Suicide Squad - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Suicide Squad Reviews

November 20, 2018
Wasted my time. DC universe is far behind from Marvel Comics Universe.
½ November 19, 2018
Talk about garbage! The pacing, the villain, the chatacters, and everything else was terrible. There are moments when it wants to get good but it falls flat almost immediately. Don't waste money on this. Worst movie of all time.
½ November 19, 2018
If I could give negative stars, I would. The female characters--specifically Quinn--are on par with the likes of Catwoman (2004).
½ November 19, 2018
I am honestly really disappointed with this film. With talents like Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis, I thought it was going to be something really special. It ended up being a mix bag because of David Ayer's direction.
November 19, 2018
The worst Joker ever imagined... end of review
½ November 18, 2018
This is an artsy mess of music videos with some cool visuals and effects and a handful of good performances. The narrative is non-existent and the song-choices feel like the scatterbrained playlist of a tween. But it is entertaining and will satisfy those with low expectations.
November 16, 2018
Warner Bros. Fails Again!, Suicide Squad fits perfectly with Constantine and Fantastic Four.
½ November 16, 2018
Another disappointing DCEU movie. BVS is more worth your time then this convoluted, lackadaisical film.
November 13, 2018
Sloppy editing, weak characters and an overstuffed, scattershot storyline that gets too caught up in backstory do not help the film. The actors are good, but the portrayal of the Joker and overall look of the film are hideous.
½ November 12, 2018
It's a great movie!
½ November 12, 2018
0.8 times watchable.
November 11, 2018
Why do the fans like this film? They should be the ones hating on it the most. Like The Last Jedi.
November 10, 2018
Margot Robbie and Jared Leto are hot. But not hot enough to save this mess.
November 7, 2018
WHY DOES THIS GARBAGE MOVIE HAVE A 60% AUDIENCE SCORE??? SUICIDE SQUAD SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE A 27% AUDIENCE SCORE. There are plenty of problems in this film. The plot was confusing and all over the place. The plot didn't even make any sense. The Enchantress was a horrible and forgettable villain. Harley Quinn was annoying. The dialogue is cringe-worthy. The acting is mostly awful. Most of the characters are horrible and forgettable. The only memorable characters in the movie are Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and Batman. Some of the casting was bad. Cara Delevingne was miscast as the Enchantress. Jared Leto was miscast as the Joker. Will Smith was miscast as Deadshot. The Joker and Harley Quinn should've had an abusive relationship like in the comics, but in the movie they didn't. Harley Quinn was supposed to be abused by the Joker, and he is not suppose to love her, but in the movie he loves her anyway. Harley Quinn is supposed to love the Joker, but the Joker isn't supposed to love her back. The film got it wrong. All of the team members of the Suicide Squad hate each other in the comics, but in the movie they like each other and get along pretty well. The film got it all wrong. The Suicide Squad comics were dark, gritty, mature, humorless, gory, very bloody, and very violent, so the movie should have been rated R for blood, gore, strong language, and intense violence instead of being PG-13, family-friendly, humorous, and not so violent. The action sequences were poorly directed, awful, dull, and very lame. Killer Croc was inaccurate to his comic book counterpart. Killer Croc is supposed to be green, huge, and have big, long fangs. In the movie he was brown, not big, and didn't have big, long fangs. Killer Croc should have been CGI, huge, green, and have big long fangs. He wasn't even supposed to talk. He doesn't talk in the comics because he is a savage. The character development was horrible. The humor was bad and unfunny. The movie shouldn't even have humor like in the Suicide Squad comics. The whole movie was extremely and excessively boring. Terrible movie.

Theatrical cut rating: 2.4/10
Extended cut rating: 2.5/10
½ November 6, 2018
Suicide Squad is a missed opportunity. In the comic book version of the Suicide Squad, the team consist of dangerous and maniacal villains who would back stab each other and would happily escape and kill their captors. The film version feels more like a bunch of misunderstood and down of their luck, lovable rogues. It is due in large to its pg-13 rating which limits the films ability to be the true villain team up the audience deserves. It also contains too much comedy (though characters such as Captain Boomerang should be comedic.) Its overall and enjoyable film, however the tone is all wrong and it should have had a 18 rating
November 6, 2018
dont waste your time
½ November 5, 2018
Sloppy, forgettable, and messy, "Suicide Squad" is an overall mess that tries to satisfy comic book fans and Hot Topic shoppers, but ends up satisfying neither.
½ November 4, 2018
"Suicide Squad" mostra mais falhas do que sucessos, mas não foi mau de todo.
October 29, 2018
I thought Suicide Squad was okay. It's not a comic book masterpiece, but at the same time, I've seen WAAAAAAAAAAAY worse movies in 2016. Was the editing a mess? Oh yeah. Was Enchantress a weak villain? Yup. Was the Joker severely underused? HELL YES.

In fact, let's talk about Jared Leto's Joker for a bit, because I actually liked what Jared Leto was going for. But here's the problem, and I think it's probably the reason why a lot of people think it was Jared Leto's fault. The Joker was never given context. He's just put in some random scenes where he's doing something weird and we never see the full context of what he's doing.

For example, for the longest time, I never thought the quote "Why so serious" from The Dark Knight was a clever quote on its own. It's actually kinda silly if you just say "Why so serious" out of nowhere. BUT, when you put that quote in the context of the scene where the Joker is telling his "origin story", "Why so serious" now has weight to it. There's a reason for it to be said. And that's the same with Jared Leto as the Joker, his scenes are never given context, therefore we THINK it's Jared Leto that's the problem.

It's not Jared Leto's fault, it's not the directing, and I don't even think it's the writing for his dialogue. The problem was the fact that the Joker wasn't the villain of the movie. And you know how it would make the movie better?

Well for starters, it would make more sense for the Suicide Squad to even be a thing. How in the world can a chick with a baseball bat, a crocodile man, a guy who shoots really well, a guy who can climb a rope, a chick with a sword, a dude who can spew fire from his hands, and a dude with a boomerang possibly stop the next Superman? It would make a lot more sense for the Suicide Squad to go on missions like stopping the Joker. Mainly because while he's too dangerous for regular cops, the Suicide Squad can actually take him in a fight!

Secondly, it would create more (good) drama! Since Harley Quinn and the Joker are a couple, it would create more of an internal conflict for Harley Quinn. Help out in the mission or help out her Puddin'? This would be so cool to see!

And finally, like I said before, it would give Jared Leto's Joker more context. If he was the villain instead of Enchantress, it would not only be better for the story, but I truly believe people wouldn't be as hard on Jared Leto for his performance.

All in all, I like Suicide Squad. It's a perfectly okay film.

6/10
October 29, 2018
I love it!!!! The music is so good too.