Space Jam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Space Jam Reviews

May 14, 2017
This film brings me back to my childhood where I watched this film 100+ times. I get why some don't like it. But for me it is an all time guilty pleasure movie. You get Michael Jordan playing basketball with our favorite cartoons. Space Jam also has an amazing soundtrack.
May 1, 2017
Space jam was not my favorite movie because I did not think they where playing basketball by the rules of the game witch I get that it's a cartoon so I'm not a fan of that movie
½ April 24, 2017
This is one of those films that a lot of people praise about. After watching it, I still don't get where all of this fandom is coming from? "Space Jam" clearly suffers from a weak script, obvious green screen in the background, and Michael Jordan's embarrassing acting performance. Okay, yes, Michael is only a basketball player but he only got this role because he was famous. I mean, hello? I rather see more Bugs Bunny and his Looney Toon pals, but sadly they were overshadowed by Jordan's scene hugging popularity and the film's short time frame. The only time I laugh is when I saw one of the episodes of The Looney Tunes show, that's how boring this film was. Another corny, cheap, cash-grabbed by Hollywood.
March 26, 2017
I really liked this movie it is really colorful and fun to watch.
March 23, 2017
Also Awesome!!!!!!!!
March 20, 2017
Not a huge fan of the concept.
½ March 18, 2017
I Believe I can Fly!
March 11, 2017
come on man that movie was the shit back in the days its normal that you dont like it when you watch for the first time at 20+ years old... its like seeing 60 years old people watching teletubbies and saying its horrible if you didnt see when you were 10 years old then you got nothing to say
March 6, 2017
This is the best film I have ever seen. it is masterfully shot and the acting in it is just tremendous.
February 26, 2017
Childhood favourite. Brilliant movie for kids.
February 17, 2017
How can a movie that I once rated 5 stars drop down to a 2-star rating? Let me try to explain. I never grew up with Space Jam. I was only one year old when it came out. However, I have a certain nostalgia about the 90's even though I was only around for half of it and can barely remember it. So when I was about 18, I gave this film a watch and I loved it. The jokes, the soundtrack, and just the overall joyful tone was so 90's. A laugh out loud time. Over the next couple years, I would give it a couple more watches here or there, but after watching it most recently (last time I saw it, I wasn't writing reviews for movies), I realized something, Space Jam is a one-trick pony. I recently reviewed the 90's Batman movies and said that they are best watched in a certain setting. That is if you and some friends want to go down nostalgia road for the night and just binge watch 90's movies, shows, etc. However, with the Batman movies, they can be viewed multiple times and even without the 90's nostalgia night, they are still enjoyable. I believe Space Jam can ONLY be viewed in that setting AND if you were born in the 90's or late 80's and grew up with it. The movie itself has a wacky fun premise and the jokes are great, but the jokes are only great if you have never heard them before. You know a comedy is golden when the jokes never get old and can watch it over and over again. Space Jam doesn't have that. It did put a smile on my face, but I don't think I'll be watching Space Jam for a long time. If you haven't seen it and you're born in the 90's, give it at least one watch. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it, and then leave it at that.
February 10, 2017
How can someone not like this movie? Like.... what's wrong with you?
