The Deer Hunter Reviews

• 1d ago

This Vietnam War-era drama about a group of friends from Pittsburgh and their intense, harrowing experiences as soldiers is an unforgettable and even somewhat traumatizing cinematic experience.

• Mar 25, 2021

Despite having excellent performances and very good direction, this movie is very boring and has too much filler.

• Mar 07, 2021

The film is literally excellent, but how it described Vietnamese people, which is us is unacceptable. How is a soldier of Vietnam could kill their own people. They play the game that kills people by luck. I like this film, but I can't just accept it.

• Feb 01, 2021

I was much younger when I watched The Deerhunter for the first time. But I knew it would be one of the most impactful films of my life. American people send our soldiers off to war and count the days until they return so life can be the same again. But it never will. And nowhere else have I seen this so poignantly portrayed than in this film. If you really want to know the cost...the true cost of war please watch this movie. Make sure you bring the tissues. The cast was incredible, every single one.

• Jan 18, 2021

After so many years it looks like outdated

After so many years it looks like outdated

• Nov 21, 2020

A hard-hitting classic from the post-Vietnam War era, The Deer Hunter should speak to us about our heritage and where we've been as human beings from the greatest country in the world. If you watch the final scene and feel it is somehow poking a stick in America's eye, then maybe you've missed the point. It is about Americans doing what Americans did for the first 200 years of this country's existence and how, even in times of great sorrow and tremendous loss, people will still revere her and fight to protect her.

• Nov 19, 2020

3 hours of awesomeness, good acting, nice war elements for the great story, and was a simple and effective film overall.

• Nov 08, 2020

A rare Vitenam movie that's not about action, but still manages to be one of the heaviest to watch

• Nov 02, 2020

An epic classics fantastically played by the trio of De Niro, Walken and Streep. Meticulously detailed scenes of peaceful life versus the war and post-war sequences produce an unspeakably deep impact, making the viewer to revise his attitude to war all at once. The Russian roulette scenes are just the legacy of the cinema.

• Oct 21, 2020

A+: indy spirit meets Hollywood epic. Easily the best work by Deniro, Walken and Streep. Best film on the Vietnam conflict's casual destruction of precious humanity and friendship's sacrifice.