Summer Coda - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Summer Coda Reviews

July 3, 2017
I Am A Sucker For The Beautiful Vistas & Sweeping Views Of Australian Scenary. In That Respect, The Story, Although Boring, Is Filtered Through A Lovely Backdrop. I Am Not Sure How You Could Make It Any More Interesting Than It Already Tries To Be, The Array Of Characters Picking Oranges Could Of Been Explored Maybe? In Any Case It Does Okay For What It Is, A Rainy Sunday Package To While Away A Few Hours.
February 12, 2013
Loved this film. Great acting. Great story.
January 18, 2013
Very slow, and at times felt too much so and was tempted to switch it off. But it was worth sticking with. Just.
Nice story about loss and how two people deal with it and how meeting helps them both move on. Not a huge amount of story, but nicely done. One small gripe was Rachael Taylor's American accent - very grating and false. She is a pretty girl with a nice screen presence, though.
December 28, 2012
What a lovely film. Margaret obviously has no idea what she is talking about.
½ April 27, 2012
Here's a great little film. It tells the story of a girl who travels home to Australia from Nevada and hitchhikes her way to Mildura. Along the way she meets a fruit farmer and he drives her the rest of the way. They develop a friendship and she ends up staying on his farm and picking oranges with a ragtag bunch of people. Its a subtle movie and its got a really nice feel to it. I found myself totally engaged and invested in the story. The cast is massive with Rachel Taylor and Alex Demitriatis leading... other players include Nathan Phillips, Angus Sampson, Jackie Weaver and Susie Porter amongst others. All are very good. You could call it a romantic film, but its much more about two individuals rediscovering themselves. When it finished I forgot to eject the disc and the movie eventually started playing again... as I watched the first few minutes again I picked up on quite a few nice touches which pay off later. I'll definitely watch this again because it appears to be one that benefits from multiple viewings. Highly recommended.
November 25, 2011
No real reason for me to check it out.
November 21, 2011
Earnest yet annoying little drama. There wasn't one original idea in the entire film. Tiresome, plodding and dull. Sorry, it had nothing of note in it.
October 17, 2011
I bought this DVD on a whim a few days ago and was richly rewarded by my first viewing. Alex D. shines here as Mikey and Rachael Taylor handles her role as Heidi very well too. I was very pleased to see Angus Sampson in the cast too and he certainly entertains. The story of an adventure that begins after a chance encounter is set against the beatiful backdrop of the orange groves in rural Victoria, Australia.
½ May 26, 2011
this is a great film. The characters are believable. They definatly chose the right actresses and actors to star in this film.
March 27, 2011
I liked this, the old style, road tripping, fruit picking, that I know the places she is in, a lot of things about it. Great Australian film I think!
March 13, 2011
ridiculously boring but well cast
February 28, 2011
Beautifully shot Australian country. Characters are well developed but would have loved more development in the relationship between the leads. Alex Dimitriades is getting old... as with all of us who was born in the 70's.
December 6, 2010
Despite some awkward acting, was enjoyable and worth seeing. Thanks
October 28, 2010
Just when you thought the Australian film industry was on its way back up, this poor excuse for a film comes out. Poorly written, dead pan acting and plays on the Aussie stereo types. Let's just face it, Australian's will never be great film makers.
October 26, 2010
Slow-paced Australian drama that shines with a mostly easy-going aura. Overall this film is a good story of romance developing naturally by chance, but it may lack the right degree of substance for some viewers.
October 25, 2010
Like a trip to Mildura it starts out good, half way during your stay boredom begins to set in and then towards the end you can't wait to leave!
October 23, 2010
Hitchhiking home to a family she's never known, Heidi meets Michael. In the stunning orange groves of country Australia, they embark on an adventure, discovering their secrets and lives may be better ...
October 1, 2010
Remarkably engaging, despite the odd weak scene & cliché. Gently paced, you feel the undercurrents of loss & longing in a nervous, hopeful way. And it's filmed around Mildura!