Stockholm Reviews

• May 18, 2020

Robert Budreau wrote and directed a fascinating story that could not have been told in a more boring way. Hubby and wife quarantine theatre dealt us the less than desirable 'Stockholm'. Wife enjoyed this a slight more than hubby, but a horribly miscast Ethan Hawke left this movie DOA. Mark Strong is tremendous as a negotiator/friend/person who could be a rival or a champion. We can't get over how a story that had Sweden captivated in real-time. So what is the problem with this? Perhaps the script just needed another pass, but there's just not enough tension for what the situation was and it resolves out of nowhere. It's not entirely faulty, but it's not something we can recommend. Wife: 6.0/Hubby: 4.8/AVERAGE: 5.4/10

• Apr 24, 2020

It started cool and a Stockholm born I loved the sights and enjoyed the names and the characters but I got bored after 45 mins and I didn't like the cast.

• Mar 24, 2020

Psychologically interesting on so many levels and the chemistry between Hawke and Rapace is certainly there.

• Mar 01, 2020

Hawke and Rapace make this movie worth watching. The period setting seems pretty well done and the pacing never dragged. But there were a couple of scenes that seemed to jump off the rails, like the 2 antagonists fighting each other and 2 characters kissing during a hostage event. Really? It threw me right out of suspended disbelief. Also, I never quite believed that "Stockholm Syndrome" had happened. It just seemed like the hostages did whatever they thought would keep them alive. If that's a syndrome then, yeah, you better do that every time. Because being justifiably nasty to your hostage-takers might just get you killed.

• Jan 16, 2020

I loved it. Wonderful acting. Great relationships. Very compelling.

I loved it. Wonderful acting. Great relationships. Very compelling.

• Jan 10, 2020

The movie is a terrible attempt by an American producer to make a ceime movie. The actual event, Norrmalms torgs dramat, was commited by Jan-Eric.Ollson and Clark Olofsson (the latter is the most famous criminal in Swedish history) but both names were changed as well as the number of hostages and days in the bank. Nothing was explained about the psychology or creation of the term "Stockholm syndrome" and nothing was mentioned about some of the hostages actually raising money to help with Olssons and Olofssons trials. Oberall, the whole story has been twisted with an "American expat" as a robber. Absolut waste of time.

• Dec 30, 2019

Movie based on the events of the true Norrmalmstorg robbery. The acting was mediocre, the script subpar and although anyone familiar with the real events knew the outcome, the movie still found ways of making it difficult to follow. Every character in this movie came across as stupid, and overall the movie was neither funny nor dramatic. Not even sure why certain movies, like this, are made.

• Nov 20, 2019

Entertaining but a bit of a letdown. I really expected more...

Entertaining but a bit of a letdown. I really expected more...

• Oct 25, 2019

Based on the absurd 1973 bank robbery in the eponymous capital of Sweden, this comedy is a series of bizarre events prompting nervous laughter and slights the most intriguing psychological alliance of the captors and hostages that spawned the titular baffling psychiatric phenomenon.

• Oct 18, 2019

Loved it! Funny, agile, compelling.

Loved it! Funny, agile, compelling.