The Dark Knight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Reviews

½ July 26, 2017
Heath Ledger delivers a phenomenal performance of The Joker. This is an intelligent, philosophical film that questions the line between right and wrong. Although, I do not think Heath Ledger is the best part or the only good part of the movie. Overall, this is a great crime/ drama film that is definitely worth watching.
½ July 26, 2017
The Best DC Movie, and the Super Hero movie with the Best Performances (Joker was amazing) and the best Writting i've seen!
July 25, 2017
A timeless classic; The Dark Knight is superb, untouchable, and is a role model for any superhero movie to come.
July 24, 2017
Terrific story, terrific performance by Heath Ledger, we have never seen a superhero movie like this ever, and it will stand the test of time. Mind you, I didnt find it perfect, I felt the 3rd act of the film to be poorly executed and long (not counting anything involving Two-Face)
The Best Superhero Movie
July 24, 2017
As we all know by now, Christopher Nolan is a dominant name in the modern filmmaking. His films combine all the elements in filmmaking such as complex storytelling, brilliant cinematography, and stunning practice action sequences. Nolan's name has been around Hollywood before 2008, but The Dark Knight has driven his name to the top level of filmmakers, and since then he can do whatever he wants.

During the 2000s, superhero movies are becoming the new money-making machine for major studios. However, there was an up-and-down in this genre. When Batman Begins was released, the world met the new approach to this genre. However, the true game-changer that provides the new perspective and new definition of the superhero genre is The Dark Knight. Everything that we believe has changed forever, and it has become the new highest standard in this genre. There are few movies that ever come this close, including Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises, and Logan.

The plot of this film is unbelievably complex and realistic. During that time, none of the superhero films have this kind of story, and their plot is very straightforward. However, Nolan took it to the whole new level by taking out unnecessary subjects that could ruin the movie and replace them with a darker tone, more realistic elements, and complex characters. He testifies the definition of hero by showing and letting the protagonists and antagonists do what is right and wrong in their perspectives, and the results might not be as we expected. By allowing them to come close to the line that divides them from one another, we can see how similar they are.

Batman is a character from the comic as well as others in this film, but all the characters are realistic as hell. Their motivation is legit and their standpoints are clear. The Joker is the energy behind all characters. He tears the the heroes apart. He is the one who change Harvey Dent into evil of his own. He destroys Gotham's hope and convinces them that Batman is nothing but like him. In addition to Batman and the Joker, their relationship is very fascinating. Yes they are rival, but the bond they have throughout the entire runtimes is speechless. Without the Joker, Batman wouldn't be anything but just a guy in a dark costume. The same can be said to the Joker. He even says it himself that without Batman, his mission to terrorize the city would be useless if no one stand to protect it. Nolan makes us care more about the stories and motivations of people behind the masks as much as we care about them when they put the masks on.

All of the action sequences in Christopher Nolan's films look practical from every angle. In The Dark Knight, all action sequences are practical. Nolan uses as less as CGI as possible, for as we know the CGI can make the sequences less effective. The scenes with the truck, the exploding, and the hospital are real, which make them even more awesome when we know the facts.

The success of Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy is beyond any definition. Many movies try to follow his footsteps, especially DCEU and Zack Snyder. They try so hard to duplicate Nolan's works by making their new films more realistic and darker. However, none of them have received the same criticism as The Dark Knight Trilogy has. That is because it's not about how realistic the film is or how the tone is, but because of the structures, the story, and the scenes. Nolan understands this concept and masters his works while others who try to copy his works struggle.

There is nothing bad I could say regarding this film. Every single minute I invested into this film is full of excitement, amaze, and tears of joy. Christopher Nolan understands what it needs to be done. The Dark Knight is one of the most critically and commercially successful film. The film that is so perfect in every way possible. We can't even imagine how superhero of the other genres can surpass this madness.
July 23, 2017
I love this movie so much such great action and a great story line and tons of great characters this movie was one of my favorite batman movies
July 23, 2017
Very good but emoji movie is better
July 23, 2017
my all time favorite movie. it's just not a movie, it's an experience
July 21, 2017
Great movie. Awesome direction, screenplay and performances
July 21, 2017
Best movie of all time in my opinion
July 21, 2017
best film and outstanding ever made. so incredible
Masterpiece of christopher nolan & Heath Ledger Performance.
July 21, 2017
no one can touch this film
½ July 20, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: Few films leave as much to admire as 'The Dark Knight' does, but the sheer fact that Nolan's second Batman venture is such a heady ideas-movie that's driven by such impressive spectacle means that you'll be looking up at whichever screen you're watching it on with the utmost admiration throughout. Yes for a start this film genuinely features some of the most well-choreographed action set pieces and some of the most technically impressive elements of any blockbuster ever put to film as it often immerses you with incredible visual splendour and beautifully raw sound design to accompany the energy and brilliance of the incredible cast. But whilst that's clearly a huge achievement, the main point of admiration for this film really lies with its thematic foundations, for this is a film that doesn't just discuss and interrogate its themes, but one that appears to be entirely based on them where every character and decision represents a key part in a very intricate and interesting social puzzle.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Equally however the fact it is such an ideas-based movie, and the fact these ideas are mostly rather conceptual, means that character and emotional development largely get left behind. Now it doesn't have to work like that - look no further than Nolan's other filmography to see ideas and engagement thriving together - but the problem here is that our characters are really just physical representations of conceptual ideas within a narrative that they largely govern themselves. As a result, whilst you definitely watch in awe, you equally do so with very little engagement in what's unfolding outside of each swooping set-piece.
VERDICT: So yes, I'm one of those annoying fools who thinks 'The Dark Knight' is a touch overrated. It's an admirable film without a doubt, but it's also a flawed one in many ways.
July 20, 2017
The plot works very well, good script, strong acting, and Heath Ledger making a terrifying appearance as Batman's Arch Enemy.
July 20, 2017
What a phenomenal work of cinema.Everything from The Story,action,villains,score & more The dark knight has great acting and a amazing story from beginning to end.
July 19, 2017
Christopher Nolan creates a fantastic super hero movie. Great action and suspense, as well as fine acting! The Joker is incredibly good, and Batman lives up to high expectations.
So superior to most of the juvenile action movies being churned out from 2010-2017
½ July 19, 2017
The second film in the trilogy with Christian Bale as Batman. In this film, the clear winner of the trilogy, enters the infamous Joker (Heath Ledger) and even a look in at the life of Two Face (Aaron Eckhart) and how he came to be.
A trilling film from the beginning with surprises and action in every nook of the storyline, once you think it's okay another twist gets thrown at you. From the games and sheer evil genius of The Joker to the chance and thrills produced by Two Face, The Dark Knight proves to be one of the very best Batman movies of all time
One thing that I thought was totally sick was the sort of "echolocation" tracking device Batman created.
Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker was one to remember, especially since he was the first actor/actress to win an Oscar award starring in a superhero film. RIP

"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."
July 19, 2017
Personally my favourite superhero film in history. Not only does it possess exciting action sequences and a simple but exciting story, the Dark Knight also indulges the audience in what is not just a great superhero film but an exciting crime film. Not to mentioned the oscar winning performance from Heath Ledger as the Joker, bringing a whole new chapter to the movie with his psychopathic, dark and brilliant portrayal of the Joker. Dark knight as a whole is beautifully directed by Chris Nolan and is sure to "put a smile on that face" of yours
July 18, 2017
My favorite superhero movie.