Star Trek: First Contact - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek: First Contact Reviews

½ January 11, 2017
Resistance is futile - you will love it.
December 29, 2016
If Wrath of Khan didn't exist, this would be the best of the franchise. On its own, its a brilliant intellectual sci-fi film that makes connections to Moby Dick.
½ December 23, 2016
The eighth Star Trek film (and second of The Next Generation) boasts incredible special effects and makeup, as well as an urgent plot and a most sinister, terrifying villain - and the subplot involving Data captured by the Borg is certainly the best thing in it.
December 22, 2016
A cracking entry in the Star Trek franchise, such a shame they never seem to make good movies in a row. The Borg are back, and this time they look to change history and assimilate Earth in the past, only one ship can stop them and it is the Enterprise. Strong performances all around give the Characters depth. This is the last good Star Trek movie till the Reboot.
½ December 22, 2016
This is one of the best Star Trek movies to date. The Borg are always a great villain, and getting to go back in time and see some of the origins of Star Trek is fantastic. The cast is great as always, and the movie is sure to be enjoyable for fans of the Star Trek franchise.
½ November 19, 2016
The only truly great Next Generation movie. The greatest threat this crew ever faced on the show was the Borg. It was the right move to bring them in as the villainous threat. If only the other Next Generation movies could've been this damn good.
½ November 11, 2016
First Contact's time traveling plot might be confusing at first, but the characterizations, writing, and performances eventually create an interesting and entertaining space adventure.
½ November 10, 2016
así se sienta menos aburrida, no me gustan estos personajes no sus historias.
November 6, 2016
Best of the NG films.
½ October 24, 2016
Probably the last great Star Trek movie starring the Next Generation cast. Has everything in it, and is only behind the Voyage Home in terms of favourite Star Trek movies for me. Recommend for sure.
October 4, 2016
One of the best TNG films
September 10, 2016
One of the best pieces of science fiction ever, even if you've never seen the series. The writer is so good. The ideas presented are thought provoking. There is humor at the end of each scene. You'll enjoy this ride.
½ September 5, 2016
Well made, acted and a great story. Most exciting TNG movie.
August 26, 2016
First Contact boasts a big budget feel and a lot of action, and a intriguing plot. The characters are good, the effects are mostly great, and the ending is memorable. The only problem is that it doesn't stand on its own too well, leaving little to know for those who aren't familiar with the series.
½ August 22, 2016
I just recently rewatched First Contact after seeing Beyond in theaters, and I must say, it's unbelievable how well the movie holds up. This could have been released today, and I would have still liked better than Beyond, and I loved Beyond.

Not only is this the best film starring the next generations cast, it's arguably the second best star trek movie period, behind only of course The Wrath of Khan. Personally, my favorite character has always been Riker, but Picard, Worf, and Data all get a real chance to shine here in a way they just couldn't on the TV show, and the actors nail it.

I must also complement Jonathan Frakes for his unbelievable directing job behind the camera as this movie was wonderfully directed, particularly the opening scene, which, in my opinion, is one of the most memorable moments from any Star Trek movie, and it immediately draws you in and engrosses you into the movie.

If you are a fan of, not just Star Trek, but the sci-fi genre in general, this is a must see as it is an absolute classic!
August 19, 2016
Rocking good time!! See it!
August 13, 2016
Star Trek Is A Classic That Is VERY HARD To Dislike!
½ August 7, 2016
The story develops very well around the heroes and the villains,
Very good music,
The camera movements are convenient,
The pace and timing was developing in a very appropriate manner not too fast, not too slow,
You pass through a happy and worry feelings and some thrilling while watching the movie,
I liked the idea of free will, also the idea of Appreciating the iconic characters and events of the past,
Nice costumes,
The characters was well convincing,
Final rating 9/10
August 5, 2016
I'll always have a special fondness for the cast of the original Star Trek TV series and movies, but the Next Generation series was undoubtedly a superior product, and its ensemble cast a real pleasure to watch. So it's no surprise that this first solo film outing of the Next Generation crew (Star Trek: Generations was a handover from Kirk's crew to Picard's) was hugely entertaining for me. I just saw this for the first time (I was a parent of young children when it first came out in 1996 and didn't go to the movies often).

In First Contact, Captain Jean-Luc Picard must face off once again with the Borg, arguably the most tenacious and threatening villains ever concocted on Star Trek. The Borg have gone back in time to the dawn of Earth's interstellar space age. They plan to annihilate the inventor of the warp drive and assimilate Earth. Naturally, Picard and crew are at the right place and in the right time to confront the cybernetic Borg. I found this version of the Enterprise (a brand new Enterprise, the TV version having been destroyed in Star Trek: Generations) much darker than the Enterprise-D. Who would want to work in such a dismal setting? But the cast was as good as ever. Data has an emotion chip. Worf joins in from his assignment on Deep Space Nine. Deanna gets drunk. The Borg infiltrate the Enterprise itself. Lots of action, lots of clever solutions to impossible problems, some violations of the Prime Directive, and a reference to Moby-Dick (which also featured in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan). What more could you ask for?