

Rating: 9.6/10
June 14, 2017
The Sixth Sense stars Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment (younger version).
So Bruce Willis plays a child specialist. Haley Joel Osment plays a boy who other people consider to be a "freak", because he is secretly getting strange visitations from ghosts. Bruce Willis's character must help him to overcome this problem.

The Sixth Sense was a great start for director M. Night Shyamalan. Not only that, but this film is what introduced me to psychological horror. From the very well directed imagery, to the sense of being followed or chased.

The chemistry between the two actors was an enthralling storyline to watch. Their acting was good also.

It is packed with twists and turns that are unexpected, making the movie almost unpredictable. This is what turned it into a thriller. For me, saying that this is 'good' is a bit of an understatement. I absolutely adored it.

Over all, The Sixth Sense was great when I saw it, but it got even better when I thought about it more, which is absolutely brilliant. 5/5 stars
½ June 8, 2017
The sixth sense is a great movie by M. Night Shyamalan. It's not really all that scary but it can get creepy at times. But this movie doesn't really need to be scary, it's different. It has creepiness to it but once you find out what was actually going on, it kinda effects your emotions. One scene in the movie was really scary to me but then once I found out what it was I suddenly wasn't scared anymore. My emotions changed. I'm pretty sure everyone knows the plot twist in the movie and I even knew it before I watched it but I won't spoil it for anyone who doesn't. If you watch this movie without knowing the plot twist, it will be an even greater movie. I definitely recommend this movie and it's one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. A
June 2, 2017
The best film of of M Night's career by far.
May 21, 2017
The very best of M. Night Shyamalan holds a great ending that makes you question the entire film.
April 24, 2017
True, this first blockbuster from writer/director M. Night Shyamalan's may be the downbeat responsible for the deluge of twist endings that eventually consumed his - now infamous - filmography. However, what "The Sixth Sense" also does outside of its game-changing final reveal is simply tell a compelling story. In fact, the plot threads and characters in play are so frightfully addicting to watch that I knew full well what the twist was going in and I still had an unmitigated blast seeing everyone get to that final, cathartic revelation. This is a rich, jet black study of death and the macabre, the dangers of psychological trauma and isolation, the raw power behind human regret and reconciliation, and how all the aforementioned thematic devices can influence one another in life. It really is a carefully-constructed, laser-focused achievement in cinematic storytelling, with a stunning collection of lead performances (especially from that of young Haley Joel Osment) and, yes, a wallop of an ending. Make no mistake though, this didn't make over a half of a billion dollars because of its final two minutes. Indeed, with "The Sixth Sense," it's all about the journey. For me, the destination, seems like a footnote in comparison to all the beauty at hand throughout this one.
Page 1 of 2046