The Swan Princess - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Swan Princess Reviews

September 25, 2017
the songs were horrible
September 2, 2017
When I was a kid I would watch this movie all the time and I still do it's a great fairytale movie that I recommend! It has great singing and romantic and much more see the trailer. I give this movie 80% that's what I think!
August 12, 2017
"You should write a book: how to insult a woman in 5 syllables or less" - for a 5-7 age range this movie has a few zingers.
May 1, 2017
When I was a kid I would watch this all the time I loved this movie and I still do to this day it's a great fairytale! The singing is great you can't go wrong with this movie! I mean it I still watch this movie. Whoever likes fairytales should see this one
April 23, 2017
Far longer than forever ??
½ April 2, 2017
I have mixed thoughts into this movie. Despite the Animation being very well done and a great art style, I don't seem to enjoy the predictable story and generic characters and songs so stupid it makes Barney a masterpiece.

Story 3/10
Animation 10/10
Characters 3/10
Songs 2/10
March 25, 2017
I should probably tell you that if you're watching this film expecting the *exact* same style and 'magic'as Disney, you'll probably be disappointed. However, the show does have some of the same elements as Disney (afterall, it's from a guy who used to work for them), and is overall a fun, colorful movie. I used to watch it all the time as a kid; I still love it.
March 16, 2017
hey fuckerz why did you not rate this higher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 17, 2016
I watched this movie when I was a kid. It has good singing and good dancing it makes a good fairy tale movie for kids. It is a funny movie. My favorite song was for longer than forever it was a graceful song and a beautiful song and very good singing to the song. Kids will like this movie. I still watch this movie a lot !!
September 5, 2016
Love love love this film, one of my favourites growing up!
½ August 1, 2016
Based on the Swan Lake ballet, this non-Disney Princess film has the same charms and traits like those other films, but it does have some dulling bits. (B)
July 8, 2016
I have loved this film since childhood. It is one of the rare kids movies that highlights more than a woman's beauty or her kindness as her most important attribute. The scene where Odette refuses to marry Derrek, because her beauty is the only thing he can come up with to praise her for, is my girlfriends and I's favorite bit. The characters are good, particularly the animals and Odette. The film is quirky and uplifting and the characters have depth and nuance. I have enjoyed rewatching it again and again as have my little cousins, both male and female. The characters have depth and nuance.
½ May 5, 2016
It is the worst Disney Princess wannabe I've ever seen!
½ February 13, 2016
The Swan Princess follows a familiar story arch, but as an attempt to be a satisfying animated kids movie, it works swimmingly with a pleasant amount of humor, darkness, and romance.
January 31, 2016
One of my favorite movies as a kid. ?????????
October 26, 2015
Disney light. Songs suck, animation average, void of any character development (and for some parts charcter all together) and MUCH stolen straight from way better disney movies. Ok for little kids, and I'm not even sure of that.
July 27, 2015
Very underrated movie that doesn't deserve half the hate it gets. This is possibly my all-time favorite non-Disney animated film. Beautifully animated and features one of the most beautiful songs of all time.
July 25, 2015
Uninteresting couple, weak humor, too many plot holes, and just very underwhelming. They were trying so hard to not be Disney and failed so miserably.
July 25, 2015
This was my favorite childhood movie!!! I know several people who watch it, and I recommend this movie to those I babysit!
July 16, 2015
The story moves at a breakneck pace, the characters are routine, but beautifully drawn and the songs are obnoxious, but catchy.
In the end, The Swan Princess is at least memorable enough to make up for it's cons.