Slums of Beverly Hills Reviews

• Feb 11, 2020

I loved it. Hot girls and boob's 😂. David hot singing .

I loved it. Hot girls and boob's 😂. David hot singing .

• Dec 15, 2019

This is one of my fave movies, I seen a lot of mixed reviews. This is based off the directors growing up in her nomadic family. Funny, weird, compassionate movie about outcasts. A family always on the move a coming of age movie based in the 70's in the hills of California watch it, it's worth a watch in my opinion.

• Sep 14, 2019

It was enjoyable to watch.

It was enjoyable to watch.

• May 07, 2018

I can deal with simplicity, I like it actually. What I cannot stand is stupidity, and this is definitely not a smart movie. Then it becomes weird, which is better then stupid, but not enough to save the film. I like boobs like the next guy, but you cannot make a movie around them. Or maybe you can, just not like this one.

• Sep 10, 2017

Good flick. Interesting characters, fun, funny, and fresh indy feel.

Good flick. Interesting characters, fun, funny, and fresh indy feel.

• Apr 14, 2017

Story about a poor family that has a real cast of characters. All of them are funny and their story is very entertaining. Its about how you can still have love and happiness without money. Very good movie. Alan Arkin is amazing.

• Jun 21, 2015

A lot funnier than I remember with a great performance by the whole cast, but specifically Natasha Lyonne and Marisa Tomei.

• Jun 19, 2015

Natasha Lyonne is great but this really didn't do a ton for me. Feels very 90's. If you come from a broken or loser family you might enjoy this more.

• Jun 16, 2015

a hilarious, warm-loving movie about a family that tries to keep it together traces the family living in the slum areas of Beverly Hills, California along with a funny take on puberty it's Natasha Lyonne's starring role, she's always been a supporting player in a lot of projects but here she has a chance to show her acting talents Vivian is growing up and she has to put up with her father played by Alan Arkin trying to still feel young and provide for his children all while moving from place to place her body is changing, she has new feelings, and she has to stand up on her own it also doesn't help her screw-up of an aunt played by Marisa Tomei comes in and barely has a clue what to do with herself the 1976 setting proves to be a clever move on director Tamara Jenkins' part considering drugs and sex surround Vivian at every turn turns out the real fun isn't outside driving the car in a new place but inside with the ones you love and not knowing where you'll end up next captures womanhood with glee and humor

• May 17, 2015

There is def something to this movie. It is very real and embarrassingly honest. It is described as a comedy but not really more like quirky with offbeat dark humor. The characters are really interesting particularly the dad, the neighbor boy, Rita and the main girl. I must say I can relate somewhat to this coming of age story with a crazy chaotic family in a well to do area. However at the end of the movie it doesn't leave u with much and the film gets a little bit too dark/twisted by end (incest, fork stabbing) while acting as though nothing happened. The plot just kinda meanders along but it's the characters that keep u intrigued and the unpredictability of where it's going. You can't help but feel bad for the main character/most of her family and this film isn't really an uplifting kind. Even still it shows the power of family as weird and dysfunctional as they may be.