The Blob Reviews

• May 08, 2019

'50's sci-fi horror movie about a gelatinous mass of shapeless, carnivorous goo from outer space. Irvin Yeaworth's cult classic The Blob starts off with one of my all time favorite movie theme songs. Written by Burt Bacharach and Mack David, "Beware of the Blob" is a catchy little number and perfectly sets up the tone for this bizarre b-grade horror flick. Though, I guess labeling the film a "b-grade" film is a bit of an understatement. Sure, it has a lot of elements that are similar to other sorts of films like this, but The Blob transcends these and makes a far more effective film that has a lot more life to it. "It creeps! It leaps! It slides, it glides across the floor!"

• Jan 27, 2019

The best thrilling movie ever made! With the best movie character ever portrayed: the title character (The Blob)!

• Dec 07, 2018

1.5/5. The Blob looks cool and there are some solid effects, but this movie is painfully slow and nothing of interest happens until the 3rd act.

• Oct 28, 2018

Boring and uninteresting. I had heard good things but the biggest blob was the movie itself.

• May 13, 2018

Classic teen drive in fare from the late 50s. Look what you could do on a shoestring with no CGI! Yes, small towns in the US were like that in the 1950s!

• Mar 09, 2018

Bad acting but still a classic. Just right amount creepyness to scare small kids.

• Nov 11, 2017

Funny, witty and silly at the same time and occasionally spooky this is a good old 50's monster horror movie, the genre which at the time had already begun to make fun of itself. I think this was a felicitous mix of teen and horror genres. Fun note: it's nice to see a homogeneous society gathered together to help each other and fend off the threat.

• Oct 31, 2017

Teenagers saving the day from a monster or other deadly menace despite their idiotic and blind parents and other adults was a common Drive In type movie of the time. The Blob is the King of these movies. I grew up in the area this was filmed. So my high rating might be biased, but I love the whole 'small' feel of the movie. Steve McQueen as a teenager is rough, but heck, it is Steve McQueen. He was absolutely the coolest of the cool in his era. He could also act instead of just acting cool. He was an intense guy on and off the screen. Watch this movie. I get a kick every time I see the inside of 'Jerry's Market' where I shopped with my mom every week as a kid.

• Aug 25, 2017

Classic, awesome, fun movie. It's a cheesy, b-horror flick, if you're a fan of the genre, you'll love it.

• Aug 25, 2017

The Blob is a gem of 50s Americana. Not as silly as the title would suggest, its more of a subtle sci fi. Steve McQueen doesn't give much indication that he's destined for greater things.