Texas Chainsaw - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Texas Chainsaw Reviews

½ May 16, 2019
A lot of ages/years don't make sense, mainly Heather's apparent age, Verna's birth year, and the ages of some unseen Sawyers in Sheriff Hooper's files, but otherwise I like it.
April 17, 2019
Not scary or creepy which is why the first one is so good. Lazy plot writing but just enough gore to keep low IQ people satisfied
½ April 16, 2019
A direct sequal to 1974 classic "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre", we see a new approach to the film structure whixh includes making leatherface not so bad? I think its a good scary movie to watch but its a shame they tried to continue after the original if they werent going to make this film the best it could be. Its not terrible but its up there with The Next Generation as far as how good it really is.
½ March 5, 2019
I'm going to say this much even though this is a bad movie it does have rewatch value. I've seen it at least five times. The acting is horrendous. The story is meh. There's enough gore for slasher fans. It just wasn't scary.
February 10, 2019
Texas Chainsaw is, just a snooze fest
December 21, 2018
gross, sadistic and not scary at all
½ October 29, 2018
Whilst milking everything this franchise has left, John Luessenhop scrapes the bottom of the barrel with a rebooted sequel to the 1974 original that tries to convince the viewers that all the sequels that came after the original have no meaning because THIS is the sequel.
October 20, 2018
Stop releasing horror movies at the beginning of January! Please just stop it!
October 9, 2018
A bold direct sequel to the original film. Honestly, the only problem I have with it is the lack of Bubba's family in the beginning and an ending that really doesn't make sense (why would you take care of someone that just murdered all of your friends?)
½ October 4, 2018
Pretty decent sequel for the original.
½ June 10, 2018
Although having an interesting concept this film doesn't seem to understand who is the villain of the franchise. It is a bold move but not worth the watch.
½ February 8, 2018
The first half was awful. there was nothing interesting going on and just created 10 billion Plot holes. the second half does get a little better with very entertaining chase scenes, but the story and characters are idiotic.
½ January 17, 2018
3 3 3 3 3 4 3 3 3 3 = 31
January 13, 2018
I honestly think this movie is not that bad. I mean of course it's not perfect (like the crappy timeline for example) but overall a decent chainsaw.
January 12, 2018
It's kinda fun but it suck
½ December 31, 2017
This movie story loses in a lot of things.
½ November 17, 2017
Atrocious badly written, acted,
November 3, 2017
Is it just me or is this the best (least worst) of the modern Chainsaw flicks? Despite its rating there is so much fun to be had here in this brainless, baffling dumb rollercoaster of a movie.
½ October 25, 2017
It's an ugly and cynical and I can't forgive it for trying to make Leatherface into a damn anti-hero, but Texas Chainsaw 3D actually isn't that bad. It has most of the good tropes of the franchise - Leatherface chasing someone through the woods, a freezer scare, and someone getting hung on a meat hook. All it's missing are an awkward dinner scene and a crazy chainsaw dance. Not all of the cast is great, but Alexandra Daddario and Scott Eastwood are very good, and Dan Yeager is very menacing as Leatherface. The first ten minutes or so are better than the rest of the film put together, and the post-credits scene is the perfect ending. All in all, this is a pretty good horror film that isn't quite good enough to make up for trying to make Leatherface and anti-hero.
½ August 9, 2017
Texas Chainsaw features some of the worst acting, dialogue, directing, plot holes, and scares ever in a movie. It is not only one of the worst horror movies ever made, it is one of the worst movies made, period.