Space Jam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Space Jam Reviews

April 15, 2018
It does not matter how many times I watch this move, it never gets old. I grew up on this, and my kids absolutely love it as well! My oldest son just asked me an hilarious question. "WHY IS THERE NO SPACE JAM 2!? What an excellent question! I would definitely pay money to see that happen!!!???? long live #spacejam??????????????
April 12, 2018
Just. Say. No. This film has good effects, and it is smart enough to put it in the world of the Looney Tunes. Also, this film is something of a time capsule, but that's only because of how bad it is. Michael Jordan is not funny, none of the action is very engaging, and even the Looney Tunes feel forced in, mostly because their jokes are lame fart jokes or pop-culture references. Lola is the whole problem with this movie in a nutshell: Trying too hard to try to appeal to kids, but coming off as unfunny in the end. She is emotionless, characterless, and incredibly boring. If you like this film, take off your damn nostalgia glasses. If you still like it, then kudos, you probably also like Adam Sandler and Tyler Perry in their movies ("Jack and Jill" and "Boo!" for example.) If this isn't the case, don't be offended, I can respect you for just liking it. I don't recommend it, however, and say it needs to die 10 times over.
April 11, 2018
Space Jam is a classic, even if it's not as good as you remember it being. It's called Space Jam but it doesn't really take place in space although the villains are aliens. It's a tad bit predictable at times too. The live-action/animation mixing is good in some scenes but it shows its age in other scenes, which is saying a LOT compared to Roger Rabbit which came out 8 years prior but had more convincing live-action/animation mixing with only less than 10% of it looking fake. The animation quality by itself is decent although I've seen better animation in old cartoons. The basketball sequences are actually entertaining. Especially when Michael Jordan and the Loons gain the upper hand. The slapstick comedy is fine. Hey at least, there's more of it than in that Tom & Jerry movie. And the soundtrack. Need I say more? The soundtrack that's better than this movie. While dated and made for the sake of money by using Michael Jordan coming out of retirement crossed over with the Looney Tunes as the main selling point (it's literally based on A COMMERCIAL), you can come on and slam and do your dance with this Space Jam.
April 2, 2018
micheal is best basketball
½ March 25, 2018
Overall, the film is amazingly funny and great for all ages, even if it IS just a glorified trainer advert. I absolutely cant wait for the sequel that has been announced (but hasn't got a release date as of yet) and give the film a rating of 8.5/10.
March 24, 2018
Cute and funny. Even though Space Jam is less than charming, it will never be forgotten in the sports world.
March 16, 2018
This movie will always be superior to every single movie. Nothing has or will be better than this movie. A great and funny way to distract you from this hell hole that the united states is in now. Have fun watching!
February 3, 2018
This is a movie that is just supper fun to watch. It's a movie with Michael Jordan and Bugs Bunny, if you expect this movie to be a super intense movie then go watch something else. This is a movie you watch with your family for a little fun movie night or watch it with your buddiesd so you can get hit with some nostalgic.
January 27, 2018
Awesome movie for kids, As a child, I enjoyed this movie. Still will watch every now and then.
January 13, 2018
just one more shot..

Space Jam

It's slow on a scale of comedy but definitely not on entertainment especially when the cartoon and real world collides which just results into explosion of fun.
January 4, 2018
This is the best kids movie, get out of my good Christian minecraft with that 30% bull crap.
December 23, 2017
Man I am giving every movie today that I watched a 4 out of five, it's the day that movies are great and that's what space jam is, a fun basketball movie and the best basketball movie, I know what your saying, teen wolf is better but your wrong, space jam is with the loony tunes and one of the greatest basketball players of all time micheal jordon. Why are all the cool things from the 80s and 90s ar first names are micheal. I will watch this every time I go to see a live basket ball game.
December 7, 2017
Good comedy. Clever and good jokes. Had me interested.
½ November 19, 2017
love the movie great movie classic Looney Tunes Style
November 4, 2017
Space Jam seems like a slapped together production created to capitalize around the fandom of Michael Jordan in his prime. Throw in Bill Murray for comic relief and Looney Tunes for animated fodder for young children, and you get a poor effort to cash in on Jordan's popularity at the Hollywood box office. For what it's worth, Michael Jordan does a pretty good job of acting to support this marketing vehicle. Larry Bird and the other NBA stars' inability to "act" demonstrates how difficult it may be to come across as sincere on film. Embedded ads from McDonalds, etc and another input of exploitation directed to the young targeted audience of this film.
October 26, 2017
Space Jam tickles the dramatic effect with some appropriate gags and humour but contains enough salt that it doesn't get bitter. If only its narrative were slightly more involving, then again, it knows exactly what it's selling and who's involved and it does it in a really fun and funny way.
October 8, 2017
I really like this movie This movie one of my favorite part of my childhood who enjoy its Incredible as Basketball hero and cartoon characters vs. aliens, Michael Jordan is did pretty good job to helping Looney Tunes characters out to defeat the monstars
September 22, 2017
Come on Guys, Who miss a space Jam in there life's. I did.

One of my favourites from my childhood.
½ September 7, 2017
The definition of the term "guilty pleasure". You got to love that soundtrack too.
August 31, 2017