Sleepaway Camp Reviews

• Nov 02, 2019

Sleepaway camp did keep defining the importance how a slasher movie has to be, It isn't scary but, after over 30 years it is still a must watch movie.

• Nov 01, 2019

The biggest credit I give this film is managing to stand out from the 100s of slashers coming out in the golden age. The ending is absolutely shocking and is incredibly unexpected. The kills are very creative and the score is very unique. The children were very realistic in their dialogue. However some things don't age well. Just before the infamous curling iron kill we see the killer in the door. We see Ricky in the door as his actor Jonathan Tierston did the kill scenes however we find out Ricky wasn't the killer so that adds confusion to the audience. But the film is very unique and an entertaining watch

• Oct 31, 2019

80's Cheesy Horror and Slasher films really have to deliver on two levels. 1. Cringe. 2. Cheese. The 80s were a different time. A movie had to make you jump, but also, laugh. Sleepaway Camp does a pretty good job of both. The dialog is campy, the kill scenes are brutal enough, and the ending is cringe worthy. I always chuckle at other reviews criticizing the lack of Oscar Worthy acting or deep, riveting plot. These movies are fun, and great for your October lineup. The plot twist surprised me. That's not easy to do.

• Oct 28, 2019

I think this is a very underated horror movie, and I really like it. The ending is the most shocking horror endings of all time. 86%

• Oct 27, 2019

Even by the abysmally low standards set in the summer camp slasher genre, this is the pits The ending that everyone raves about takes two excruciating hours to reach.The acting is terrible. So sad to see Robert Earl Jones, who played Luther in The Sting, sink so low and do this picture. Same for Mike Kellin, who is awful in this. The rest of the acting is amateurish at best.The scripts has holes you could drive a tank through. The special effects budget was about $1.50. A bloody mess!

• Oct 12, 2019

From literally its first incongruous frame to its last, this slasher is inexplicable not only in terms of the convoluted connections between characters and their psychosexual hangups, nor just in the way its amateurish cast who wring this weirdness for all its worth, but also in how charmingly off-kilter and enjoyable the end result turns out to be, making for a cheesy, sleazy oddity that is as far from bad as it is from actually being any good. Cannonical scale: 5/5 — as banana a nanar as they come, this is a much watch for any fan of trash cinema.

• Jul 24, 2019

Loved it. Iconic ending and my favourite horror film ever

Loved it. Iconic ending and my favourite horror film ever

• Jul 09, 2019

This movie was entertaining from start to finish: the kills look great, the twist is unexpected, and the actors played well off of eachother. Favorite horror movie.

• Jul 06, 2019

A camp classic (pun intended). It's soo cheesy, but soo damn fun. Some of these lines and their delivery make for a goldmine of quotable fun. The ending is a stunner, even today.

• Jun 27, 2019