The Big Wedding - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Big Wedding Reviews

½ August 2, 2016
Terrible terrible movie. Painful to think that people don't have the ability to stand up for what they believe in.
July 28, 2016
I didn't like that didn't stand up to the racist family.
July 20, 2016
An interesting premise but it fell through. The cast was well picked out though.
June 23, 2016
Often unrealistic and filled with countless cliches, but the cast is GREAT and they certainly give it a few real laughs. Not the best comedy, but it has a few scenes that make it worth a watch.
May 28, 2016
the story was fairly fun and even a little unpredictable. fluff is the first word that came to mind. looks like it was a lot of fun to be IN this movie and even for that, it was entertaining to watch this star-studded cast.
½ May 21, 2016
This movie [while being totally and completely irreverent] was hilarious; all while being thought-provoking and serious at the same time. I laughed and cried my way throughout this whole movie.
March 10, 2016
Such a funny movie... Liked it a lot
February 9, 2016
Good light hearted comedy, defo 1 4 the lady's, men wouldn't b tat bothered!!
½ January 23, 2016
A terrible waste of a talented cast.
January 12, 2016
Where was my rating ? did it yesterday already ! Only DE NIRO was funny enough ...7 well known actors is not enough to make a great movie
Oeps , seen again yesterday . Uhm just ok !
December 31, 2015
contrived and a poor plot, but somehow watchable if you can get over the first 20min but again gets silly by the end. at a strench I give 2 out of 5
December 16, 2015
This movie has a great mix of actors, so I expected to like it more than I did.

It didn't start out bad. There was something interesting going on here. For me it was the relationships and dynamics between Keaton's, DeNiro's, and Sarandon's characters.

As it got closer to the end, there was just a bit too much negative tension and piles of uncomfortable drama for my preference. I'm expecting a happy wedding finale and it's just not getting there.

With a title called The Big Wedding, I was hoping for something more light-hearted, something closer to My Big Fat Greek Wedding. This should've been called The Big Drama Wedding.
December 6, 2015
The Big Wedding walks an unflinchingly contrived tightrope, but thanks to the assured efforts of an effortlessly enchanting all-star cast and loads of charming, family-friendly fun buttressed by visually stunning scenery, it pulls off its more problematic areas with irrepressible energy and quick-witted, vibrant direction.
November 4, 2015
This movie truly shows that no matter how many terrific actors you choose to put in a movie like this, they still can't save a useless script.
The Big Wedding just wasn't funny, it could have been, but it wasn't. I think it was trying too hard to make people laugh and when you try too hard to make something happen, it rarely ends up being a good thing. The positive things often happen by chance, I hope the director and the screenwriter can learn something from this in the near future.
½ October 12, 2015
This was better than I had imagined it would be, but I think there were too many stories going on at once.
½ September 24, 2015
The big wedding features a huge star studded cast trying hard, but they can do little with such a pot boiled and laughless comedy that will bring few to the party.
½ July 27, 2015
Not funny, not entertaining and there was no Big Wedding, so I would have to say that this is not worth your time, money, or attention, even if some of the performances weren't all that bad, they just had nothing to work with. SKIP IT
½ July 17, 2015
It is not as bad as many movies
½ June 20, 2015
The worst movie ever!
½ May 18, 2015
Jesus Christ..... I was able to stomach 10 minutes of this piece of shit movie before I had to turn it off