Stan & Ollie Reviews

• Jul 26, 2020

A sad and dull story that doesn't capture any of the magic you may find in a Laurel and Hardy film. The acting isn't that great. I'm surprised to see this getting mostly positive reviews. (First and only viewing - 7/26/2020)

• Jul 21, 2020

Beautifully done! Remarkable performance by Steve coogan and John C Reilly.

Beautifully done! Remarkable performance by Steve coogan and John C Reilly.

• Jul 19, 2020

This movie is a great wholesome bromance. The actors really nailed their parts, mannerisms, voices, everything. Though Stan does end up looking more like the lovechild of George Bush Jr. & Barack Obama. lol. Recommend watching back-to-back with The Three Stooges (2000).

• Jul 08, 2020

Biographical account of the legendary comedy duo - Laurel & Hardy. It's rare these days to find a good movie that has no internet in it or isn't bogged down with cgi and special effects. Easy to follow, focused and balanced enough to keep the attention of anyone with any amount of interest in the duo. Doesn't drag on for too long and makes you interested in potential movies about other comedic film pioneers such as Abbot & Costello and the Three Stooges. 3 of 5

• Jun 28, 2020

Both lead actors were believable. I do think if the movie had shown us more how they worked together I would have been drawn into the story. Also, more emphasis could have been given to Stan Laurel's major creative roles in their movies, short films. John C. Reilly was excellent, as always, as he disappeared into the part.

• Jun 05, 2020

Loved the movie.These are how real old classic remake movies should be.

Loved the movie.These are how real old classic remake movies should be.

• Jun 03, 2020

Strong performances, heartfelt story, and interesting story that works even for people like myself who have never enjoyed Stan and Ollie's sense of humor.

• May 29, 2020

Didn't Shakey's Pizza run Laurel & Hardy films? I seem to mis-remember something like that. That and Mr. Dick Van Dyke's impression of Mr. Laurel on television. It's hard to imagine John C. Reilly as Oliver Hardy. But he pulls it off. Steve Coogan nails Stan Laurel. It's hard to imagine to incredible performers so down on their luck. I enjoyed the movie. Really enjoyed the movie. Legend has it Sherwood Schwartz based Gilligan and The Skipper on Laurel and Hardy. What an homage to the comedy team!

• May 17, 2020

Tender movie about the pair of show business entertainers.

Tender movie about the pair of show business entertainers.

• Apr 20, 2020