Stray Reviews

• Apr 03, 2020

Sorry - I just do not understand all the great reviews. Very slow, very boring, nothing really explained. Could not relate to the characters, nor did I care. Very disappointed. I wanted to like it, kept waiting for anything to grab me. When it ended, I was relieved it was over.

• Mar 22, 2020

You know it's a brilliant film when you are on the edge of your seat ready for the next scene. Suddenly you get goosebumps as the credits start rolling and you don't want the film to end. Bravo 👏🏻❤️

• Nov 03, 2018

Am intelligent movie. Loved the subtlety and scenery. It gives us hope that NZ film making is maturing. They didn't spell out the story. We had to pay attention. Loved the silence although I did think it was a little overplayed. A touch of feeling too important. Great casting and a story of hope.... the pain of isolation and the comfort of connection. Such a basic human need. It was lovely.

• Oct 07, 2018

Only half way in did I learn to let myself be in the scene with the characters and feel how they feel. It could be quiet and slow to start with, and it took me time to got into it - but once I was in, it was an incredibly intimate experience. I cannot quite put my finger on it yet, but it deserves to be seen by wider audience.