Star Trek - Nemesis - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek - Nemesis Reviews

September 2, 2017
This movie was good and people ar overly critical of it. The inner struggle of Picard, the role reversal of Picard and Data. This movie presentedthe most inner character development of the franchise, which people overlook.
½ August 31, 2017
Star Trek Nemesis was officially the straw that broke the camel?s back for me. I?ve been trying my best to give these Next Generation movies a shot as I watch through the entire series, but at this point I simply do not care. I was mentally checked out as I tried to suffer through this stupid movie. There were a number of action scenes and I was yawning with boredom. I almost gave up, but wanted to finish just so I could say I?ve seen all these terrible films. I almost can?t work up the willpower to write an actual review of this thing, but I?ll try.

For starters, nothing in this story makes any sense. The plot of Shinzon is the most convoluted and confusing thing I?ve ever seen. I could not track what he was aiming for at all, and it seemed to change from one scene to the next. The behavior of the Enterprise crew was moronic and out of character to an extent that I can no longer see any connection between the characters established on TV and these weird caricatures. I was desperate for one moment where someone does something that feels intelligent, but that?s not to be found in this movie.

You?d think it would be simple because they were trying to take plot elements from Wrath of Khan. That film is brilliant, so stealing from it should lead to something at least halfway decent. But they failed to understand what it is that makes Wrath of Khan a masterpiece, and added in so much pointless action this feels like a Transformers movie. I don?t mind action in Star Trek, but it must be grounded in a decent plot so I care about the outcome of the fight. Also they jam in a bunch of pointless subplots that the whole thing gets bogged down in needless stories that go nowhere.

I mean, first there is Riker and Troi?s marriage, which just seems like something they threw in for fan service. Then Data discovers he has a twin, who has a minimal impact on the plot, almost like it was just a sad attempt to give the audience a double dose of a character they like. Also, Troi gets mind raped, which is uncomfortable and the wrong tone for Star Trek. That only comes back very briefly for a moment in the climax. These are things that are shoehorned into the story even though they have limited connection to the main plot. And the sad truth that I have to acknowledge is that this isn?t even the worst movie in the series, but it is boring and I don?t ever want to watch it again.
July 6, 2017
I find Nemesis to be one of the better Next Generation films. As good as First Contact (which most Trek fans regard as the best Next Generation film). Excellent story, character development and finality to an amazing crew.
½ June 26, 2017
This was a very disappointing send off to the next generation cast. The premise is not bad but did not hold my attention.

2.8/10
April 9, 2017
This was not as bad as everyone said. Underrated, in my opinion. The acting is good. The villain is also pretty well done.
March 25, 2017
4 stars just cause data died. just because the actor its full of sh*t the character should not suffer or die cause he hates it. the only thing that makes him famous LOL
½ December 30, 2016
Interesting ideas, but just plain boring.
December 23, 2016
Even though it has an interesting premise, this is an awful conclusion for TNG and seems like a shameless rehash of The Wrath of Khan, only the villain is completely lame, with very stupid motivations, and the conclusion a pathetic cop-out for the entire series.
December 22, 2016
The strength of the TNG series has always been the cast, and this movie is no different. I enjoyed this one.
November 22, 2016
It's beautiful to look at, and the action scenes were interesting, but I think all this movie did was piss off a bunch of trekkies. Screw you Stuart Baird.
½ November 19, 2016
The Next Generation crew bottoms out with this awful film. So bad and inept that they won't get another movie and Paramount would opt to reboot the better, more consistent cinematic successes of the original crew. Part of me wants to see The Next Generation guys get one more movie; their version of The Undiscovered Country. That way they could end their story with dignity. But it's highly unlikely that'll ever happen.
October 21, 2016
Highly entertaining movie that finally gives us a look at the Remans, a species largely overlooked throughout the franchise. The battle at the climax of the movie is particularly enjoyable.
September 19, 2016
Uninteresting and under developed.
½ September 5, 2016
Not as bad as all that. Still quite bad, too long, and with some terrible plot points but in retrospect it has its moments
August 26, 2016
Mostly wasted potential, the franchise seemed to be out of good ideas and well-written emotion. The villain is lackluster, the death is pointless, and the effects are poorer. Nemesis does little to add much to the universe, tho it sure does try to change a few things.
½ August 26, 2016
Attempting to be The Next Generation version of the sixth film, which wrapped up the story of the original Enterprise crew, Nemesis is competent but underwhelming. Starting much like the forementioned film with a long-standing enemy facing a sudden change in situation political intrigue quickly gives way to bombast; trying too hard to be action-packed and cinematic the result is clichéd and often silly. Tom Hardy's villain is a highlight, but he sheds nuance as the runtime progresses; his uniqueness giving way to bog-standard tropes. Likewise the humour is more forced than the natural expression keen wit in the TV series. The result is neither the suspense of The Undiscovered Country, which knew when to keep things understated, nor the thrills of First Contact. The writing is simply not as strong as those two exemplaries of the franchise, but it is at least successful in providing an emotionally resonant ending for The Next Generation Enterprise crew.
August 21, 2016
Highly entertaining film. Perhaps a little darker and less humor, but still a great Trek story and film.
½ August 16, 2016
Can't quite accept the villain's pain scenes. Seem so fake. The rest is so blah.
½ August 4, 2016