Tamara Drewe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tamara Drewe Reviews

½ February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
September 29, 2016
Somehow this film just draws you in with morally depraved characters , witty dialogue and comical irony...and while it's no picture of the year, it stands out from the crowd with a surprising level of entertainment ! 3 stars
September 11, 2016
Charming romantic comedy of English rural village life.
½ September 9, 2016
Soo good! It felt like a 4 hour movie, in a good way.
½ February 9, 2016
Very very strange film but none the less it's not bad. It's just slightly hard to follow sometimes and some awkward writing. Other then that it's a good movie.
jjnxn
May 28, 2015
Somehow this thing is supposed to be a spin on Far From the Madding Crowd but except for the merest passing references it bears no semblance to that story.
November 1, 2014
Fast-moving comedy with nice performances.
October 16, 2014
This was a decent British black comedy/ romance and pretty predictable, but the main characters were appealing enough, that you could overlook the predictability, there seemed to be some editing problems near the end of the film. Gemma Arteton is a hottie and she is one good actress to see on screen, very well done movie. So for this being an okay British film with solid performances, I give "Tamara Drew" a C.
September 7, 2014
Wasn't worth taking the cellophane of the DVD
August 28, 2014
British dark humour.. The crap we put up with when we feel we don't deserve more..
May 21, 2014
Unfortunately, it's not the same Stephen Frears as before.
½ February 21, 2014
Interesting little film, not sure if I am a big fan of the title character, and to be honest the annoying teenager girl was just that annoying as all heck. (seriously!!)
The character of Andy was quite the handsome piece, and him I could find myself enjoying to watch.
The rest of this films characters were not really my full cup of tea, but hey, it filled the evening TV viewing time I had.
January 23, 2014
Tamara Drewe has a very promising start with a cast of very unique characters. It starts off has a Romantic Comedy then it switches to a Drama. Then back to a Romantic Comedy and so on. The characters change their mind as if a different screenwriter wrote a separate page and threw it all on the wall and what stuck is the screenplay for this movie. The scenery is beautiful and the actors did their best with what they had. I highly recommend avoiding this film, unless you're drunk.

NOTE: I do not recommend drinking over the limit, ever! Unless you're about to watch this film.
January 13, 2014
Erotic pleasures are had in a bucolic village where "nothing happens."
January 1, 2014
Absolutely loved it. Charming. I can't understand the low rating at all!!
½ January 1, 2014
It could have been better if it wasn't for the insane amount of swearing for NO REASON and the super annoying teenagers.
December 7, 2013
a little too cluttered and all over the place, yet enjoyable and light nonetheless, with some surprising, unexpected scenes. above all, Tamara Drewe showcases Arterton's great potential.
October 31, 2013
All I have to say is, "Bring on the cow stampede!" What an irreverant way to finish an average film.
October 31, 2013
One of my favourite British comedies. Tamara Drewe is well shot and crammed with witty dialogue coming from hilarious characters, my favourite has to be Eustacia the lesbian crime author, who sadly is only in the film for a minute or two but in that time she'll make you chuckle. Roger Allam is brilliant as Nicholas Hardiment the cheating husband, whose short temper causes him to come out with some of the funniest cursing words. Every single performance from the wonderful cast is sharp, it's a must see movie that thrives on great characters.
October 15, 2013
A comedy about sex, love and a nose job...
Tamara Drewe revient dans son village natal pour retaper la maison de sa mère défunte afin de la mettre en vente. Celle qui était une fille au gros nez dans un coin paumé est devenue une jeune fille sexy travaillant dans la capitale pour un magazine à la mode. Elle a même ramené un fiancé batteur dans un groupe de musique tendance, Ben, dont l'adolescente Jody est la plus grande fan. La jalousie de cette dernière va causer un grand chamboulement dans la vie de Tamara, et indirectement aussi dans celle d'autres habitants du village
Stephen Frears passe à la comédie avec l'adaptation du roman graphique du même nom, très populaire en Angleterre. Ça parle d'amour, de jalousie, de tromperies, tout cela autour de cette fameuse Tamara incarnée par Gemma Arterton. C'est bien joué, c'est léger, parfois plus grave, et la vedette est volée par Jessica Barden qui joue la jeune Jody, son ennui et ses actions exagérées entraînant le bazar dans un petit village apparemment sans histoire... Le problème majeur de ce film : on se fout royalement de ce qui peut arriver à Tamara. Le personnage n'est pas forcément sympathique ni intéressant. Au final on se demande pourquoi tant d'effort a été fourni pour cette demoiselle.