Spring Breakers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spring Breakers Reviews

½ November 26, 2016
A bit different than what it looks to be; it's a satire on the genre.
½ November 26, 2016
I might be the only one who enjoyed this
½ November 24, 2016
It's was a fun time at the cinema back in 2013.
½ November 18, 2016
James Franco did well. Not sure about the rest...but hey...boobs.
½ October 31, 2016
This is a horrible disgusting movie. AWFUL
October 16, 2016
A triumph of cinematography over story-telling. Someone else's idea of a cult movie.
½ October 11, 2016
After seeing it a second time, it is easier to see where Korine wants to get at with this overstylish mockery of American society, even though his hand is too heavy sometimes, but he does have conviction and the cinematography is stunning and filled with toxic sexiness.
September 17, 2016
This is by far Harmony Korine's most cohesive movie as a director.
It is a Terence Malick movie directed by Harmony Korine. It has a ton of scenic shots and moments replayed multiple times and it works really well to help create a very interesting and crazy world these characters are apart of.
James Franco is the driving force behind the movie though absolutely stealing every scene he is in. Too many moments where you are surprised that it's actually James Franco.
Selena Gomez didn't have a huge role, being the first of the girls to leave for home. This was mainly Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Benson's movie.
Rachel Korine is the only girl that does nudity but they all show their wild sides.
½ September 12, 2016
Spring Breakers shines as the biggest surprise of the year (2013), with a great cast and glamorous production design.
September 4, 2016
Better than the Bling Ring but not by much.
½ September 3, 2016
For all of its commercial exterior, this really isn't very different from Korine's previous work. It's not even all that different stylistically, although the Florida setting and Benoît Debie's cinematography gives it a neon sheen his work has never had before. It's pretty hilarious that a fairly audience punishing art film has done more business than all of his previous films put together. I really loved it. Franco seems to be fully committed here in a way he usually isn't, and he manages to steal quite a few scenes from his young, scantily clad co-stars. That's quite a mean feat.
September 1, 2016
Qwerky but very nicely put together well rounded film with deeper meaning that meets the eye
½ August 29, 2016
It's Scarface meets Miami Vice meets True Romance meets U Turn with a fantastic soundtrack. Not the best film in the world, but certainly a piece of art.
½ August 16, 2016
horrible stupid film
August 11, 2016
A really great film about crime and I like the dark tone of the film. It was impressive for a low budget film.
½ July 31, 2016
How anyone can fin this film good is beyond me. Unlikable characters, over or underacting, a lackluster story, editing all over the place, and most of all ridiculous writing and you have a recipe for one of the most despicable films you will ever see in your life. I HATED this film so much. I can say without a doubt that this film is one of the wort films I have ever seen in my entire life.
½ July 28, 2016
biggest pile of shit imaginable.
Devastated I actually purchased this dvd based on the amazing looking trailer of half naked tarts but not even they or the brilliant James Franco could save this dross. so angry I had to write a review. don't bother
July 19, 2016
With Spring Breakers Harmony Korine pulls off something truly incredible, he manages to create an action-packed film filled with violence, popular music, T&A and sexy girls in bikinis really boring. Spring breakers detracts its entertainment with redundant, empty-headed dialogue, hammy Franco performance, thrilless action sequences, and headache-inducing editing. Several scenes cut up and disassemble shots in a montage like fashion (scenes of characters having conversations cut to random moments while the conversation continues). There's nothing compelling here.
½ July 13, 2016
A tawdry, booze-and-sex drenched mashup of "Kids," "Girls Gone Wild," and "Natural Born Killers." It's just bonkers enough to keep things fun and interesting. James Franco is a hoot as a corn-rowed thug named Alien, a character not too far removed from Nick Kroll's C-Czar on "Kroll Show."
DrStrangeblog
July 10, 2016
At a loss to figure out the point of this, is it supposed to be a spring break satire? Or were they really trying for drama in showing the corruption of innocence? And what the hell is with James Franco's performance all over the map like a U2 tour schedule? In the end it doesn't matter what they were trying because nothing works, at all. Messier than an Exxon oil spill.