The Dark Knight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Reviews

½ May 22, 2018
I know there's a lot of deep love out there for this film, but while I like it, I don't love it. There's a lot of things to like about it, but ultimately it feels like a huge weighty apparatus balancing on a very slim foundation. In particular, I kind of hate the last half hour of this film. The climax rests on a the Joker having a "plan" that's utterly ludicrous and requires dozens of precariously implausible events to fire off exactly in the right order. That Nolan tries to mine important things from such ridiculous pulp nonsense kind of offends me. Ledger really is a great Joker. Bale is boring Batman. He's the least interesting character in his own film.
May 21, 2018
The Dark Knight easily takes over the audience with it's brilliant characters and plot lines - crafting amazing dialogue, pacing and shots. Heath Ledger truly shines as the Joker, proving the villain of the movie really does make the film. The amazing stars who are cast in this film pull off what may just probably be one of the best films of all time. No longer does Batman feel like a Superhero flick anymore - but truly like a high stakes drama that tests our philosophy, morals and our very existence of society.
½ May 19, 2018
I enjoyed the Joker bits but Christian Bale was just a bore. Boor. Boorish and boring. The huge chunks of philosophical exposition are sub-high school level and are just tedious and onthenose. Give me action. Give me fun. And if it ain't action or fun, cut it.
½ May 18, 2018
By far, the best Batman movie.
May 18, 2018
Improving upon the previous film, "The Dark Knight" features gritty psychological undertones, and Heath Ledger's career defining performance, all while becoming the greatest superhero film ever made.
May 18, 2018
This is exactly how I wanted to see Batman and the Joker.
May 16, 2018
The greatest superhero movie of all time.With the greatest performance in Heath Ledger as Joker. Nuff Said
May 16, 2018
Best superhero movie to date, best story, best villian, best twist
May 16, 2018
Still the best movie ive seen.
May 14, 2018
This is one of my favorite movies. Amazing characters and scenes, the story is pretty good and exciting.
May 14, 2018
This is one of my favorites movies, amazing charterers and scenes. The story is pretty good and exciting.
May 13, 2018
While Heath Ledger will undoubtedly go down as the greatest live-action iteration of the Joker, and should be used as a character analysis for the character. Nothing else about the movie was any good, Bale's Batman was a throat cancer-filled yawn-fest as usual, Aaron Eckhart was so unmemorable as Two-Face I actually had to look up who played him, I really couldn't tell who that was, or who he was trying to be. And then, we have Gary Oldman, who I like, I'm a big fan of, I like Sirius Black, I liked him as Winston Churchill, in this film he seems determined to be as boring as possible.
May 12, 2018
Great performances from all the actors.
½ May 12, 2018
best comic book movie ever by far
May 11, 2018
A rare flawless film. This film is just so good. I have watched it multiple times and have been super impressed every time. Easily the best comic book movie ever made and above all an absolute stone cold classic movie.
Nolan set everything in motion in the previous film so like the Empire strikes back, we just jump into the action and it is all the better for it.
Heath Ledger is terrifying and totally believable as the hired mob enforcer out to get Batman and destroy the sense of protection he has over the citizens of Gotham.
This film is dark and very complex with a baddie that is more in line with Hans Gruber's man with a plan than the usual cartoon villain in a comic book movie.
May 2, 2018
The Dark Knight, arguably the most faithful to Detective Comic's most recognizable and prolific good guy/bad guy dualities, Batman and the Joker. Health Ledger, who posthumously received the Academy Award for Best Supporting actor, delivers the most prolific, darkest and most disturbing version of the clown prince of crime to date. While Caesar Romero gave us the original antagonist to Adam West's Batman and Mark Hamill is beyond a doubt THE VOICE of the Joker, Ledger delved into deep psychological waters to give a performance that scared everyone on set during filming. His slinking body language, his painted facial expression and gravely voice made what this film is to many Joker fans, the pinnacle of the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy. The quick cuts, the labyrinth of plot twists and even the infra-sound keeps returning audiences on their toes. The only bad thing about this film is the fact that Ledger died during post-production. Thus, never giving us the added villainy of The Dark Knight Rises but also robbing us of Ledger's chance to deliver the one line that epitomizes the Joker's relationship with Batman; "Without Batman, crime has no punchline."
Dark Epic and unforgettable
May 2, 2018
Simply one of the best movies of all time, end of.
May 1, 2018
Heath Ledger is simply fantastic as the Joker.
April 30, 2018
JUST PERFECT!!! Sooo well balanced in action, humour, violence, emotions etc. So well cut! And it has a thrilling soundtrack.