The Fall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fall Reviews

November 27, 2017
I don't wanna say style over substance, but when you have beautiful visuals standing out more then an emotional connection, can you really blame me?
October 16, 2017
Beautiful film with a story layered in meaning. Wonderful acting by both leads. Funny, heart warming and tragic all at once.
September 2, 2017
Great movie, everything about it. Visually stunning, great acting. love this.
July 31, 2017
I am astonished at how low a rating this received. It is a visual masterpiece that perfectly juxtaposes the innocence of childhood with the harsh reality of addiction. Having struggled with addiction and a niece that Catinca Andaru truly embodied, this movie hit home in a way that few others could ever dream of. Do yourself a favor and watch this little known gem.
July 18, 2017
This movie is a clear example of an under rated film! The music, cinematography, actors, story and music all work hand in hand to creat a story worth watching and poundering on. This film can easily be listed on my top ten altime favortite movies.
July 2, 2017
visually stunning, could watch it over and over
June 25, 2017
Just watch it. One of my most favorite movies ever.
June 18, 2017
A nice, credible, tale with incredible visuals from start to finish. If you're a visual person, you'll enjoy it, especially in Blu Ray. If you've travelled a lot, you might even recognise some of the locations. This one is definitely in my desert island disk collection.
The sountrack makes excellent use of Beethoven's Symphony No 7 in A.
There are plenty of morsels on the web and when you've seen the film, you'll probably agree, they're representative of what you saw, rather than just highlights.
Baffled at the comments by certain critics - maybe they weren't paid off.
May 17, 2017
Storytelling set in a world of fantasy to ease the suffering of reality.
April 16, 2017
I had a really hard time getting into this film, despite some great cinematography and a halfway decent plot. I found the characters to be very one dimensional and without much substance. There was no reason to root for anyone in this film. Even though the story that was being told was interesting enough, I really had a hard time following exactly what the movie was trying to do in its final act. As for the acting it was fine aside from the little girl character, I don't know why but I found her rather annoying and this really didn't help me enjoy the film much either
April 9, 2017
Visually elaborate at times, I tended to not like these bits. Although it made us visit quite a bit of planet. I prefered the real story in the story. The little girl comes out as realistically naive, not the regular heroic film girl, which was very unusual in a good way. She still had plenty of guts. Silent films did show extraordinary shots that were dangerous to do sometimes.
½ February 25, 2017
Strangely unaffecting, despite the fact that it was reportedly shot in 28 countries with the express goal of making a pictorial marvel. To be honest, I thought this was all digitally created imagery until I read otherwise (and I have very mixed feelings about CGI anyway) - but even knowing that it is "real" doesn't change the fact that the film is boring. (And, as a fan of the Ron Fricke cinematic travelogues, I do think that a film based on images alone can be successful). Director Tarsem Singh (or just Tarsem) apparently paid millions of his own money to finance the four-year project that sees an injured (and suicidal) stuntman telling a fantasy story to a 5-year old immigrant girl with a broken arm and a tragic past when both are recuperating in a sanatorium in 1920s California. The fantasy story becomes interwoven with the realities of both teller and listener - and transpires in various locales across the globe (naturally). At times this seems pitched for children, at other times it is too dark in content (suicide, violence) to show it to them. Give it a miss.
February 16, 2017
Amazing, breathtaking movie
It's just ubelievable. Very beautiful, the use of color is captivating
The story is simple and yet complicated, very impressive
Actors do their best, wonderful performances
January 19, 2017
visually astonishing !
January 14, 2017
The told story is magical, visually stunning. Sadness and intensity holds strong stemming from the main characters depression. Still, lovely film. 7.5/10.
½ December 6, 2016
Colorful, imaginative, and creatively memorable. However, I could not stand the little girl, Catinca Untaru, which mostly ruins the movie.
½ November 28, 2016
Aesthetically stunning, with a wonderful cinematography and production design, this is a highly imaginative and ambitious (yet also certainly self-indulgent) film about love, and it is impossible not to love little Catinca Untaru, who couldn't be any better or cuter, she is fantastic.
November 24, 2016
One of the best locations and shots I have ever seen. The movie itself comes second but still a good one.
November 17, 2016
A masterpiece that is truly underrated.
½ November 9, 2016
While it certainly feels self indulgently aimless, The Fall still functions as a remarkable film making achievement with central characters that are impossible not to love.
Grade: A-