The Sixth Sense - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sixth Sense Reviews

Page 1 of 2048
September 12, 2018
This was my third time watching this. It is a great movie in my opinion. After you've watched this movie once or more, watching it again, it is really interesting to see the subtle clues that point to the twist that happens later on.

For example, when the husband sits next to his sleeping wife; she is holding tissues, has been crying and suddenly gets really cold. The wife seems to be angry at the main character throughout the movie, basically "ignoring" him.

I feel like everything is done really well and it all makes sense at the end. This is the type of movie that makes you think, even months and years later. The acting from child actor Haley Joel Osment is top notch; I think he had a natural talent.
August 18, 2018
One of the best horror movie in history. It makes me scared and sad at the same time. A horror movie should be like this, not much slasher but meaningful.
July 29, 2018
Wonderfully suspenseful.
July 13, 2018
What an incredibly directed and written movie. The one-shots and attention to detail as you get the most brilliant twist in history. The best part? It makes sense! Excellent acting by Willis and Osment, Shayamalan nailed this one.
July 13, 2018
A good horror flick with a cool twist.
July 10, 2018
A must see intelligent smart suspense thriller! I love The Sixth Sense! M Night Shyamalan takes you on a chilling tale with Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment!
July 4, 2018
I don't know how it's possible to not bawl your eyes out at the end of this movie.
½ June 23, 2018
Shyamalan's only good movie, with a twist derived from Giuseppe Tornatore's 1994 film "A Pure Formality."
½ June 21, 2018
The Sixth Sense is a 1999 American supernatural horror film written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
Considered one of the best movies of all time.
AAN 1001
½ June 19, 2018
I went back and watched it because Toni Colette is in it. I wonder how many people were able to call the twist before the end of the movie on their first watch. After re-watching it, the twist is so obvious the whole time.... But it's still a good movie.
May 31, 2018
wow this movie is amazing!
½ May 16, 2018
The Sixth sense is a movie written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan and stars Bruce Willis as a child psychologist named Malcom and also stars Haley Joel Osment as Cole, a boy who sees dead people. The ending is one of the best twists I have seen because not only do you not expect it but it gives you a reason to watch it again and the second time you view it the way you view the movie is totally different and I gotta commend Shyamalan for that. I have not seen every single one of Bruce Willis's films but from what i have seen this is his best performence yet and Haley Joel Osment is also really good, not just for his age but in general he is fantastic. This movie also plays with your mind a bit if you don't know the twist and that is just genius writing. Overall this is a great movie that is suspenseful and clever but it isn't without its flaws however. Since Bruce Willis's character Malcolm is a ghost how does he know that Cole was at the hospital? He was not there when Cole passed out and he has no one contact with to know because no one besides Cole can see him and talk to him so that is a head scratcher to me. Despite that I highly recommend you check this movie out
½ April 13, 2018
Decent movie, but the twist is incredibly obvious once you know its coming. Probably why all N. Niight's movies just kept getting more ridiculous afterwards.
½ April 9, 2018
Joel Haley Osment is THE kid actor. At least for me.

Played this as best as a kid his can probably can, I was satisfied. His role was incredibly challenging and had to convey so many things, and I think he crushed it. The situation he's in is unimaginably terrifying and tragic.

The mom was great, loved her in this role. Very genuine and believable. Her emotional climax at the end was solid. Bruce Willis was just ok. Did whatever was needed for the story. Nothing spectacular, to be honest.

The story's concept was actually surprisingly well realized for me. The movie managed to show what's his day to day life is like with his extraordinary condition. I could really put myself in my shoes, and immediately realize that "holy fuck, that is absolutely insane and thank goodness that shit's not possible". It was scary and at the same time endlessly sad.

I liked how the story progressed and built itself up slowly, each section of the movie making sense in light of the previous ones. It had a nice stable pace and trajectory. The thing that kinda craps on it all is the insanely abrupt and out of nowhere ending. It just fucking fades to white and then immediate ending credits. No time for any emotions to sink in. Just kind of hastily tied.

The music was pretty much unnoticeable. The camerawork on the other hand was feeling very much alive and organic. It just felt good.

Enjoyed this well enough, things mostly worked. Good movie. Would've definitely enjoyed it more if it wasn't the world's most spoiled movie.
April 7, 2018
Hated it. The final twist only makes it worse and I didn't think it was possible. The single star is for Haley Joel Osment's acting.
March 29, 2018
It's so good that not even Bruce makes it bad. One of the best twist in movies too.
½ March 28, 2018
A story of being different, told from the perspective of a troubled boy and psychiatrist. Add the element of seeing dead people, and you get one of most subtle and happiest stories of growing up. (And Shyamalan's only good movie).
March 25, 2018
it's just one of the best movies EVER it's poectic and really really good direction by M. Night Shyamalan
March 8, 2018
Speechless but Very Scary Ghosts.
½ March 3, 2018
It teeters at times and is long in places, but the lasting effect is a ghost story worth mentioning and Bruce Willis holds a comfort worth participating.
Page 1 of 2048