Sleepy Hollow Reviews

• 22h ago

An unique take on the classic tale, that with Tim Burton's trademark gothic and imaginative directorial style, impressive visuals, a dark and creepy atmosphere, a well-crafted narrative and excellent performances, it's an entertaining, thrilling, satisfying and suspenseful viewing experience.

• 1d ago

Tiene fantasía, horror y misterio, los ingredientes para crear una historia entretenida.

• 2d ago

Again the visuals, story, Tim Burton, and Johnny Depp elevate this film as well as the overall great performances.

• 5d ago

É impressionante como um filme de 1999 conseguiu envelhecer bem, ele ensina a muitos filmes atuais a como ser assustador e bonito visualmente

• Aug 03, 2020

Surprisingly hilarious and so wonderfully Tim Burton.

Surprisingly hilarious and so wonderfully Tim Burton.

• Aug 02, 2020

Decent watch, might watch again, and can recommend. While Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci do carry quite a bit of the movie, there is quite a lot else going on here. The horseman does tend to dominate much of this story as the original does. I don't feel there was much to the original fable of the Headless Horseman so pretty much any take you do on it seems fine: though maybe an Easter Bunny version would push some boundaries. This is about as weird, but more because it has to create a weird atmosphere, then add Depp doing weirder stuff than the weird people can handle, despite believing in ghosts which he all but fights with them about. Ichabod Crane being a smart, if cowardly, constable is interesting as he literally has the "hero" role painted on him. This is surprisingly more of a mystery than any other type of movie. The action is usually intense and brief when it happens, and much of the movie is spent looking for rational explanations until ocom's razor wins out. This is a good movie and a decent mystery, but I do feel it's just awkward in too many cases for most people to be on board. I expect Headless Horsemen and mystery fans to enjoy this though.

• Jul 08, 2020

Classic. Love everything about this movie.

Classic. Love everything about this movie.

• Jul 08, 2020

It's okay but it's just too atmospheric for my taste and seems almost too surreal... which is ironic since the older versions look almost too real which make them somewhat ridiculous. I'm sure there is a way to make a version of Sleepy Hollow that I can ‘click' with but it just hasn't come along yet. Also, the ending is wrong. 2 1/2 of 5

• Jul 04, 2020

When visuals are the best thing you have you might be in trouble.

When visuals are the best thing you have you might be in trouble.

• Jul 04, 2020

Sleepy Hollow (1999) Pros: Good Acting Great Directing Striking Cinematography Solid Editing Decent Pacing Strong Set and Costume Designs Manages to be effective in building a dark, creepy atmosphere that adds to the horror Passable Musical Score Cons: Mediocre Storytelling Bland Screenplay Overall Grade: B+ (8/10)