Texas Chainsaw - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Texas Chainsaw Reviews

July 9, 2017
Easily the best sequel in the franchise. Tania Raymonde really shines as Alexandra Daddario's co-star (both are the 2010s survivor girls we never got.) There's some great cameos, real attention to detail visually, it's really continues down the path of everything that made the first one great those many decades ago. I have no idea why the reviews for this film are so off. I feel like it got over looked by all the TCM fans.
½ June 25, 2017
Texas Chainsaw has neither the gut-churning dread of the original nor enough bloody eye-popping visuals to take advantage of its 3-D gimmick, and sadly doesn't do enough with its fresh narrative or chilling mythology to keep it from veering tediously into generic "dead teenager" territory.
March 28, 2017
I was pleased to finally give this one a look, only to find out that I had almost immediate buyer's remorse. Since this is essentially a re-boot/re-imagining, we meet a young woman who's inherited the old house from a relative she never knew existed. Cue distant relative Leatherface lurking in the basement, and it's all just a bit too much, as we're expected to believe that this hot young woman is descended from the inbred hillbillies who lived in the old house, or that the local sheriff who once let frontier justice destroy an entire family still has a job later?

It has some cute girls in it, but man, it's a slog to get through, so I'd suggest revisiting one of the earlier installments.
March 17, 2017
Finally one that's current. The movie should have simply been called "Leatherface". Way too many with the same title! However it was excellent. Finally a plot! Also, a plot thats built on several layers of intrigue that will keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time! Best one out of the franchise, excellent!
½ March 15, 2017
Another great effort to bring in a new audience for the franchise. Loved the opening of the film! Defiantly better than the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2".
February 25, 2017
September 2013
February 2017
½ February 20, 2017
Complete CRAP!!! For starters the acting is awful, the lead was only cast for being hot. The script is trash, the writers don't even know what year the film takes place in! It supposedly takes place after the Original, the baby who survives is the female lead, so she's what in her 20's right? That would easily place the film in the early to late 90's. Depending on how much you wanna stretch the girls age. Yet the sheriff at the end has an iPhone?!?! The dialogue is cringe worthy as well. With all that being said, it really wouldn't matter that much if the film was scary, and that it is not. Easily ranks as the WORST or 2nd worst texas chainsaw film. Do yourself a favor and just watch the Original or the 2003 remake, either film is 10x better than this massive turd.
½ February 20, 2017
You know, not as bad as its reputation proceeds. Sure, anytime there's CGI, it looks like hot garbage... The prologue was so terribly written and filmed that I feared the whole movie would be B-movie trash... But then we got into the film. It started looking better. The cast/characters were actually interesting to follow. But then we get a few more missteps. Those characters are quickly written out. The awesome mansion setting doesn't get used for the most part. And the actual story of the film is a little... Underwhelming. But it was different and still interesting all things considered. So a worthwhile sequel. Although this did not launch another franchise as they had hoped.

MVP: Alexandra Daddario.
February 16, 2017
This supposed "true" sequel to the 1974 original falls flat. Ineffective gore and paint by numbers storytelling give us another lackluster chapter in the Texas Chainsaw franchise.
½ January 8, 2017
JUST STOP, what's next Hallowe...oh wait we have Rob Zombie to thank for that "film".
January 7, 2017
She destroys the movie
December 28, 2016
Kinda dumb movie , cliches everywhere ....maybe one of the cliches doesn't bother so much ....the hot looking girls with kinda big boobs ! SOMDVD
October 29, 2016
Underrated horror sequel
½ October 24, 2016
It was an interesting idea, but it was very hard to root for anyone when everyone (bar Kenny) was an asshole or blatantly ignored bad signs and got themselves killed. Overall, not very impressed by the protagonist, which is very off putting, especially in a horror film.
September 30, 2016
Crap. How DARE it link itself to the original. I think it's disgusting it directly followed itself on to a classic. The link was tenuous and uninspired, the effects are dreadful for a modern horror (if indeed they allow you to see any gore ever), and the characters aren't worth rooting for. Highlights were the toner in the film at the beginning making it look like the original slightly, and Shaun Silos in a dripping wet open plaid shirt. Meh.
August 25, 2016
l know for a fact... this is a good movie and I'm dieing to see it so bad.. cuz I really love horror movies and this movie.. so.... I give it 10/5
July 19, 2016
Honestly, I was entertained by this installment. The story may have had terrible mathematics but I understood what they were trying to put together. Acting? Some better than others, but not all the characters did a bad job. Gore? Great gore! Chase scenes? Great chase scenes in my opinion! Overall I didn't mind this film, loved Alexandra's performance as well.
July 18, 2016
Yes the time-line is fucked up and everything but for the biggest part it was definitely fun and had some teeth grinding death sequences.
July 14, 2016
A fantastic addition to the Texas chainsaw massacare series! Even with in it's plot holes, and weird 3D effects it still manages to be a great flick. A hint of advice is don't watch this film first if your new to the series.
½ July 10, 2016
it was starting to go to good half way but it did go down hill but hopefully the new movie would be better