The Dark Knight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Reviews

May 26, 2017
I Really Like Heath Ledger's Performance As The Joker.
May 25, 2017
Most Favourite movie of all time
½ May 24, 2017
Phenomenal acting by Heath Ledger, great screenplay by Jonathan Nolan, and a perfect direction by Christopher Nolan makes The Dark Knight the best comic book movie to date.
May 24, 2017
Heath Ledger gives an unparalleled performance as the Joker. The entire cast is excellent, but Ledger's Oscar-winning performance makes this movie a true masterpiece.
May 23, 2017
This is my favorite movie of all time.
May 23, 2017
So despite the fact I think Batman (1989) is the best Batman Movie, The Dark Knight is still in my opinion in the top 10 best movies ever made. Through all the ups and downs, it almost didn't seem like there were much possibilities in film for him anymore. Batman Begins was good, but it wasn't Ground Breaking in anyway, and it still fell flat when it came to the action and villains. Dark Knight not only fixed that, but took comic book movies to a whole new level. When comic films were kind of seen as kid stuff, Dark Knight won over everybody with its adult imagery, adult ideas, adult acting, and adult intensity. This is the film that launched so many famous lines, so many incredible action scenes, so many suspenseful moments. It was the first time since the 1989 Batman that people were saying, "Oh, my God! That was an amazingly badass Batman movie!" It pulled no punches and went all out with how dark it could go. But it also carried many themes of duality, sacrifice, and anarchy. This showed not only could comic book movies be big bucks, but it could be gigantic bucks. And it didn't have to talk down to people or make it too kid-friendly. It could represent the original dark material the way it was meant to be represented. The film borrowed from dozens of famous Batman stories, but still brilliantly managed to stay its own thing as well. Its dark edge got under people's skin so much that not only was this the first comic film to receive a Best Actor Academy Award, but it was also the first award to be given after the actor passed away. It knocked down all barriers and said there's something to these comic book stories; you just have to use the right people who understand it. It said proudly and confidently why these movies should be taken seriously
May 20, 2017
Somber, stylistic, meditative and engaging, The Dark Knight is that rare film, which finds stability and greatness in remaining true to its novel origins, while also daringly incorporating its own elements in thought and in craft.
½ May 20, 2017
What else can I say? No, really, what else can I say? Nothing. You already know. The Joker is terrifying, Batman himself is awesome, and the setting is spectacular! Its almost as good as Batman and Robin! LOL
May 19, 2017
I love all of the Batman series movies, neither the dark Knight.The movie nerver runs out of steam. I thought the Joker is the actor ,and the Batman is support. The Joker`s costume and performance actress is awesome,it made me deep moving ; no one could able to competition with Joker. I never forgot the scene ,that is Jokers say `` Why so series ?``.It is Classic. We could see many human nature in the film,that was so impressive to me.The film with a tight plot and great characters, this movie was epic.
May 15, 2017
With one the finest supporting performances ever thanks to the brilliant and sinister Joker portrayed brilliantly by Heath Ledger, the Dark Knight is one of the finest sequels ever made, and broods with realism and a truly twisted nature as the Joker torments Batman internally and physically in what is the best superhero movie ever made.
May 14, 2017
There's nothing else to say about The Dark Knight that nobody else has said. It's incredible. It's the greatest superhero movie ever made. It morally breaks our hero, blurring the line between good & evil, and all of that realized by the best Joker we have ever seen, and will never see on screen again.
May 10, 2017
One of my favorite movies of all time. This movie shows how the Dark Knight is mentally pit against the Joker. I would highly recommend this movie
½ May 7, 2017
A dark, complex and unforgettable movie with great perfomances !
May 6, 2017
The best superhero movie with an exquisite touch of realism...so dark, complex and terrifying(the JOKER specially is!!!!). This movie just shows us that comic books are more than what we think they are; you just need a complex mind as NOLAN to see it.
May 6, 2017
Hands down, the best CBM of all time. Every time i watch this movie, I still get goosebumps, cold feet, and an irregular heart rate.
May 2, 2017
Now batman is a good movie I really like joker played by Heath ledger joker is so creepy and mysterious he all ways says to people why so serious!! Joker makes a good villain in this movie and Christian Bale does a good job playing Batman! This was such a good movie
April 29, 2017
The dark Knight is probably the best superhero movie ever made, in my opinion everything about this movie is great this is probably Christopher Nolan's best movie ever, The dark Knight has been said to be one of the greatest movies ever made her along with the one of the greatest trilogies ever made since there isn't much competition, it's a great movie, it's a masterpiece. It's everything I wanted it to be and more. Everything about this movie is fantastic. There is nothing wrong with this movie, and that's why it's one of the greatest movies ever made.
April 28, 2017
Purely amazing with no flaws at all!
I know I can't be biased by the fact everyone always says it's amazing, but that is because it truly is. The joker, heath ledger, was just pure genius. The character in general is the most compelling and complex thought aching in the back of your mind. The slight twist of "why so serious?" Just adds to the complexity and keeps you at the edge of your seat. In my opinion the joker in general is the best character ever created and deserves his own movie. Jared Leto had a hard time living up to the hype of Heath ledger and that's because he just wasn't as good. This movie deserves all good ratings and I have literally never met someone who didn't enjoy every aspect of the movie. I hope in future years someone can make another joker for the big screen as genuine and astonishing as Heath ledgers.
April 26, 2017
Raised the bar not only for superhero movies but how we view the Villan. This much enfasis on the antagonist actually made the highest points of the film to be the ones where joker steals the scene. And I think with Nolan, he wanted audiences to connect with the Villan more than the hero. This movie really did take the genre by storm.
April 26, 2017
It's more than just a comic book movie , it articulates the facets of what it means to be a "hero".....and demonstrates Batmans weaknesses , which makes home more relatable it's a story of two opposing forces, and Heath Ledger did a phenominal job with his character....in the movie joker is an excellent villain: not just because of his reputation but he's able to make Batman decide difficult decisions that Batman has no control over .....it's brilliantly directed, and it's a great movie because it's grounded, realistic, and NOT predictable by any means (anything could of happen), and a true movie goer who has passion for cinema will appreciate this films detail that it provides, and the movie itself