The System (The Girl-Getters) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The System (The Girl-Getters) Reviews

September 25, 2016
Offbeat to begin with, it slowly becomes a conventional relationship story that actually mirrors the transition in the main character from a player to something else.
½ April 25, 2015
Kind of the British version of a teen film like "Where the Girls Are" crossed with Nicholas Ray. Michael Winner directs Oliver Reed and his Jersey Shore-like pals chasing rich girls in at a seaside vacation spot. The film is a lot edgier and more sexually overt than American teen films of the same time and that's what makes this film interesting. While Reed and his cad friends initially come to the resort town looking to have their way with tourist girls, the film takes an interesting turn when Reed comes to realize that it's them and not the rich tourists who are being exploited. It was also kind of interesting to see Reed as a roguishly handsome young man, as opposed to the large imposing Orson Welles-like figure I'm more used to seeing him as.
April 12, 2015
good UK 'angry young men" pic
March 3, 2009
It's that rare beast, a good Michael Winner movie! Oliver Reed heads a strong cast and Darlington gets a mention!
August 24, 2008
I absolutely adored this film and never imagine that I could enjoy an Oliver Reed performance more than that in Women in Love. The whole tempo if this film fits me like a glove.