The Endless Reviews

• Sep 11, 2019

2 brothers go BACK to the weird UFO cult camp that they've already escaped to experience the time loop of death.

• Sep 10, 2019

I lost 2 hours of my time :/

I lost 2 hours of my time :/

• Sep 04, 2019

Amazing, would love more movies like this. Spooky but not gorey.

Amazing, would love more movies like this. Spooky but not gorey.

• Aug 23, 2019

This is original, mind-bending sci-fi at its best. I saw this film last year, and I'm still thinking about it. It keeps you on your toes throughout, and it's one of those rare films that ends as something completely different to what you thought it was in the first third. An unexpected diamond in the rough, similar to Primer and Dark City. Don't watch any trailers, read reviews, or Wiki it. Just watch it. You won't regret it. P.s. This is my first review, from a lazy git, one year on from first watching it. To raise that audience score closer to where it belongs.

• Aug 03, 2019

The first two minutes of the movie immediately put me off as the acting was amateurish and the dialogue was forced. I am in complete disbelief at some of the proclamations of "masterpiece" and "very scary". There were some interesting concepts, but the execution was fairly poor and without suspense. There was too much stupidity (revisiting a cult that you escaped from as a child is beyond idiotic), and why is everyone the same age as the protagonists who escaped as children? Who were the leading figures when these people were children? Why are there people their age that are offering advice and consultation? The "lead" cult guy should've been at least 10-15 years older to have any kind of feeling of authority. I can't find budget figures for this movie, but that was an area where it shined a bit, even if the CGI was not impressive. Characterization of the mysterious characters was hackneyed and made little sense. I never want to hear "House of the Rising Sun" again, as it was used terribly throughout. Also, did I mention that the two leads should never act or write again?

• Jul 30, 2019

This film beautifully builds suspense to a fever pitch, only to give away its main twist far too soon. Throughout the first act, "The Endless" thrills with the lack of knowledge. The audience is kept in the dark, with only some clues giving any sort of idea of what exactly is goin on with this cult. Some feel that the build is too slow, but that is its charm, delving into characters and their interactions with one another without revealing its true secrets. However, the disappointment comes with the realization of the over-arching plot. Not that it is a bad one, but that it is laid out too obviously, and far too early. Still, the end is passible and will leave you thinking if not for a moment.

• Jul 12, 2019

This movie is too long and pretentious. Amateur actors. Seems like it’s trying to be weird. Don’t waste your time. Interesting premise that all.

• Jul 05, 2019

This movie reminds me why I love cinema. Such a great indie Sci-fi film. Clever and engaging

• Jun 20, 2019

Nobody is making films remotely like Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead. Their aesthetic are one of a kind, their dialogue is distinct and their stories are riddles waiting to be unraveled. In THE ENDLESS, the writer/director duo's third feature together, they vie for triple threat status as they step in front of the camera to play brothers who escaped a cult only to be drawn back into its circle of influence. This is their knottiest narrative to date, relies on visual effects that can be pretty hit or miss and serves as a stealth sequel to their superior debut, RESOLUTION, a film I am much more inclined to recommend to adventurous cinephiles as a gateway into the BMCU (Benson+Moorhead Cinematic Universe).

• Jun 14, 2019

Tripping, dipping and gripping. Both Benson and Moorehead continue to exhibit oddles of talent on $150 budgets. One of these days someone's going to give them a boatload of money so they can make a proper masterpiece and I (for one) will gladly pay to see it.