Super 8 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Super 8 Reviews

April 21, 2017
Clasic throw back to the 80's. Makes me feel old, but I still enjoyed the road....
April 6, 2017
Super8, is a Horror/Thriller that is another one of my favorite films and has some amazing performances from many of the actors displayed in this film!
½ April 1, 2017
if you like dreamcatcher or the faculty then this is for you!
March 19, 2017
The young talent is extraordinary. Another film to add to the list of greats, about a band of kids and the effects on their bonds over an adventure. A list that includes "E.T.", "The Goonies", "Explorers", "Stand By Me", "The Sandlot", "The Breakfast Club". All of which focus deeply on relationships of youth, such a timeless theme should have a genre of it's own. "Stranger Things" also would fall into such a Genre.
March 11, 2017
I loved this movie, kinda of a throwback to the to the good old days of monster movies. Joel Courtney was a standout!
½ March 5, 2017
This is a fantastic movie. Reminds me of an actual movie from the 80s. See this one!
February 26, 2017
JJ started crafting the Sci-Fi genre here.
February 21, 2017
Grade - B-
'Super 8' is an good sci-fi movie from JJ Abrams. It's packed with JJ's cool and flashy style, and has some excellent child actors to carry the movies slightly thin and cliched script.
½ February 15, 2017
Spielberg and Abrams teamed up to make a stellar movie with a group of amazing young actors. The film is well-directed, creative writing, and overall a blast to watch.
February 6, 2017
Good movie

NOTE: Haven't seen this since it came out, this rating probably isn't credible.
January 26, 2017
JJ Abrams crafts the perfect blend of a throwback to a vintage summer blockbuster and a modern day sci-fi thriller.
January 14, 2017
Heartwarming and emotional, Super 8 takes themes like family, friendship, young love, government cover-ups, and amateur film-making, and seamlessly injects them into a monster movie that feels like something from the '80s.
January 12, 2017
Nota: 8.5/10 - 3.9/5
½ January 3, 2017
I heard good things about this. But really it was an ET reboot for this generation and fell short.
½ December 27, 2016
Cool alien thriller movie starring Elle fanning and some fandom kids, the kids in this movie including Elle fanning do a good job, I like how they feel and act in this atmosphere of war and the evacuation of their home just because of a dumb alien that is pretty much a rip off of et but isn't as bad as you think, but the effects of the Alien are a little cheesy, it looks like the monsters in clover field. And I also like the connection between the children and their parents, but that didn't have to be in the movie, to me it was a waste of time but some people want an insider to the character. This movie didn't click like I wanted it to be, but in the end it's a cool idea for a movie but it's more like et but for an older audience.
½ December 20, 2016
I thought this was going to be something much more original than it was. Wasn't bad, but I'd rather watch the Monster Squad.
December 10, 2016
Lovely storyline. Great movie as well. I love how in the credits they showed the movie the kids were making to be submitted in the Super 8 film contest!!!
November 30, 2016
Super 8 is a surprisingly thoughtful sci-fi flick with a smart script, strong visuals and fantastic performances from its mostly young cast.
November 25, 2016
Possibly one of the best horror films ever made
November 19, 2016
The best homage to Spielberg's films, that could ever be made.