The Secret of Kells - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Secret of Kells Reviews

½ July 1, 2016
Absolutely amazing. The product of aesthetically appealing animation, an excellent story, & dense themes.
½ June 12, 2016
Very beautiful, nice story
May 14, 2016
A fantastical tale regarding the creation of an actual document from history. The patterns and colors come alive in an eye-catching way and the characters are straight-forward yet charming. The wonderful usage of Celtic music wraps this up as a brief, fun segue into what is "Irish".
May 1, 2016
A refreshingly new animation style for me, as the story blends Celtic and Irish mythology and history together in a great adventure. Also the element of the faith resounds with me personally.
March 26, 2016
'Secret of Kells' is a beautiful amalgamation of Irish myth and 2D animation.
½ February 29, 2016
There is so much to like here but the narrative feels a little undeveloped and the last fifteen minutes feels rushed and unsatisfying... It's definitely worth a watch though if only for the stunning animation.
½ February 28, 2016
The animation is gorgeous and unique. The characters are interesting. The story though didn't get to me as much as I thought it would and the pace was a bit slow by times. Overall though, I was amazed by the quality of the artwork/images in this movie.
February 24, 2016
I found this a little boring. I wasn't sure exactly what was at stake in the story, and while I deeply appreciate the film's technical achievements, loading so much expectation onto the big "reveal" at the end was bound to disappoint.
February 12, 2016
It's as cute as Diego, my boyfriend!
February 9, 2016
A true masterpiece, magnificent and not meant to be just seen but to behold. Every child should see this beautiful movie and have it to cherish and pass on to his children. I know I will.
February 8, 2016
My friend's kids wanted this movie off nine minutes in. If you can make it to the forest scene you should be good to go on a nice little adventure with simplistic animation. Be warned: This movie should be PG.... It's too violent to be G and kids may not be prepared for some of the themes.
January 23, 2016
"The Secret of Kells" la primera obra maestra de Tomm Moore es un bello relato lleno de mitología y magia cuyos personajes plasman con gran encanto y sentimiento. Una maravilla visual para todo amante de la animación.
½ January 22, 2016
A rather bizarre, but nevertheless interesting and enjoyable experience.
½ January 8, 2016
Beautifully Animated Irish legend it's completely enthralling when you come across it; you can't look away. Doesn't oversell it either where many animated films can force a dramatic theme this is subtle and reverent. A striking backdrop is only added to by the great musical accompaniment.
December 24, 2015
Lovely and lyrical and poetic, but not fully engaging
December 21, 2015
Good story. I like the animation style it is very similar feel/look as song of the sea. I think this is a great film for families.
December 12, 2015
Beautifully animated movie. Doesn't hurt that it's Irish & the main character is named Brendan. Loved it.
November 20, 2015
One of my new favorites
November 8, 2015
A wonderful little animation with some very deep and clever ideas.