The Sixth Sense - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sixth Sense Reviews

Page 1 of 2046
April 24, 2017
True, this first blockbuster from writer/director M. Night Shyamalan's may be the downbeat responsible for the deluge of twist endings that eventually consumed his - now infamous - filmography. However, what "The Sixth Sense" also does outside of its game-changing final reveal is simply tell a compelling story. In fact, the plot threads and characters in play are so frightfully addicting to watch that I knew full well what the twist was going in and I still had an unmitigated blast seeing everyone get to that final, cathartic revelation. This is a rich, jet black study of death and the macabre, the dangers of psychological trauma and isolation, the raw power behind human regret and reconciliation, and how all the aforementioned thematic devices can influence one another in life. It really is a carefully-constructed, laser-focused achievement in cinematic storytelling, with a stunning collection of lead performances (especially from that of young Haley Joel Osment) and, yes, a wallop of an ending. Make no mistake though, this didn't make over a half of a billion dollars because of its final two minutes. Indeed, with "The Sixth Sense," it's all about the journey. For me, the destination, seems like a footnote in comparison to all the beauty at hand throughout this one.
April 3, 2017
Refreshing to see a 2-HR movie for a change without 30 minutes of filler. Haley Joel Osmet was very good. Twist at end surprised me, which earns it points. See too many movies to be surprised very often. This was good, but not Best Picture fodder. It was not better than The Talented Mr. Riley. Guess it was the box office talking. Also not better than Hurricane.
March 28, 2017
The Sixth Sense, is another great M. Nigh Shayamalans film, that will leave you loving this Psychological-Thriller!
March 27, 2017
Thoughtful and effective.
March 20, 2017
Great movie, but for as short as the movie is, they took way too long to get to the point.
½ March 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.5

Creativa y original, una narrativa impecable y una magistral visión de M. Night Sayamalan, quien demuestra su gran talento para con el cine desde sus inicios; un final que muchos encontrarán sorprendente, pero que yo, sin ser petulante, lo deduje desde la mitad de la película.
March 10, 2017
The Sixth Sense is a masterpiece. Bruce Willis gives one of his best career performances and Haley Joel Osment is superb as Cole. Toni Collette is so believable as a single mum who doesn't know what's wrong with her son too. Watching the relationship between Cole and Malcolm develop is interesting and the mystery itself is intriguing. Them M. Night Shyamalan throws (in my opinion) the biggest plot twist of all time at you and literally blows your mind.
½ February 28, 2017
one of the best plot twists in history of cinema
February 23, 2017
One of the greatest thrillers of the century is not only about the twist. Shyamalan's post-spilbergian style is full of emotion, mystique and a sense of wonder that's normally absent in these type of movies. Truly clever writing in addition to magnificent performances by both Willis and young Osment, Shyamalan signiture beutiful cinematography and fantastic score by James Newton Howard makes this film a worth all the praise.
February 22, 2017
Finally watched the whole thing today (I was too scared back when it came out). It is a very good film and while a lot depends on the ending and setting it up, there is more to the film than just twists. Great acting all around, and it is crazy to think that this is the high point in the career of everyone involved in this film.
February 21, 2017
M. Night Shayamalan's best work!
½ February 7, 2017
Dr. Malcolm Crowe (Willis), a child psychologist, is shot by a former patient, Vincent Grey, for not helping him as a child. The following year, Dr. Crowe begins working with another patient, 9-year-old Cole Sear (Osment), whose case is similar to Vincent's.
February 6, 2017
Saw this year's ago when it came out and I remembered that what I loved most about it was that it kept me on the edge of my seat and I didn't figure out the twists, plots and whodunit until the end when it's revealed to everyone. That's what's made this one of my favorite movies of all time! Bruce and Haley are brilliant!!! I just found moments I'd want to hug him one minute and the next I'd be jumping out of my skin lol. It's one of those movies you want to see again because you just know that you have missed something the first time. So pay very close attention to the details! That's all I can say really without giving it all away!
½ February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 25, 2017
If you are only going to see one Shayamalan movie this is the one.
January 25, 2017
One of the riskiest films ever made, in terms of the filmmakers trusting their skills to amaze the audience. I love this film. The greatest ending of all time.
January 24, 2017
really good movie with a very good twist ending! Just awesome!
January 18, 2017
Made me a little scared, a lot sad. This film was PERFECT, especially (SPOILERS) the amazing twist ending. One of my favourites..
January 15, 2017
It has one of the great twists in Cinema history, but The Sixth Sense is likewise excellent in its ability to mix horror and intrigue seamlessly.
January 14, 2017
One of the best suspense movies I've ever seen, you will never guess how this movie will turn out
Page 1 of 2046