Star Trek: First Contact - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek: First Contact Reviews

May 14, 2017
Saw this with the kids this past summer (of 2016). If I remember correctly, we all liked it.
½ May 5, 2017
Interesting take on the Internet which would have been junior at this time, with the Borgs wirelessly connecting to a neural network in order to rapidly share and learn. Androids making whoopy, Captain Kirk in a tuxedo blasting a tommy gun, and Patrick Stewart in a vest.
March 25, 2017
awesome movie. best ever from all star trek franchise EVEN UP TO DATE. awesome special effects.
½ January 24, 2017
After the likable but the flawed Generations film this is the first Star Trek film featuring none of the original cast and carries the tradition of giving one of the cast members a chance at directing in the form of Jonathan Frakes who plays Riker and this is easily the best film from the New Generation. Featuring a menacing force in the form of the Borg adds a great deal of threat and tension to the whole plot with the first act having a riveting series of action scenes and a fast paced feel. The additional cast to the recurring cast members are solid, it looks great, love the score and the script works with its themes of humanity and knowing when to accept defeat.
January 19, 2017
A good linkage of star trek lore between how we get to the 23rd century Star Trek TOS and meet the brethren Vulcans despite those nasty Borgs
½ January 11, 2017
Resistance is futile - you will love it.
December 29, 2016
If Wrath of Khan didn't exist, this would be the best of the franchise. On its own, its a brilliant intellectual sci-fi film that makes connections to Moby Dick.
½ December 23, 2016
The eighth Star Trek film (and second of The Next Generation) boasts incredible special effects and makeup, as well as an urgent plot and a most sinister, terrifying villain - and the subplot involving Data captured by the Borg is certainly the best thing in it.
December 22, 2016
A cracking entry in the Star Trek franchise, such a shame they never seem to make good movies in a row. The Borg are back, and this time they look to change history and assimilate Earth in the past, only one ship can stop them and it is the Enterprise. Strong performances all around give the Characters depth. This is the last good Star Trek movie till the Reboot.
½ December 22, 2016
This is one of the best Star Trek movies to date. The Borg are always a great villain, and getting to go back in time and see some of the origins of Star Trek is fantastic. The cast is great as always, and the movie is sure to be enjoyable for fans of the Star Trek franchise.
½ November 19, 2016
The only truly great Next Generation movie. The greatest threat this crew ever faced on the show was the Borg. It was the right move to bring them in as the villainous threat. If only the other Next Generation movies could've been this damn good.
½ November 11, 2016
First Contact's time traveling plot might be confusing at first, but the characterizations, writing, and performances eventually create an interesting and entertaining space adventure.
½ November 10, 2016
así se sienta menos aburrida, no me gustan estos personajes no sus historias.
November 6, 2016
Best of the NG films.
½ October 24, 2016
Probably the last great Star Trek movie starring the Next Generation cast. Has everything in it, and is only behind the Voyage Home in terms of favourite Star Trek movies for me. Recommend for sure.
September 10, 2016
One of the best pieces of science fiction ever, even if you've never seen the series. The writer is so good. The ideas presented are thought provoking. There is humor at the end of each scene. You'll enjoy this ride.
½ September 5, 2016
Well made, acted and a great story. Most exciting TNG movie.
August 26, 2016
First Contact boasts a big budget feel and a lot of action, and a intriguing plot. The characters are good, the effects are mostly great, and the ending is memorable. The only problem is that it doesn't stand on its own too well, leaving little to know for those who aren't familiar with the series.
½ August 22, 2016
I just recently rewatched First Contact after seeing Beyond in theaters, and I must say, it's unbelievable how well the movie holds up. This could have been released today, and I would have still liked better than Beyond, and I loved Beyond.

Not only is this the best film starring the next generations cast, it's arguably the second best star trek movie period, behind only of course The Wrath of Khan. Personally, my favorite character has always been Riker, but Picard, Worf, and Data all get a real chance to shine here in a way they just couldn't on the TV show, and the actors nail it.

I must also complement Jonathan Frakes for his unbelievable directing job behind the camera as this movie was wonderfully directed, particularly the opening scene, which, in my opinion, is one of the most memorable moments from any Star Trek movie, and it immediately draws you in and engrosses you into the movie.

If you are a fan of, not just Star Trek, but the sci-fi genre in general, this is a must see as it is an absolute classic!