Suicide Squad - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Suicide Squad Reviews

February 15, 2019
I thought that this movie was good and many people were harsh in the reviews!!
February 15, 2019
The only thing funnier than Jared Leto's performance as The Joker is the time I went to Kenya to get a 5 cent vasectomy from a blind priest teaching the holy word of the spaghetti monster.

Good movie.
February 15, 2019
Suicide Squad had a cast that acted each character brilliantly, or at least most of them did it. Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jay Hernandez did a fabulous job despite not being exactly what many fans of the comics expected. The actors managed to capture the attention of the audience with their background stories and their development through the film. The script writer not only used a few of dramatic scenes as a resourse to generate sympathy but it also used a sense of humor that is difficult to find in other DC movies. The soundtrack was a delightful surprise. Twenty one pilots, Imagine Dragons and many other singers gave the scenes an epic effect.

However, having a great cast does not mean that it has an amazing plot. The movie trailers, which raised the expectations about the story, showed many scenes that did not appear in the theatrical version. In the other hand, the villains were almost senseless. It is the type of movie that need to develop a story from nothing to present many characters as it can. The movie started well by giving a view of the world post Batman vs Superman, but it changed by introducing a villain with many confusing scenes. Flashbacks are a good resourse to link many ideas and even to introduce plot twist to surprise people, but there were a lot of flashbacks in Suicide Squad and it became confusing.

It is not a bad movie per se, but it could have been better if its director David Ayer had made the things he wanted to do with the plot even if it had resulted in a longer movie.
February 15, 2019
Suicide Squad is by no means a good movie, but it's not completely terrible (at least not as disappointing as the recent Killing Joke adaptation). In spite of how tawdry and garish it is, it did hold my interest and I found the over-stylized, cartoonish action sequences gleefully campy at times. For what it's worth, the movie never bored me and for this reason I tried to see past the vague concept of a plot, terrible dialogue, thinly written characters, and messy direction. In a way the movie made me feel how Harley Quinn must feel as she cycles through her abusive, relationship with the Joker (although his violence and cruelty towards her is discarded in the film, which is another one of its faults). The film intrigued me with the squad's dynamic, then turned me off by its ineptitude, then roped me back in with the curiosity of how these anti-heroes would resolve everything. All this oscillation however only lead for me to recognize The Suicide Squad as a lousy film in the end; just how Harley recognizes the Joker as a heartless psychopath who doesn't care about her or anyone else.Yet, just like how Harley Quinn keeps going back to the Joker, I'm still glad I saw it, wouldn't really mind seeing it again, and looking forward to an improving sequel that will give this franchise the justice it needs (no pun intended).
February 13, 2019
It's all about Margot Robbie's ass, right?
½ February 13, 2019
La peli es puro entretenimiento y diversi├│n. Lastima que hayan eliminado tantas escenas en el montaje final.
½ February 13, 2019
Got boring after the main characters left the prison. Killer croc looked stupid. Most of it is just nonsensical action scenes that weren't entertaining in the slightest. As I said before, I thought that the prison scenes at the beginning were pretty decent.
½ February 13, 2019
The worst comic book movie ever
February 12, 2019
Super puper mega duper movie
February 11, 2019
Really enjoyed. May not have had the most original plot, but the characters were captivating, with their twisted backgrounds and belligerence. The creepy couple, Harley Quinn and Joker, take the cake. I would love to see them have a movie of their own tbh.
½ February 10, 2019
Choppy editing and a completely butchered first act result in a huge amount of wasted potential. The blu-ray is slightly better (the reason for the 5/10 rating instead of 4/10) but without a full "ultimate edition" treatment it's not much better.
½ February 9, 2019
A very difficult comic to attempt on screen. Worked better then any recent DC film
½ February 5, 2019
This movie really refreshed me. And when I say that, I mean it was so boring, that I fell asleep. This so-called "action movie", was just an embarrassment for the DCEU (Detective Comics Extended Universe). This movie had no action and for the comedy scenes in the movie, I didn't think it was funny. Overall this movie is a box office bomb and a waste of potential with the DCEU.
February 4, 2019
I really don't like this movie at all.
It's filled with great visuals but also with horrible editing and a weak plot.
February 3, 2019
Look this movie is bad. The editing is terrible. Very cringe jokes, too many characters given too little time. The joker scene was terrible. Most redeeming part was Captain Boomerang but he was in it so briefly, doesn't make up for the rest of this hot topic cringe. Will Smith was also fine but he played Will Smith and not Deadshot. Do not see this film.
½ February 3, 2019
Editings horrible, story doesn´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)t make sense, all around horrible movie
½ February 3, 2019
One of the most miserable experiences I've ever had watching anything in my life EMBARRASSING ON ALL LEVELS, JARED LETO IS AWFUL IN THIS ROLE I CRINGED SO HARD I TRAVELED THROUGH TIME
February 1, 2019
Loved the joker but the film did not have very good plot. Failed to keep me interested
½ January 28, 2019
Frustrating to watch and doesnÔ(TM)t make sense
½ January 26, 2019
Utterly dissappointing. The movie was essentially a long music video. All of our beloved characters were turned into 1 dimensional characters. The writing and directing was lacking in every sense. Would not recommend