The Sixth Sense - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sixth Sense Reviews

Page 1 of 2045
January 18, 2017
Made me a little scared, a lot sad. This film was PERFECT, especially (SPOILERS) the amazing twist ending. One of my favourites..
January 15, 2017
It has one of the great twists in Cinema history, but The Sixth Sense is likewise excellent in its ability to mix horror and intrigue seamlessly.
January 14, 2017
One of the best suspense movies I've ever seen, you will never guess how this movie will turn out
January 13, 2017
Somebody on here commented, a predictable ending, but otherwise a good movie. Sorry, but anyone who says that is bulling and being plain and simply very pretentious. The genius and the majesty of the movie is the ending. It's simply awesome and totally unpredictable. It's one of the greatest endings in cinematic history. It simply blew me away. It just stunned me. I was watching the movie and thinking, really good, moving and solid movie, bordering on really excellent and then, boom, that ending, which gave it a violent shove into the territory of classic movies that a very select group of movies dwell on. Absolutely superb.
½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.6/10 - 4.6/5
½ January 9, 2017
A story of being different, told from the perspective of a troubled boy and psychiatrist. Add the element of seeing dead people, and you get one of most up beat and happy stories of growing up. (And Shyamalan's only good movie).
January 8, 2017
Predictable ending but other than that an amazing movie.
January 7, 2017
This is a 5-star thriller/horror for eternity despite what it's director goes on to do. Osment also deserves a tonne of respect for a performance that carries the film beautifully. It's a good'un.
½ January 7, 2017
M night Shyamalan is back after major downhill, to bring it us more film so good this is Horror Thriller, But l look First m Night The Sixth Sense has More ever have Ignore complain story and furious truth actor. but l not done this movie is well been, there are few same some material they can't shown what in their minds head Little boy who Experience Human Body lead take help Psycho Malcolm has find a way help him from Human spirit with him, and l pretty think a look here it a aware face deep lowest provable to interest M night Twists The director want come ideas have look so evict without real ending, and l just beware that is supposed to do. and l love the character has piece has it own twists mindsblowing day valued. looking M night loves telling everyone what is actually Story is life can't hope doesn't take manage truth people is felt happy this is Good movie what so improved to wrong the critic there looking.
December 26, 2016
The Sixth Sense is one of those moments that's only best for the first viewing- but is still pretty interesting and emotional with subsequent viewings. The characters have problems, but they work. Plenty of scary moments that worked just fine. The twist may require some blind thought to work, but it's unforgettable. Not a perfect movie, but a good watch.
½ December 26, 2016
12/26/2016: Almost 20 years later and it's still a pretty good movie. The first time will always be the best as it loses a bit once you know the punchline.
December 21, 2016
To give you an idea of just how good The Sixth Sense is, I will tell you that I watched it knowing the ending plot twist and was still riveted all the way up to it.
November 6, 2016
My favourite film - and my favourite magic trick.
October 27, 2016
The Sixth Sense is infamous for its groundbreaking twist, but endures as a Hollywood horror classic because it boasts a whopper of skin-crawling scares, as well as a heartfelt, powerfully moving story to boot -- and features breathtaking performances from Haley Joel Osment and Bruce Willis, allowing viewers to feel their characters' pain deep within.
October 26, 2016
The problem with a film so synonymous with a shocking twist or an ending reveal is that there isn't much value to re-watching such a film. Sure, there are plenty of good things about The Sixth Sense, but I can't help but think without the famous twist, this movie would have been just your average thriller.

Being a huge film fan, it was always hard admitting that I haven't seen M. Night Shyamalan's "masterpiece", The Sixth Sense. But because I've known the twist for years now, I had a difficult time mustering up the motivation to watch a film knowing its ending. I can't stand knowing endings going into the viewing experience. With that said, there are a lot of things about this film that are good, so I'm mad at myself for taking so long. But also keeping that in mind, I hardly believe this film was best picture quality, nor deserves to be on "all-time great" lists.

Besides the twist, The Sixth Sense is perhaps most notable for being the coming out party for Haley Joel Osment, who plays a child with the ability to see and speak to the newly perished. He, Toni Collette, and Bruce Willis are the best things about this film. The performances alone make it worth the price of admission, with Collette being the clear standout for me. And Willis perhaps hasn't given as good of a performance since.

The problem for me is that knowing the twist going in really tramples any sort of enjoyment I had. The "thrills" weren't all that thrilling and the plot seemed to never truly pick up pace until it was too late. That falls on the shoulders of Shyamalan and his directing. I feel like people were so enthralled with the late-game revelation, that they forgot how plotting the first hour and a half feels. There's a lot here I liked, but it's nowhere near the high praise that people give it.

+Performances carry the film

+Emotional connection is felt towards the end

-Plot drags

-No re-watchability

6.4/10
½ October 7, 2016
Unlike most of Shyamalan's other works, The Sixth Sense is not a means of achieving a plot twist. By now, everyone knows the twist of this movie, but it was simply an artistic touch -- a tragic, but sympathetic one -- on a great psychological horror movie. The ghosts themselves are not really that scary, a discovery that Haley Joel Osment must confront and learn, but their presence and the psychological toll that it takes on everyone, especially Osment (an exceptionally good actor, given his age), stuck with me. The premise for the ghosts is that many spirits of the dead wander around as if they were alive, not always aware of the fact that they are dead, awaiting closure for missed opportunities in life. Osment recognizes this, but would rather not have his ability to interact with spirits than live with the responsibility of confronting them. Most of my chills were induced by Osment's relationship with the ghosts and the world, in his many failed attempts to appear connected solely with the living. Meanwhile, Willis is a child psychologist who feels he must redeem the mistake he made on one particular patient, who shoots Willis and himself in the opening scene, and help Osment in truly overcoming his struggles. What is interesting about Willis' relationship with the world is that both he and Osment are unaware of the fact that Willis is dead (no longer a spoiler), and we are treated to a depiction of the world in the scope of childhood innocence / inexperience. This lends itself to some scenes not too far from the many other dramas that depict a mutually educational relationship between an adult and a child. Willis being dead and Osment seeing ghosts recreates the trope into a psychological horror, and that really showcases M. Night Shyamalan at a creative peak, as both director and screenwriter. What a shame that he peaked so early.
August 23, 2016
With an intriguing plot and twist ending, The Sixth Sense is a masterpiece of storytelling and directorial skill.
½ August 23, 2016
93% - M Night Shyamalan's The Sixth Sense is more of a suspense thriller than a horror film. But anyways, it is a great film due to its strong storytelling and direction. This is not a movie that will scare anyone instantly but slowly creeps and haunts slowly until the big twist at the end. It consists of themes and concepts that horror movies now don't have such as friendship, love, faith etc. The Sixth Sense is a masterpiece.
August 18, 2016
m night shyalaman was doing great twist movie. classic are great well for us to take a hand from worse movie today is keep more serious prove to him.
½ August 14, 2016
One of great film directorial debuts. Everything you want in a great thriller. Suspense, drama, twists. Great writing / directing / acting. Rating: 9 / 10
Page 1 of 2045