The Dark Knight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Reviews

October 24, 2016
The Dark Knight is not just one the best superhero movies ever the dark knight is one of the best movie ever made
October 23, 2016
The Dark Knight is basically a perfect movie. It's performances are top notch especially Heath Ledger as the Joker. The plot and Joker's plan are brilliant , the cinematography and effects are beautiful and it has a deep message inside of it. This is the greatest comic book movie of all time.
October 20, 2016
Amazing movie with awesome story and action. The characters are amazing and I just love how the Joker never died, usually they kill the main villain, they didn't even catch him.
October 20, 2016
The best superhero film.
October 19, 2016
Many people consider "The Dark Knight" to be the best comic book movie ever made, in my opinion it's definitely one of them. I don't think it's any better than it's predecessor but it's just as good. It's feels very diferent. "Batman Begins" was an origin movie and "The Dark Knight" is a crime drama. Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker is legendary. This film in general is legendary. From the moment the movie starts to the moment it ends your onbourd with everything that's going on. This film is definitely a masterpiece.

10/10 - Masterpiece
October 18, 2016
Best batman best joker movie ever. The Joker was my favorite character by far. Heeth Ledger is a beast in this masterpiece !!
October 16, 2016
The Dark Knight takes place after the events in Batman Begins, with the introduction of Gotham City's newest villain: The Joker. Joker is played by Heath Ledger in this film, and he kills it as the iconic Batman villain. He deserves a whole paragraph to himself, so more on him soon. Pretty much everyone reprises their roles from Batman Begins, but there was a recast on the character of Rachel Dawes. Usually, I don't understand recasts, especially if I enjoyed the original actor/actress, but I actually think Maggie Gyllenhaal was better than Katie Holmes. This film also focused more on that character than its predecessor, so when Rachel ended up dying, it was more emotionally complex.

Heath Ledger as the Joker is without a doubt the best part of the film. He is truly the best villain I've seen in a comic book movie, and brought a new type of terror to the city of Gotham. Unlike Jack Nicholson's Joker in the 1989 Batman, this Joker is much more focused on his goals and isn't as silly and comedic as Nicholson's. Villains should be seriously motivated, and not by parading around an art museum blasting Prince from a boombox.

Also, the film does a great job of juggling the complexity between Joker and another villain, Two-Face, who is played by Aaron Eckhart. In the film, Harvey Dent has a key role in the stopping of Joker, and works with Batman and Jim Gordon to stop him. Over the course of the film, he begins to show more and more signs of becoming evil, and after he and Rachel are captured (the latter being killed), he falls on the right side of his face into a puddle of lighter fluid. After being rescued, his face catches fire and burns, becoming a turning point in his journey. But Joker manipulates him into seeking vengeance, and Dent becomes a true threat. Two-Face is actually not the villain for a very long time, being killed by Batman at the end of the film. But he's given enough time to prove himself as a worthy foe, not just to Batman, but to the citizens of Gotham as well. I have no problems with this movie, and love it dearly.
October 16, 2016
trying to find one bad thing in this Christopher Nolan film is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. except 50x bigger.
October 15, 2016
Excelent casting and characters well developed, police and realistic atmosphere, well efects and scenarios, excelent plot, great soundtracks and great narrative...

Simply, the best movie I've ever seen. But has something bad? Yes, if you are a loyal fan of the Batman's cómics, you'll be not very happy with some details, but the way it is done will make you forget.
October 15, 2016
Amazing second instalment. Brilliant for adults and children. Top performances from all the cast. Heath Ledger RIP. Nailed it as the Joker. Excellent on Blu ray.
October 14, 2016
Loved it!! The Dark Night was honestly one of the best movies I've ever seen, if not the best. The entire movie is amazing from beginning to end. Definitely Heath ledger's best performance. RIP
October 12, 2016
Without a doubt one of the most groundbreaking sequels ever made! Heath Ledger has definitely created an iconic Joker for the ages! It's the late actor's best performance and definitely most talked about. Which is a shame in some ways.
½ October 11, 2016
One of the best super hero movies ever made. One of the best films ever made. It's so good that it kinda transcends its own franchise in a way. I don't even feel like I'm watching the superhero known as Batman, but rather am just watching an expertly crafted crime thriller.
October 10, 2016
The Dark Knight goes beyond what was ever done in the genere thanks to the genius of Christopher Nolan and to the amazing acting performances that this piece of art can offer: Heath Ledger offers a mind-blowing performance that is likely to be never overtaken by any joker in the near future.
October 9, 2016
October 8, 2016
Fantastic the best superhero movie there is
October 6, 2016
This movie lives up to its full potential, even to this day. It has an ambitious hero and a great villain duo, while the story line still holds up.
October 5, 2016
The paragon for Batman movies. This movie has everything to be called a must-see Batman blockbuster, well maybe except Harley Quinn.
½ October 5, 2016
This movie is a serious adaptation of batman that works. Unlike Man of Steel the serious tone works. I could talk for days about this movie, but I like to keep my reviews short so I'll come right out and day that the dark knight is a masterpiece.
October 5, 2016