Star Trek - Nemesis - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek - Nemesis Reviews

April 12, 2018
The most underrated Star Trek film of all time. After all the great movies that this series produced I can't help but think people have been spoiled. This movie is far greater than anything they produce in 2018 and is very creative with set and ship designs. As usual Patrick Steward and the crew deliver great acting performances.
½ April 12, 2018
The first time I saw this movie, I hated it. However, I liked it a tad bit more this time around. It is still nowhere near as good as I wanted it to be, but I managed to get some enjoyment out of it anyway. I appreciate Tom Hardy's performance a bit more as well.
½ March 26, 2018
A promising story and terrific visuals are wasted by bad dialogue and awful storytelling.
March 14, 2018
Another weak movie, picard meets a clone of himself who has a plan for revenge, could have worked as another episode in the tv series, Patrick Stewart is completely wasted in this role. the film again suffers from poorly written script, weak story lines, plot holes, and a loss of character integrity.
February 3, 2018
Nemesis isn't as bad as many people seem to think. Tom Hardy is crazy fun, there's some Star Trek philosophizing going on, the action is fast-paced. Still, with its forgettable plotting, it's a mildly disappointing send-off for the Next-Gen crew.
January 11, 2018
good movie but with weakness, but more than ST09
½ January 6, 2018
Much like TMP, I can see where there was an interesting idea in Nemesis, with Picard and Shinzon's 'nature vs. nurture' philosophical battle, but it isn't given enough time to be fully fleshed out, and forces too much action for an aging cast. The Data/B4 storyline was also interesting in concept, but wound up just being a way to toss in an easy cop-out to the movie's supposedly emotional finale.
January 3, 2018
doesn't live up to the legacy
December 29, 2017
This movie was good and people ar overly critical of it. The inner struggle of Picard, the role reversal of Picard and Data. This movie presentedthe most inner character development of the franchise, which people overlook.
December 26, 2017
Worst Star Trek film in my opinion!
½ December 21, 2017
Not the worse of the TNGs movies but another film that just felt like an extension of the TV show.
December 18, 2017
i think it was pretty awesome even that has some issues. i am fine with data's death considering spiner is so discosting and hated every second of him playing data. (pretty sh*tty move considering its the biggest role he has ever done and probably put food on his mouth even to this day) it would be nice to see a reboot with an actor that would love to be data.
½ December 15, 2017
By far the worst Star Trek movie ever.
November 28, 2017
Good movie. Don't understand why it was panned by critics. The relationship between Picard and Shinzou raises some interesting questions about what makes us who we are. Both genetically identical, but their paths, and the decisions they made were so different.
½ November 13, 2017
With consistently great acting and an inconsistent story, Nemesis is good but not great. The main cast give strong performances as usual, Tom Hardy is terrific as Shinzon. The practical and special effects are fantastic by 2002 standards and pretty good by today's standards, and the action is great. Unfortunately, the scenes between the action often borderline on boring, and the cast can't completely save the film from iffy writing and poor pacing.
½ August 31, 2017
Star Trek Nemesis was officially the straw that broke the camel?s back for me. I?ve been trying my best to give these Next Generation movies a shot as I watch through the entire series, but at this point I simply do not care. I was mentally checked out as I tried to suffer through this stupid movie. There were a number of action scenes and I was yawning with boredom. I almost gave up, but wanted to finish just so I could say I?ve seen all these terrible films. I almost can?t work up the willpower to write an actual review of this thing, but I?ll try.

For starters, nothing in this story makes any sense. The plot of Shinzon is the most convoluted and confusing thing I?ve ever seen. I could not track what he was aiming for at all, and it seemed to change from one scene to the next. The behavior of the Enterprise crew was moronic and out of character to an extent that I can no longer see any connection between the characters established on TV and these weird caricatures. I was desperate for one moment where someone does something that feels intelligent, but that?s not to be found in this movie.

You?d think it would be simple because they were trying to take plot elements from Wrath of Khan. That film is brilliant, so stealing from it should lead to something at least halfway decent. But they failed to understand what it is that makes Wrath of Khan a masterpiece, and added in so much pointless action this feels like a Transformers movie. I don?t mind action in Star Trek, but it must be grounded in a decent plot so I care about the outcome of the fight. Also they jam in a bunch of pointless subplots that the whole thing gets bogged down in needless stories that go nowhere.

I mean, first there is Riker and Troi?s marriage, which just seems like something they threw in for fan service. Then Data discovers he has a twin, who has a minimal impact on the plot, almost like it was just a sad attempt to give the audience a double dose of a character they like. Also, Troi gets mind raped, which is uncomfortable and the wrong tone for Star Trek. That only comes back very briefly for a moment in the climax. These are things that are shoehorned into the story even though they have limited connection to the main plot. And the sad truth that I have to acknowledge is that this isn?t even the worst movie in the series, but it is boring and I don?t ever want to watch it again.
July 6, 2017
I find Nemesis to be one of the better Next Generation films. As good as First Contact (which most Trek fans regard as the best Next Generation film). Excellent story, character development and finality to an amazing crew.
½ June 26, 2017
This was a very disappointing send off to the next generation cast. The premise is not bad but did not hold my attention.

2.8/10
April 9, 2017
This was not as bad as everyone said. Underrated, in my opinion. The acting is good. The villain is also pretty well done.
March 25, 2017
4 stars just cause data died. just because the actor its full of sh*t the character should not suffer or die cause he hates it. the only thing that makes him famous LOL