A Summer's Tale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Summer's Tale Reviews

June 21, 2016
french movies has something unique
June 5, 2016
Love me some damn Rohmer
½ May 8, 2016
My favorite one of Eric Rohmer's ? Contes Des Quatre Saisons ?.
August 18, 2015
another of Rohmer's 4 seasons anthology
August 11, 2015
Arguably the best of Eric Rohmer's Tales of the Four Seasons series. The regarded French director sticks to his base tactics, such as avoiding cinematic flourish, and instead concentrating on a illuminating sense of realism. Working with a cast of talented young actors, A Summer's Tale just breathes life, and it's one of the most plausible films I've seen in relation to gender politics. Sexy but hardly sexual, and loving but hardly romantic, A Summer's Tale is another restrained masterpiece from one of the French New Wave's most consistent filmmakers.
½ July 6, 2015
50 shades of Gaspard.
March 21, 2015
a film full of beautiful scenery, long sequences, overwhelmingly naturalistic. Rohmer gets the best of it.
February 27, 2015
A SUMMER'S TALE is already seven years old and yet, as is true with almost all of this director's films, it does not seem to have aged one whit. That's because the conversations that these young adults engage in (a Rohmer film is 90% conversation) are so interesting--so full of ideas, philosophy, yearning and questioning--that his movies will probably seem timely one hundred years from now. If you enjoy good conversation coupled with lovely scenery and a charming cast, I don't see how you can go wrong with Rohmer.
August 24, 2014
OMG, what do positive reviewers see in this? Save your money! Slow, stupid slow, stupid & slow.
August 23, 2014
A Rohmer masterpiece that reveals youthful love and desire and the choices people must make.
August 3, 2014
Wonderful, possibly Rohmer's most welcoming film and one of his best.
July 28, 2014
Movie dragged; very little content to provoke thought or conversation. Nothing new here, and no surprises
July 11, 2014
I love Rotten Tomatoes but this time it was unbelievably wrong. Two hours of nonsense shot using a cellphone camera from 2005.
Watched it with a wonderful lady from Belgium on a rainy Sunday evening and both of us were disappointed and relieved when the movie was over.
July 9, 2014
Eerily reminds us of how lost most of us were in our true salad days. Very old fashioned flick and plot...could be 50, 60s, 70s, ...cassettes the only giveaway! Enjoyable but painful to watch young Gaspard blow with the wind and reveal a that he has yet to develop a sense of self. Only one of the women in the love quad is worth his attention, but he is too unformed to figure it out...audience certainly has.
June 1, 2014
I would defiantly like to see this:)
December 29, 2012
"Friendship's serious, maybe more than love."
March 11, 2011
may be its just a matter of taste that i feel woody allen would have done something better with this material.
½ August 16, 2010
'I dont like to push my luck but i do like luck to push me'.
July 27, 2010
Interesante profundización en Gaspard y sus decisiones indecisas.
September 26, 2009
Well the main character needs a good slap - possibly three. It has a certain dramatic tension which is surprising given its trivial content.