Tamasha Reviews

• Apr 21, 2019

By the time it ended, "Tamasha" has shoved so many messages down my throat, that I didn't know what the main takeaway the movie wanted to leave me with. I honestly wouldn't have minded the themes in the movie, but it is executed in a boring and at times annoying way. I think the only real aspect of the movie I liked was the performances of Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone. They do a decent job but it is not enough to save this movie and make it likable. I feel there are many better Bollywood romances that are far more entertaining. This movie might be different and somewhat artistic, but that doesn't mean it was effective or good.

• Jan 24, 2019

One of the best movies of Bollywood I have ever seen

One of the best movies of Bollywood I have ever seen

• Feb 22, 2018

Cute romantic story dealing with identity crisis and emotional PTSD.

Cute romantic story dealing with identity crisis and emotional PTSD.

• Jan 23, 2018

movie fails trying to give a happy ending that wasn't there

movie fails trying to give a happy ending that wasn't there

• Oct 10, 2017

interesting movie....... love gets u life.

interesting movie....... love gets u life.

• Aug 11, 2017

Reminds us that not all bollywood movies are soppy romances. Nice to actually watch done Hing one can relate to on a human level.

• Oct 30, 2016

This movie is pure magic. It gets better with each viewing. The film's overarching theme is not entirely new. In recent memory, '3 Idiots' drove home a similar message. However, 'Tamasha' stands out primarily for its approach to a sensitive issue. It makes us believe that each one of us should live our dreams. While '3 Idiots' was peppered with positivity, 'Tamasha' attacks the viewer with a kind of intensity that only Imtiaz Ali can build up. The film shows us what can go wrong with bottling up our ambitions. And to achieve that effect, there's Ranbir Kapoor. While Deepika Padukone's performance is nothing short of extraordinary, it's Ranbir Kapoor who the movie follows. And of course he delivers. His Ved Vardan Sahni grows on the viewer, and it's his character's trajectory, so beautifully portrayed by Ranbir, that the viewer takes from the movie. In my entirely unimportant opinion, Ranbir truly deserved awards for his performance, and it was disappointing that he didn't win any. In any case, watch this movie. And if you don't like it, watch it again. It will grow on you.

• Sep 16, 2016

Amazing Movie, beautiful scenes, flamboyant cinematography, and above all the story. It tries to tackle a topic which is so hard to do justice to. It also shows the ugly truths of life and what all can go wrong when we leave our feelings and emotions unattended for a long amount of time. Although the movie only shows Ved as a vulnerable guy and doesn't explore other major characters like Tara the way you want and doesn't tackle/show her insecurities, but even if she had some major insecurities, it is very rare for them to get to the level Ved has them in the movie, so it's natural for the movie to focus more on him. Finally I'd say, it's not just a movie, it's a therapy session!

• Jun 07, 2016

An awful mess of a movie, with characters who are half-baked, insulting stereotypes. A big letdown from the man who made 'Rockstar'.

• Apr 24, 2016

Its a good movie to watch with some nice screenplay and acting which includes the fun part and the deepest feelings part.