Sleepy Hollow Reviews

• Jul 25, 2019

Pretty good special effects and visuals. The story was good and had a erie feel to it. Tim Burton Loves relying on Johnny Depp to give a good performance.

• Jul 05, 2019

This movie was quite good. The sets, the acting, the frights, the costumes, music, the humor, all well done. It shows us how much Tim Burton is trying to piece it all together just like a 1960's Hammer production. He was on point with it. There is roughly about 25% that it was too corny. Whether intentionally funny or not, you can ignore it. I enjoy this one every Halloween season. It should be on your list of things to watch. But I think that it's all glossed over now and should be at the top. Well worth seeing.

• Jun 10, 2019

I thought this was exceptionally bad. Boring. Tim Burton injecting his usually welcomed weirdness where it wasn't needed. The whole thing was shot on a stage, which sometimes didn't help its cause. I also love the Headless Horseman so I was especially annoyed that this movie didn't click. OK concept, poor execution.

• May 17, 2019

Some of it is really good, Christina Ricci is honestly fantastic. And so is Johhny Depp. Tim Burton delivers all his best kooky, unique twists on filmmaking here, but I think the comedy mixed with the attempted horror is a bit weird. Some of the scenes are great though, and the acting is top notch, although I do think with the actors they had at their disposal they could have developed the plot a bit more. Tad of a wasted opportunity, in my opinion. Also the film could have done with an extra 40 minutes or so run-time to really the flesh out the plot.

• Apr 25, 2019

The movie starts magnificiently with an interesting concept but fails to execute eventually

• Feb 24, 2019

Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow is a visually stunning film so incredibly atmospheric it makes you yearn to live in the recreated town of Sleepy Hollow, even though judging by the threat of a ghost tormenting its population one would consider otherwise. This is a gorgeous film and the cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki- who has since become a highly respected DOP must be given all the dues. The gothic atmosphere seeping through the fantastic production design is something to savor. Based on Washington Irving's tale "The legend of Sleepy Hollow" Johnny Depp stars as the well meaning but cowardice Ichabod Crane who comes to this town to investigate the murders which are all similar in nature- gruesomely beheaded. This is a great film which has been unfairly criticized.

• Feb 23, 2019

It’s beautifully shot and the acting is compelling. It’s an engaging (if gory) mystery that has against it a fascination with the occult and not a very profound story.

• Feb 16, 2019

Wonderfully tongue-in-cheek, atmospheric, and a beauty to look at due to the creative sets, I enjoy Sleepy Hollow's unique take on the classic tale.

• Feb 15, 2019

Critics are stupid, and don't know a good film from a bad one. This is an artform. A masterpiece done by a genius. Burton's best film

• Feb 03, 2019

A good movie that feels like it could have been great if it took a different approach.