Son of Godzilla Reviews

• Feb 11, 2019

A pointless, nonsensical entry in which Godzilla is drawn to a remote tropical island, discovers a freshly-hatched infant of his own species and takes it under his wing. Various light amusements ensue: misguided fire-breathing lessons, jump-rope with the adult creature's tail, forgettable tangles with a trio of giant insects. The little guy, an unholy mishmash with a reptilian body and the pudgy cheeks of a human infant, might be the worst-looking kaiju in the entire series (which is really saying something) and big daddy appears to have developed a case of the googly eyes since his last appearance. If everything weren't so incredibly dull, I might have been offended. There's a ground-level story going on, too, something about an isolated team of scientists whose weather experiments tie into the climax, but that doesn't amount to much. Without a city to stomp or a serious threat to punch - those radioactive mantis critters scarcely offer any resistance - there's very little to keep viewers engaged through the dregs of bad comedy and bland storytelling. Even my Godzilla-crazed kids turned to me afterward and admitted that it was lousy.

• Nov 28, 2018

Better than expected but not as good as the last film

Better than expected but not as good as the last film

• Aug 05, 2015

If you want to know my thoughts on this, read my review of Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster. I feel the exact same way about this film as I do about that film

• Jun 21, 2015

eeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

eeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Mar 26, 2015

This is the 8th Godzilla movie. It is better then most of the Godzilla movie made before it. The 16th Godzilla movie The Return of Godzilla is better. Still this a great movie. It is one of the best scenes fiction movie from the 60's. It is very scary. See it.

• Oct 25, 2014

Wtf were they thinking?

Wtf were they thinking?

• Oct 18, 2014

All in all, this isn't even close to one of the worst films of the series despite the premise certainly sounding like it has that potential. And it isn't even close to the worst film to heavily feature the titular "son" of Godzilla. http://cinematicjustice.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/every-godzilla-ever-part-1-the-showa-era-1954-1975/

• Jul 31, 2014

It works but it doesn't. There's parts I like and parts I hate. It's more of a minor Godzilla movie but it had a lot of potential.

• Jul 28, 2014

Another guilty pleasure, but I'd argue that it's legitimately good.

Another guilty pleasure, but I'd argue that it's legitimately good.

• Jul 16, 2014

I don't care what anyone says, I love this movie! It's obviously not meant to be taken seriously, but it's still a lot of cheesy fun. The acting is pretty good, and the monster effects are great! The fights, especially the last one, are awesome. A cheesy Godzilla movie, but a fun one!