The Secret of Kells - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Secret of Kells Reviews

½ June 3, 2017
Stunning. The animation is very 2 dimensional and flat and I love it. The story is awesome but I think this film should be rated pg for many kids I show it to got scared really easily
April 16, 2017
I didn't know such a movie could exist. So incredibly nostalgic- kept me wanting to watch it over again.
April 4, 2017
Cinematic artwork. B+
March 17, 2017
Wonderfully artistic little animation - perfect for St Patricks Day. The fairy/little girl is called Ashling/Aisling.......
February 18, 2017
Charming, sophisticated and beautiful. Utterly magical and completely engrossing.
February 5, 2017
the movie is really good! it is good for all, and does not have cheese sounds or visuals. it has a vary good story line too!!

February 5, 2017
An excellent movie. The plot kept me interested through out the whole movie. What really got me intrigued was the animation. I have never seen animation where it looks like as though it was hand drawn. Everything looked like a drawing. The whole characterization was fantastic. You really feel the emotions that they try to portray. Overall it was an excellent movie.
½ December 7, 2016
When an animated movie tells you something about history, in a brilliantly beautiful way...
½ July 1, 2016
Absolutely amazing. The product of aesthetically appealing animation, an excellent story, & dense themes.
½ June 12, 2016
Very beautiful, nice story
May 14, 2016
A fantastical tale regarding the creation of an actual document from history. The patterns and colors come alive in an eye-catching way and the characters are straight-forward yet charming. The wonderful usage of Celtic music wraps this up as a brief, fun segue into what is "Irish".
May 1, 2016
A refreshingly new animation style for me, as the story blends Celtic and Irish mythology and history together in a great adventure. Also the element of the faith resounds with me personally.
March 26, 2016
'Secret of Kells' is a beautiful amalgamation of Irish myth and 2D animation.
½ February 29, 2016
There is so much to like here but the narrative feels a little undeveloped and the last fifteen minutes feels rushed and unsatisfying... It's definitely worth a watch though if only for the stunning animation.
½ February 28, 2016
The animation is gorgeous and unique. The characters are interesting. The story though didn't get to me as much as I thought it would and the pace was a bit slow by times. Overall though, I was amazed by the quality of the artwork/images in this movie.
February 24, 2016
I found this a little boring. I wasn't sure exactly what was at stake in the story, and while I deeply appreciate the film's technical achievements, loading so much expectation onto the big "reveal" at the end was bound to disappoint.
February 12, 2016
It's as cute as Diego, my boyfriend!
February 9, 2016
A true masterpiece, magnificent and not meant to be just seen but to behold. Every child should see this beautiful movie and have it to cherish and pass on to his children. I know I will.
February 8, 2016
My friend's kids wanted this movie off nine minutes in. If you can make it to the forest scene you should be good to go on a nice little adventure with simplistic animation. Be warned: This movie should be PG.... It's too violent to be G and kids may not be prepared for some of the themes.
January 23, 2016
"The Secret of Kells" la primera obra maestra de Tomm Moore es un bello relato lleno de mitología y magia cuyos personajes plasman con gran encanto y sentimiento. Una maravilla visual para todo amante de la animación.