Southland Tales Reviews

• Oct 21, 2020

I cannot tell you what I just watched. Maybe this requires a couple of viewings, but no thanks. A fair bit of talent wasted here, but realistically, Jon Lovitz and Christopher Lambert weren't doing anything anyway.

• Aug 05, 2020

While flawed through it's slow start and derivative repetition of the writer/director's previous superior film "Donnie Darko", this dystopian deadpan black comedy satire still has enough odd sci-fi ideas and constantly engaging laughs to keep the pacing moving fast for a 2 1/2 hour movie. 8/10.

• Jun 24, 2020

This movie is like a car crash, you know it's ugly but just can't stop watching. Very bad idea and story. A lot of resources were wasted, visual and acting are quite dissent. The plot is incoherent and pretentious. When I watch it, I found myself constantly rewinding scenes because I loose the plot. I took an extra effort to understand the plot by additional information from internet and it is still shit. Richard Kelly created a plot based on symbolism and recycled ideas from Donnie Darko. The science fiction part is worse of all. It will make any sci fi nerd tear his hair, random words were just thrown in the dialogue. It is sad because for this movie were created good visuals and atmosphere. I would like to see a story in this dystopian future, just not this story.

• May 10, 2020

Tam anlamıyla bir aşure ama hiç tadı yok!

Tam anlamıyla bir aşure ama hiç tadı yok!

• Jan 03, 2020

This is a strange and confusing film, but one that repays multiple watches. It has an odd beauty to it and it's thought-provoking in a fascinating, bizarre way. I think it's very underrated. Sarah Michelle Gellar is wonderfully hilarious in this.

• Dec 04, 2019

This movie I feel I have seen more times than most people would have dared, 1st time intrigued me I watched it and felt at the end that I had saw something bad, like really really bad, it left me on paper there were a lot of things that ticked boxes for me but when watching I felt like I had no idea WTF was going on. I have then re watched it many times and realised that this movie while being disjointed and confusing makes me feel a certain way when I watch it, and I really like the way it makes me feel. If you have seen it and think it sucks, maybe try again, this time do not concentrate on all the things you do not like about it or you think are bad, don't even pay much attention to the story just soak it in, maybe you will experience like I do, maybe.

• Mar 14, 2019

Loved this movie, it's so deep about the future of social media and big data before it really happened.

• Dec 01, 2018

What a mess of a movie. Had great actors and unique graphics with a horrific story.

• Oct 14, 2018

Stargazers might enjoy this almost incomprehensible apocalyptic film written and directed by Richard Kelly.

• Jul 03, 2018

A mess, but an ambitious,weird mess, with lots of interesting ideas.

A mess, but an ambitious,weird mess, with lots of interesting ideas.