½ January 29, 2017
Space Jam (1996) - depending on the generation, is a movie that people either like or hate. The majority of people who like this movie are those that grew up in the 1990's when Michael Jordan was still an NBA player. I grew up in the 2000's, and I wasn't born around the time that this movie came out. I didn't know this movie even existed until I was in Middle School. The concept for the movie is so ridiculous and sounds like someone's personal fanfiction, but yet in a strange way, it actually works. I mean seriously, Michael Jordan meets up with the Loony Toons to win a Basketball game against five aliens who have stolen talent from the best Basketball players in the NBA. Obviously, this was made to promote Michael Jordan and the Basketball sport in general but the idea is so weird and strange that just seeing it come to together is Hilarious and admittedly kinda awesome. I give the new voice actors credit for trying to recapture the voices for the Loony tunes, and although it's not perfect I can still tell that they're trying. The Human actors do act kinda uninterested but it gets better when the movie plays on. I was even surprised that they managed to get Bill Murray to play himself in this movie. The Cinematography and Animation is pretty good but the coolest part was seeing the actual game being played. Sure, it doesn't follow the exact rules of Basketball, but it's so funny and very action packed. It's just really funny and amazing seeing Michael Jordan and the Loony tunes playing together to the save Basketball and the world as we know it. The music can range from zany Looney tunes style music to Inserted pop songs. The music does fit the mood of each setting and even the soundtrack isn't really all that bad. I really do like the main theme and how it captures the spirit of being in a Basketball game. I consider this movie to be so bad that it's actually good. It definitely isn't great, but it is so strangely inventive and kinda humorous that it's hard not to be sucked in to all the insanity (B)
January 29, 2017
A fun and entertaining movie that still holds up to this very day.
January 22, 2017
When Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes characters are mixed together in the film, it becomes crazy.
Drawn movie and the right mix of actors just does not work, at least not here, because the plot is too childish, and implausible.
Jordan could even embarrass themselves because of this movie, but manages to do quite a positive role in the performance. Finally, you could say two words from the movie: entity smells.
December 28, 2016
One of the more lovable 90's misfires.
December 27, 2016
Probably 3 stars for nostalgia factor alone. I feel like everyone thats the ages of 25 or older has seen this movie multiple times. I recently revisited it after the recently re-release of the sneakers and especially since my niece had never seen it. Space Jam is a super corny movie with a ton of outdated effects, but it still comes off as a solid Looney Tunes episode really. It's simplistic, made for kids and was made to bank on Michael Jordans peak popularity during the year it came out. The evil Mr. Swackhammer (Danny Devito) of Moron Mountain sends his goons the Nerdlucks to Earth to capture the Looney Tunes, so that it will bring popularity back to his dying theme park. The Nerdlucks make it to Earth, but with the wit of Bugs Bunny are tricked into playing a basketball game to decide the Looney Tune's characters fate. The Nerdlucks are small, slow creatures, so a basketball game would seem super one sided. Well....the Nerdlucks use their special powers to steal the basketball powers from 5 NBA Stars which include: Charles Barkley, Shawn Bradley, Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson and Muggsy Bogues. When the all new "Monstars" show up to play the Looney Tunes realize they need a star of their own! In comes Michael Jordan, or actually they kidnap him while he's playing golf one day. Jordan is pursuing his Baseball career, but after meeting the Monstars decides to help the Looney Tunes. And that is probably the most in depth plot description you may ever read on this film haha. I still found a lot of the Looney Tunes moments funny since I grew up watching old re-reuns of the show. Jordan does a decent job at acting, but he's never in any real dramatic parts at all. It's a fun enjoyable movie for kids and adults will enjoy the nostalgic factors regardless of how dated it is. Not to mention one bomb ass soundtrack too!
½ December 22, 2016
hilarious and irreverent recommended for all families
½ December 21, 2016
Ef fgnvnvnnggbgbggbggghgghhgghgnbgnnfnbfnjfjvjfnvnfnvnfnnbnnbbb. N nvvnvgjvfrsgno
Nnkjlfejklgderhlrtlweiljtgrelijberdriljnergtm,n,treks,them.mtrm,df,sddddcdcd cccccc. C cccccc
½ December 20, 2016
Come on and Slan, and Welcome to Jam!! Definitely this movie brings me memories. If you were born in the 90's, you should have seen it; Funny and colorful and Hey is Michael Jordan !! It is not a good actor at all, but I must admit that if it were not for this movie, I wouldn't know who he is. What it makes this film more memorable is the soundtrack: I Believe I Can Fly, Fly like an Eagle, Hit em High, and all others. It is not the best animated film in the world but it certainly has its touch.