The Dark Knight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Reviews

February 23, 2018
One of the greatest superhero movie ever
February 21, 2018
how come black panther has ahigher score than this? BLACK PANTHER WAS SHIT!
February 21, 2018
Absolutely amazing. Heath Ledger was excellent as the Joker. This movie is action packed and is quite entertaining. The acting was great across the board. There is also a bit more here than just a superhero movie. The dynamic between the Joker and Batman is perfectly done. I do feel it has some flaws with the way they handled harvey dent. They really should have focused only on the joker rather than shoehorn another villain. But the greatness of everything else overshadows its flaws
February 20, 2018
People who haven't seen this movie HATES MOVIES
February 19, 2018
Best Super Hero Movie since Spiderman 2.
February 19, 2018
Awful film! Confusing plot line and the purpose of some characters are not clear.
February 17, 2018
I would give this masterpiece 5 stars, but Christian Bale's lisp takes me out of the movie every time. He normal;y has a lisp, yet someone decided that even though the cowl covered his nostrils, that his lisp wouldn't be that bad? If Ben Afflecks Batman got one thing right, it was the voice. The 4 stars is deserved. That lisp really reflects poorly on this trilogy.
February 17, 2018
Crime drama never looked so go. Morals never had a better battlefield. We've rarely ever had a greater villain.
February 16, 2018
What can I say? Just a perfect movie, a classic the moment it hit the screens.
February 16, 2018
If you want to watch, real and original super hero movies, this is the way to go. Bale, Cane, Ledger, Oldman, Freeman, Edhart, everything in the spot. Fantastic score by Heinz Zimmer just adds a cherry on the cake. Worthy sequel to Batman begins.
½ February 16, 2018
IT IS A VERY GOOD MOVIE
February 15, 2018
The Dark Night not only had some of the best movie performances for an action and adventure film, but it provides a complex plot and many three dimensional characters like Harvey Dent, The Joker, and Commissioner Gordon. The film also explores a variety of themes like control vs. chaos and chance vs. choice which add another layer of meaning behind the decisions each character makes. Additionally, Nolan made the risky yet brilliant idea to use IMAX to shoot most of the film. The result of this decision made movie history and gave the experience of watching the film a more realistic vibe. Moreover, one cannot view this film without noticing the sheer perfection that was Ledger's Joker. He was able to make every scene humorous and entertaining yet also profoundly unsettling. This Joker was an excellent example of the capabilities of a perverted mind. A beautiful film with exceptional content.
February 15, 2018
I cant say anything... This flim is just WOW WOW WOW Its so good!t this will last as one of Dcs Greatest Flims, its really one done, Heath ledger was amazing! its a entertaining Comic Movie, Its one of the best Dc flims, Amazing cast, Amazing script
February 12, 2018
One of the best, undeniably enduring superhero films that does more than most others.

Christian Bale returns to the role of Batman, Maggie Gyllenhaal takes over the role of Rachel Dawes (played by Katie Holmes in Batman Begins), and Brokeback Mountain star Heath Ledger dons the ghoulishly gleeful Joker makeup previously worn by Jack Nicholson and Cesar Romero. Just as it begins to appear as if Batman, Lt. James Gordon (Gary Oldman), and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) are making headway in their tireless battle against the criminal element, a maniacal, wisecracking fiend plunges the streets of Gotham City into complete chaos.

The sequel to "Batman Begins", "The Dark Knight" faces one of the greatest super villains in the history of comics paired with potentially the greatest super villain performance we've ever seen. I mean, this film has a couple of flaws for sure, but it's so awesome I don't really know where to begin. Not only is this one of my favorite superhero films, but it genuinely does so many things right that you just can't help but admire what Nolan did here.

One thing I love about this film are the characters. Let's talk about The Joker because that's an obvious one. Heath Ledger puts on a scary and extremely memorable performance as The Joker. At this point, it's hard to say it's overrated or talked about too much but his performance is one for the ages. I'm really bummed out about his passing (not recent), but he certainly leaves us with a performance we don't deserve. Christian Bale continues a strong performance as Batman, and Aaron Eckhart really puts in a top notch performance. Maggie Gyllenhaal does a good job as a replacement and the rest of the cast seemingly performs up to par. This film has a great cast led by Heath Ledger and even if you don't like this film, you can't deny the performances are great.

The entire concept and conflict here is so well done. The reason why The Joker is so amazing also relies on the fact that he tries to strip Batman's one moral. It becomes this psychological battle throughout the entire film and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. The action sequences are well done and throughout the entire film, you always feel uneasy because of the conflict they've created. It's an external struggle and an internal battle and it all shows up so well on screen.

What I really love about Nolan's trilogy so far is that he does a great job of world building. Gotham is a city in shambles and you constantly feel like anything can happen. There's thrills around every corner and the I love the suspense he's able to build throughout. You feel like the world is so well established and I love all the little elements that shows you the current condition of the city. Whether it's the imitation Batman's running around, the corrupt personnel in every corner, or just the dire nature of the city, everything comes together so well.

The screenplay is also really well written. For a film that has a decently long runtime, it never feels too long. Unlikes some blockbusters these days, the film was allowed to have a longer runtime and build up the world around Batman. It was allowed to explore the characters and bring us a brilliantly constructed narrative without feeling rushed. I feel like I'm constantly on my toes and wanting to see what happens next, while still being astonished and a little frightened by the severity of the events. It's so amazing what this film accomplishes psychologically and it also shows that superhero films can be dark, but still find success.

In the end, this is easily one of the best superhero films out there and continues a run of great art pieces from Nolan.
February 11, 2018
While the film itself is entertaining to an extent, the only reason I'd return to this film is to watch Heath Ledgers performance, but he's only in the film for less than more people want. The rest, is just undermined.
½ February 9, 2018
The best comic-based movie to date. Most of these blockbuster rely on only the large budget and star-studded cast for success, but are mediocre films overall. However, the Dark Night delivers thrills, chills and drama. It brings the comic book fantasy to reality and will not disappoint .
February 7, 2018
It gets better the more I watch it. It's very gripping and well made and Heath Ledger makes a great Joker.
February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 4
Age/Originality: 3
Total: 19/25
February 4, 2018
Arguably the best Batman movie ever made to this day. Amazing acting by Ledger, and Bale.
½ February 4, 2018
by far the best batman movie ever