Texas Chainsaw - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Texas Chainsaw Reviews

½ January 8, 2017
JUST STOP, what's next Hallowe...oh wait we have Rob Zombie to thank for that "film".
January 7, 2017
She destroys the movie
December 28, 2016
Kinda dumb movie , cliches everywhere ....maybe one of the cliches doesn't bother so much ....the hot looking girls with kinda big boobs ! SOMDVD
November 10, 2016
It offers Texas Chainsaw fans a return visit with one of horror's most beloved characters, but it may not entirely reward their 7 yearlong patience with its generic writing, uneven casting and minimal advantages of the 3-D gimmick.
October 29, 2016
Underrated horror sequel
½ October 24, 2016
It was an interesting idea, but it was very hard to root for anyone when everyone (bar Kenny) was an asshole or blatantly ignored bad signs and got themselves killed. Overall, not very impressed by the protagonist, which is very off putting, especially in a horror film.
October 15, 2016
Finally, a superb plot! Also, a plot thats built on several layers of intrigue that will keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time! Best one out of them all, excellent! If there was one criticism it's the title, too much like the others, lacks originality for a title. The movie should have simply been called "Leather Face"!
September 30, 2016
Crap. How DARE it link itself to the original. I think it's disgusting it directly followed itself on to a classic. The link was tenuous and uninspired, the effects are dreadful for a modern horror (if indeed they allow you to see any gore ever), and the characters aren't worth rooting for. Highlights were the toner in the film at the beginning making it look like the original slightly, and Shaun Silos in a dripping wet open plaid shirt. Meh.
August 25, 2016
l know for a fact... this is a good movie and I'm dieing to see it so bad.. cuz I really love horror movies and this movie.. so.... I give it 10/5
July 19, 2016
Honestly, I was entertained by this installment. The story may have had terrible mathematics but I understood what they were trying to put together. Acting? Some better than others, but not all the characters did a bad job. Gore? Great gore! Chase scenes? Great chase scenes in my opinion! Overall I didn't mind this film, loved Alexandra's performance as well.
July 18, 2016
Yes the time-line is fucked up and everything but for the biggest part it was definitely fun and had some teeth grinding death sequences.
July 14, 2016
A fantastic addition to the Texas chainsaw massacare series! Even with in it's plot holes, and weird 3D effects it still manages to be a great flick. A hint of advice is don't watch this film first if your new to the series.
½ July 10, 2016
it was starting to go to good half way but it did go down hill but hopefully the new movie would be better
June 21, 2016
I really liked this movie! Really fun in 3D!
June 5, 2016
Offering Texas Chainsaw fans a return visit with one of every genre buffs' most beloved icons, this seventh installment finds the chainsaw-wielding slasher sawing his way back to the big screen in three-dimensional style, even if it essentially relies on ancient gas to rev up the weapon.
½ June 1, 2016
Yet another laughable attempt for improvement with average intensity, mediocre acting, and a facet of making one of the bloodiest killers in cinematic history to look like a protagonist. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
½ May 31, 2016
Ok so as I understand it, 1974 + 28 = 2002. Camera phones used? Ok.
I refer to this as Texas Chainsaw 3D, to distinguish it from the masterful original opus of horror, TC3D is shamelessly convoluted and has a plot that twists into the heroine becoming part of Leatherface's world.
Couldn't be bothered reading? Leatherface becomes a good guy/anti-hero and this is blatantly written for another sequel.
Questionable acting and visuals and some high school film project blunders makes this a pretty funny film.
½ May 25, 2016
"A movie that is just incredibly bad in every aspect there is. Atrocious acting, awful one liners, bad story, caricature characters, poor CGI effects, bad

ending. Incredibly bad."
May 18, 2016
Horrified by the scenes of this movie. I can`t stop imagining the slasher scenes in it.
May 8, 2016
The first good 'Texas Chainsaw' film since 'The Next Generation' if you view it as being in the style of something like 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2', with the emphasis on black humour. Still could've used quite a few more laughs at that, but once Leatherface gets out, it provides enough laughs to have a good sitdown with your pals.