The Dark Knight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Reviews

January 15, 2017
The only 5-star superhero movie in the history of superhero movies. It's quality.
January 14, 2017
One of the best crime dramas of all time. *great movie
January 14, 2017
Not only the greatest comic book film ever made, but one of the greatest Sequels ever made.
January 13, 2017
Batman is a good film.
January 11, 2017
The dark knight is a good movie I like the joker as The villain joker is funny, and scary, sarcastic it was a good Choice to have joker as the villain! Nothing can go wrong with having joker. And to face is in this movie as well, but I like joker more. There where funny parts of joker that made me laugh a lot! I like how joker say why so Serious!!! And much more. Now I'm a Batman fan and what I did when I heard about this movie I watch the trailer and loved the trailer a lot so I chose to see the movie and it was what I expected!! My favorite characters were Batman and Joker. Can Batman win over joker? Find out!!!
½ January 11, 2017
Cinematography & Editing - 9.5
Soundtrack/Score & Set Design - 9.5
How much I enjoyed it personally - 9.5
January 7, 2017
There's a reason this is heralded as the best Batman movie, even the best comic book movie, and it's not just because of the late Heath Ledger's wonderful performance. While that is indeed the highlight of the movie, the truly effective attributes are the subtleties in the background. The cinematography in this film is wonderful, a constant movement of the camera gives it a feel of naturalism. It's also very impressive how they kept this feature subtle, never moving to the point of distraction. Character intent is also done brilliantly through visual and auditorial hints. In the scene where Gordon enters Dent's office, there is no chair on the opposite of the desk. This showcases Dent's inability to face problems and his distaste for opinion based justice, favouring instead what's 'fair.' The score also adds to the naturalistic feel of the film, by using a lot of minimalistic music, it gives just the right amount to trigger the audience's emotion and therefore involvement. So while all the technical aspects are wonderful, how does the acting hold up. Well, Heath Ledger bathes in everything that makes the Joker who he is, Michael Cain and Morgan Freeman both understand their place as the emotional anchors that keep Bruce down and Aaron Eckhart does a good job of playing the Harvey part of Two-Face. Unfortunately, Christian Bale, with his utterly ridiculous voice, and unemotional portrayal of Bruce Wayne does let it down a little, The writing also seems to misunderstand the character of Two-Face, in the way that they forget he is psychologically Two-Faced, the real base of his character. Despite these problems, The Dark Knight is still an incredibly involving and powerful movie, and the best Batman has to offer.
January 4, 2017
probably my favorite movie of all time it was fantastic i especially loved the joker performance by heath ledger. RIP
January 3, 2017
Quite brilliant cinematography and acting. However, too dark and too little difference between good and evil for this viewer.
January 2, 2017
Great movie. Awesome direction, screenplay and performances
½ December 30, 2016
This is a movie that you find your eyes being glued to, not wanting to miss a single moment of what may happen next. Especially with the Joker in particular. His character is so unpredictably insane and genius, making for a hell of a showdown between Batman and he. Ledger's fascinating performance even helps overcome Bale's bizarre raspy Batman-talk.
December 29, 2016
Bajo la dirección de Nolan una pelicula llena de intriga y emoiones un gran y ambisiosa adaptación alabada sea la actuación Del joker
December 28, 2016
Honestly the best movie I have ever seen Nolan's dark take on Batman is perfect and Heath Ledger created a character that can never be replaced. The Joker was an amazing character that will forever be remembered as Ledger went all method and exceeded expectations. Bale provided just what everyone wanted with Batman. A dark hero but still refused to kill. The storyline of Harvey Dent is perfect and Nolan knew exactly how to portray every character and found the perfect actors. He basically saved the Batman movie franchise from corny puns and we should all thank him for not letting Batman completely plunge into stupid scripts.
December 28, 2016
Geez. Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) makes it seem like this is some sort of God's creation. For me, this movie is just good, not amazing.
December 27, 2016
Masterpiece. Nolan's finest, possibly his only film that could beat "Memento"
December 27, 2016
The dark Knight is probably one of the best superhero movies ever made, in my opinion everything about this movie is great this is probably Christopher Nolan's best movie ever, The dark Knight has been said to be one of the greatest movies ever made her along with the one of the greatest trilogies ever made since there isn't much competition
December 25, 2016
I am so glad Warner Bros had made the best D.C. Movie ever!
December 24, 2016