Space Jam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Space Jam Reviews

January 13, 2018
just one more shot..

Space Jam

It's slow on a scale of comedy but definitely not on entertainment especially when the cartoon and real world collides which just results into explosion of fun.
January 4, 2018
This is the best kids movie, get out of my good Christian minecraft with that 30% bull crap.
December 23, 2017
Man I am giving every movie today that I watched a 4 out of five, it's the day that movies are great and that's what space jam is, a fun basketball movie and the best basketball movie, I know what your saying, teen wolf is better but your wrong, space jam is with the loony tunes and one of the greatest basketball players of all time micheal jordon. Why are all the cool things from the 80s and 90s ar first names are micheal. I will watch this every time I go to see a live basket ball game.
December 7, 2017
Good comedy. Clever and good jokes. Had me interested.
½ November 19, 2017
love the movie great movie classic Looney Tunes Style
November 4, 2017
Space Jam seems like a slapped together production created to capitalize around the fandom of Michael Jordan in his prime. Throw in Bill Murray for comic relief and Looney Tunes for animated fodder for young children, and you get a poor effort to cash in on Jordan's popularity at the Hollywood box office. For what it's worth, Michael Jordan does a pretty good job of acting to support this marketing vehicle. Larry Bird and the other NBA stars' inability to "act" demonstrates how difficult it may be to come across as sincere on film. Embedded ads from McDonalds, etc and another input of exploitation directed to the young targeted audience of this film.
October 26, 2017
Space Jam tickles the dramatic effect with some appropriate gags and humour but contains enough salt that it doesn't get bitter. If only its narrative were slightly more involving, then again, it knows exactly what it's selling and who's involved and it does it in a really fun and funny way.
October 8, 2017
I really like this movie This movie one of my favorite part of my childhood who enjoy its Incredible as Basketball hero and cartoon characters vs. aliens, Michael Jordan is did pretty good job to helping Looney Tunes characters out to defeat the monstars
September 22, 2017
Come on Guys, Who miss a space Jam in there life's. I did.

One of my favourites from my childhood.
½ September 7, 2017
The definition of the term "guilty pleasure". You got to love that soundtrack too.
August 31, 2017
To be honest I like it
August 22, 2017
I know a lot of millenials are going to get mad at me for this, but I have to admit that Space Jam wasn't that great. As a kid, like several others in the mid-90's, I enjoyed the heck out of it. But watching it now as a 24-year-old college grad, it all seems so dated.

Admittedly, Space Jam is really just a product of its time. Michael Jordan was making his basketball comeback from his "retirement", and his line of sneakers, Air Jordan, was immensely successful throughout the '90's.

WB and Nike teamed up for an epic Super Bowl ad in 1993 and created an ad featuring Bugs Bunny and Jordan, which fared well. So honestly, Space Jam seemed less like a film and more or less a 90-minute Air Jordan ad.

The animation is great, and so is the soundtrack. However, the character development is slack and the jokes run paper thin. And it is filled with product placement, all involving Michael Jordan.

Final Thought: If you want to relive old childhood memories, by all means, go ahead and slam and enjoy the jam. But don't let my harsh criticism persuade you otherwise.
August 11, 2017
I loved seeing this in the theater as a kid and I never had any issues with the film.
August 8, 2017
Not the best looney tunes film but still a classic
½ July 25, 2017
Space Jam easily bores with such childish writing and animation.
July 18, 2017
This ruined Looney Tunes
July 16, 2017
Brought back good memories, some funny moments. Good intro and ending
July 16, 2017
Enjoyable and fun movie!!
½ June 15, 2017
This movie is targeted for kids or any adult that grew up watching the Toones or any person who likes NBA. Basically it is for anyone, and its really harmless fun.
June 8, 2017
Shocked to see these mediocre b.s. reviews. This was iconic and a classic for all of time!