Texas Chainsaw - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Texas Chainsaw Reviews

½ February 8, 2018
The first half was awful. there was nothing interesting going on and just created 10 billion Plot holes. the second half does get a little better with very entertaining chase scenes, but the story and characters are idiotic.
½ January 17, 2018
3 3 3 3 3 4 3 3 3 3 = 31
January 13, 2018
I honestly think this movie is not that bad. I mean of course it's not perfect (like the crappy timeline for example) but overall a decent chainsaw.
January 12, 2018
It's kinda fun but it suck
½ December 31, 2017
This movie story loses in a lot of things.
½ November 17, 2017
Atrocious badly written, acted,
November 3, 2017
Is it just me or is this the best (least worst) of the modern Chainsaw flicks? Despite its rating there is so much fun to be had here in this brainless, baffling dumb rollercoaster of a movie.
½ October 25, 2017
It's an ugly and cynical and I can't forgive it for trying to make Leatherface into a damn anti-hero, but Texas Chainsaw 3D actually isn't that bad. It has most of the good tropes of the franchise - Leatherface chasing someone through the woods, a freezer scare, and someone getting hung on a meat hook. All it's missing are an awkward dinner scene and a crazy chainsaw dance. Not all of the cast is great, but Alexandra Daddario and Scott Eastwood are very good, and Dan Yeager is very menacing as Leatherface. The first ten minutes or so are better than the rest of the film put together, and the post-credits scene is the perfect ending. All in all, this is a pretty good horror film that isn't quite good enough to make up for trying to make Leatherface and anti-hero.
½ August 9, 2017
Texas Chainsaw features some of the worst acting, dialogue, directing, plot holes, and scares ever in a movie. It is not only one of the worst horror movies ever made, it is one of the worst movies made, period.
½ August 4, 2017
It's a movie with a big budget, but yet, it's one of the cheapest and cheesiest films I've ever seen. It uses the most exhausted elements and cliches of the genre, and, while there's lot of gore, there's very little scares. This is by far the most ridiculous film of the franchise. Even if you were looking for cheesy fun, this wouldn't be the first film I'd recommend.
½ July 31, 2017
forget this movie exists
July 9, 2017
Easily the best sequel in the franchise. Tania Raymonde really shines as Alexandra Daddario's co-star (both are the 2010s survivor girls we never got.) There's some great cameos, real attention to detail visually, it's really continues down the path of everything that made the first one great those many decades ago. I have no idea why the reviews for this film are so off. I feel like it got over looked by all the TCM fans.
½ June 25, 2017
Texas Chainsaw has neither the gut-churning dread of the original nor enough bloody eye-popping visuals to take advantage of its 3-D gimmick, and sadly doesn't do enough with its fresh narrative or chilling mythology to keep it from veering tediously into generic "dead teenager" territory.
March 28, 2017
I was pleased to finally give this one a look, only to find out that I had almost immediate buyer's remorse. Since this is essentially a re-boot/re-imagining, we meet a young woman who's inherited the old house from a relative she never knew existed. Cue distant relative Leatherface lurking in the basement, and it's all just a bit too much, as we're expected to believe that this hot young woman is descended from the inbred hillbillies who lived in the old house, or that the local sheriff who once let frontier justice destroy an entire family still has a job later?

It has some cute girls in it, but man, it's a slog to get through, so I'd suggest revisiting one of the earlier installments.
March 17, 2017
Finally one that's current. The movie should have simply been called "Leatherface". Way too many with the same title! However it was excellent. Finally a plot! Also, a plot thats built on several layers of intrigue that will keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time! Best one out of the franchise, excellent!
½ March 15, 2017
Another great effort to bring in a new audience for the franchise. Loved the opening of the film! Defiantly better than the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2".
February 25, 2017
September 2013
February 2017
½ February 20, 2017
Complete CRAP!!! For starters the acting is awful, the lead was only cast for being hot. The script is trash, the writers don't even know what year the film takes place in! It supposedly takes place after the Original, the baby who survives is the female lead, so she's what in her 20's right? That would easily place the film in the early to late 90's. Depending on how much you wanna stretch the girls age. Yet the sheriff at the end has an iPhone?!?! The dialogue is cringe worthy as well. With all that being said, it really wouldn't matter that much if the film was scary, and that it is not. Easily ranks as the WORST or 2nd worst texas chainsaw film. Do yourself a favor and just watch the Original or the 2003 remake, either film is 10x better than this massive turd.
½ February 20, 2017
You know, not as bad as its reputation proceeds. Sure, anytime there's CGI, it looks like hot garbage... The prologue was so terribly written and filmed that I feared the whole movie would be B-movie trash... But then we got into the film. It started looking better. The cast/characters were actually interesting to follow. But then we get a few more missteps. Those characters are quickly written out. The awesome mansion setting doesn't get used for the most part. And the actual story of the film is a little... Underwhelming. But it was different and still interesting all things considered. So a worthwhile sequel. Although this did not launch another franchise as they had hoped.

MVP: Alexandra Daddario.
February 16, 2017
This supposed "true" sequel to the 1974 original falls flat. Ineffective gore and paint by numbers storytelling give us another lackluster chapter in the Texas Chainsaw franchise.