Supercop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Supercop Reviews

August 31, 2016
Not sure why Michelle Yeoh gets such a boost infront of Chan... it being the third after the first two amazing Police Story Movies; Police Story 4: First Strike was a great film, but couldnt touch 1,2 or 3; although New Police Story is fantastic.
March 14, 2016
Routine plot surrounded by brilliant stunts, thrilling action, plenty of humor and Chan being as likable and fun as ever.
½ February 25, 2016
This movie should be used as a blueprint for big stunts, intense action and a great film.
½ February 15, 2016
It's been a long time that I haven't revisited Police Story franchise. Wow! My Lord! Supercop is not only a great action movie but also a great addition to the Police Story franchise. I think Police Story franchise might be the most underrated and the most under-appreciated movie franchise of all time. Because the first one is freaking awesome, PS2 is not as good as the first one but still great, and now PS3: Supercop is also brilliant. I not even mentioning about my favourite one - "New Police Story" which is 5th in the franchise. Supercop is a great action movie filled with comedy, amazing martial arts, and superbly choreographed stunts. I love Supercop so much.
½ November 26, 2015
Just as good as the second and almost as good as the original. This one takes itself a little bit more seriously however, with an obvious political underdone that you shouldn't ignore, which provides an interesting new dynamic to the story. It all makes sense when you consider what HK was going through in the 90's. Definitely see this if you liked the first two Police Story movies, this is a continuation of that series despite not having Police Story in the title.
September 20, 2015
It was good of course. If you've seen the first two, you've seen this one. Nothing new, but good story, same old Jackie humour we love. This one was lacking in big action and stunts and kind of felt more hollywood-y.
½ September 12, 2015
One of the best (if not the best) Jackie Chan vehicles to come out of Hong Kong.
September 2, 2015
"Supercop" combina de manera magnífica la acción real con la comedia ingeniosa y ferozmente hilarante dejando en claro que Jackie Chan y Michelle Yeoh son artistas del combate y las acrobacias reales que dejan boquiabiertos con sus escenas de persecución.
August 2, 2015
This third installment in the franchise continues to wow audiences the same way as its predecessors with even more slapstick humor and incredible action with Chan sharing the screen with Michelle Yeoh this time.
April 12, 2015
Funny movie. Jackie Chan is amazing!
March 25, 2015
my opinion one of the best action movies of all time ...up there with Die Hard, The Rock, Speed, Terminator 2, Hard Boiled, The Matrix.... Police Story 3: Supercop deserves to be on the list..
February 17, 2015
Really good action sequences. I am trying to see more Jackie Chan films.
January 23, 2015
Stanley Tong's exhilarating actioner is like a James Bond movie produced in Hong Kong and starring Kung Fu virtuoso Jackie Chan, whose human and humorous fallibility in his characters is one of his most endearing traits and one of the main reasons (the other being his phenomenal stunt work) he is so beloved by fans.
½ December 30, 2014
Great movie. Supercop is an action-packed, funny adventure that proved Jackie Chan's skills early on in his career. It cleverly blends slapstick and martial arts, a story not completely original, great visual and technical effects, and great performances from Chan and Yeoh.
December 17, 2014
Solid, short and sweet action flick that's well paced. As the supposed Police Story III, it doesn't have any stunts on the same mind-blowing level as such as Police Story 1 and doesn't showcase Chan at his fullest, but the film is still rather entertaining and Chan is still a pleasure to see on screen as he does some decent fight choreography and stunt work.
½ September 21, 2014
While it does have plenty of action, I did find it somewhat constrained as far as the story is concerned. Of course, this is a translated movie, so it's tough to judge when you don't speak Mandarin. I do give Jackie and Michelle some credit though, they make one hell of a team.
September 3, 2014
Pretty usual stuff from Chan. Paper thin plot with incredible stunts. Good fun
August 30, 2014
I think I may have seen the wrong movie, because this one has a near perfect score on RottenTomatoes. Of course, that's not to say that each review is glowing, or praising, the film, but I was a little disappointed by this. Not because of the reviews, as I rarely ever let my opinion be influenced by reviews I may have read prior to watching a film. I know that the Police Story series, this is actually the third installment in the series, was a more straightforward action film than Jackie Chan's martial arts films, so his martial arts stunts were obviously toned down a lot. They're still there, but it's considerably less than normal. It's to the point that Jackie, nor his team, though I'm sure had some contributions, are even credited for the action choreography. I don't know the guy, but I get the impression that Chan is a perfectionist and the fact that he didn't have full creative control over the action sequences, again, I think he had contributions, must have eaten away at him in a sense. Or maybe he was incredibly happy to let someone else take control, who knows? The point is that, while the film features some pretty crazy stunts, it's not the craziest, or best, Jackie Chan film out there. While the movie does have a bit of slapstick humor, as Jackie is just as influenced by Buster Keaton, and his daredevil ways, as he is influenced by Bruce Lee...but, again, there's less doses of it. Because of that lack of humor, it's made even more obvious how laughably bad and cheesy the story really is. This wouldn't be out of place in any low-tier DTV action film starring D-list action stars. The stunts are a little better and more over-the-top than they would be in these films, but the story sure does leave a lot to be desired with its execution. It did make me laugh, so that has to count for something. Don't get me wrong, the action is actually pretty damn good, it's just not my type of action. Certainly not the action I enjoy seeing from Jackie Chan, still...there's plenty of shootouts and chase sequences to satisfy even the most jaded action fan. Michelle Yeoh makes for a great addition as her chemistry with Jackie is noticeable right from the start, even if I watched the dubbed version. Michelle Yeoh is definitely the highlight of the film and she was incredibly game for the stunts. It isn't that bad of a fall, but she falls off the car during the car chase in one of the takes, you see this in the bloopers. It honestly isn't even that bad of a fall, but considering how bad it could've been if even the slightest bit went wrong, then she was certainly very lucky. Jackie almost fell off a moving train in the climactic sequence, another attempt by Jackie to kill himself. When he's also hanging from the helicopter ladder as the actual thing is flying high over Hong Kong. I'm sure there were safety measures taken, but it's still madness. This is one of those movies that should only be watched for the action, though the story will certainly entertain you with how cheesy it is. The dubbing kinda sucks as well, but that is to be expected. With that said, this is still a solid movie. Not even close to being the best movie Jackie's been involved in, but far from the worst. Still, a good watch if you have Netflix.
August 13, 2014
um dos melhores filmes de Jackie Chan! Desta vez acompanhado pela Michelle Yeoh! E depois é talvez um dos mais violentos filmes dele, com umas cenas a fazer lembrar o Rambo 2
½ August 5, 2014
A little harsh to give it an R rating... But AMAZING FILM!