The Bourne Legacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bourne Legacy Reviews

August 30, 2017
Watched TV version but still pretty good.
August 7, 2017
If the original borne series did not exist I think rating would be much higher. The bar was set really high by Matt Damon. On its own its really a good movie with lots of action and good story line. I like the casting all except Ed Norton who overplayed the role and does not fit the part .
½ July 30, 2017
This is one of the most pitiful movies in the Bourne series. The story is unclear for over half the movie. Occasionally they talked about Jason Bourne and Blackbriar.
July 29, 2017
It's interesting how Jeremy Renner played in this movie he has played good in the Avengers movies just not this movie and the stupid thing is when I tried to watch it it was not in English no subtitles
July 17, 2017
I thought that it was a good ride.
July 10, 2017
jesus borne it's jason christ!
½ June 26, 2017
Jeremy Renner is good as Aaron Cross, but it is still not the same without Matt Damon. The action scenes are good but do not add anything new and this story is not as compelling as the Jason Bourne story.

5.4/10
½ June 25, 2017
This movie going to be awesome
June 18, 2017
"The Bourne Legacy" may not be the thriller the first three films managed to be. But, it's well written and very entertaining. Jeremy Renner and Rachel Weisz work well together on screen !
June 11, 2017
Interesting spinoff in the Bourne Universe.
½ June 8, 2017
not a patch on matt damons first three films has potential to go places with a better follow up perhaps with some good core ideas to further the storylines. this has moments that are either real good or very plodding and boring. Jeremy Rimmer good Rachel weiz annoying considering she is Mrs bond!
½ May 30, 2017
In a word: Meh. Renner doesn't do much more than look serious and blast his way through yet more government henchmen is this uninspired spin-off.
May 11, 2017
Despite what many critics say about this movie, it was really great. Just because it wasn't Matt Damon, doesn't mean this isn't a really good movie. The action is fabulous, the movie intense, and the concept first rate, give it a chance, you love it.
½ April 6, 2017
Benefits from Jeremy Renner's incredible talent
April 2, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: Many regard this as a real blip on the franchise's radar, but frankly for me 'The Bourne Legacy' is not only as gripping and exciting as its three excellent predecessors; it's actually up there with the best. Yes the more personal and character-driven nature of this installment actually evokes the increased feeling of intimacy you got from 'Identity,' as the pacing's breathing-room and the brand-new character arc (as well as Jeremy Renner's magnetic performance) really capture and engage the human side far more than most make out. This means the tense moments (of which there are many) feel just as significant and nail-biting as ever, and the great action - and explosive finale - are really brought home.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The side of the plot that this character stuff surrounds is certainly less developed and interesting than Paul Greengrass' more sophisticated efforts.
VERDICT: Driven by character and a great performance from Jeremy Renner, 'The Bourne Legacy' is more than a worthy entry to this brilliant series. It's a bloody great film of its own.
March 31, 2017
Rachel Weisz and Jeremy Renner are so wonderful together. Please make another movie with these two! Love this movie. Hate all of Matt Damon's Bourne films. He sucks in them.
½ March 14, 2017
"The Bourne Legacy" is the 4th instalment in the Bourne series, and I have to say it broke the streak of great Bourne movies. I think a lot of people do bash on this movie a little too much though, it still is an entertaining watch, however compared to the Matt Damon Bourne movies, this movie did not even compare. Jeremy Renner (Aaron Cross) did a very good job in his role as the "new Bourne" character, as I found him to be by far the best part of this movie. The part that lost me with "The Bourne Legacy" is the lack of authenticity that came with the Bourne movies, it just felt like a generic action movie, rather than part of a great film series. The pacing was also an issue for me, the excitement factor stayed at an overall sub-average level, and never really got really excited with a few rare exceptions. While "The Bourne Legacy" isn't as bad as a lot of people think, it is no better than an average action movie, and is only worth watching if you're bored.
½ March 9, 2017
I loved the action in it and the acting was alright... :D It's just the fact that the ending was stupid and the story didn't really seem to have a point... lets just say that this is the first time I actually ever wanted to get up and leave in the middle of the movie... :(
½ March 3, 2017
Not a real Jason Bourne movie without Jason Bourne, plus the movie relies too heavily on medication instead of people
February 20, 2017
This movie is lucky it was partly filmed in the Philippines. Without those scenes, I would give it 2 stars.