The Hangover Part III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hangover Part III Reviews

½ May 7, 2017
Wtf happened to this movie franchise? Awful attempt at action indtead the of a comedy.
April 17, 2017
I don't know why you all hate on this this is the best movie ever who cares about critics' opinions. 10/10
½ April 6, 2017
This third installment of The hangover series goes in a total different direction. which is good...
March 26, 2017
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
½ February 20, 2017
Grade: B. A great step up from the disappointment that was "The Hangover Part II".
½ February 18, 2017
Mean spirited and distasteful.
February 15, 2017
Very fun for mature audience
February 5, 2017
Not as good as the first two but still a good addition if your wanting a laugh. Original cast still so all good.
February 4, 2017
I actually did not mind this sequel. I liked how they tried something different and it actually worked.

The only problem I had was this movie felt more of a heist/crime movie than a comedy. But nonetheless, it is a solid sequel and a good way to end the trilogy.
January 31, 2017
Irregardless of what the Critics Consensus has to say about this intensively hilarious part 3, to the other 2 Gut Busting Comedies, that I personally can not get enough of, I loved this movie. As a matter of fact, I just watched this goodie last night, probably for like the 28th time, and it never fails to make me laugh so hard, that I almost hurl. The cast for this dynamic Trio is to die for, they couldn't have picked a better bunch! I give this movie the Big 2 thumbs up, with a bright and shiny 5 Star!!
January 22, 2017
Worst movie in the Hangover franchise. Not as funny and entertaining as the first two movies.
½ December 20, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: The Second Part to this franchise was just a rehashing of the first film, but here some originality is finally sought in the form of a new plot and character developments that tie back to the first film whilst bringing the franchise forward. 'The Hangover Part III' now feels fresh so the audience can really get down to enjoying the twists and turns (and the hilarity) of a gritty and honourable sequel.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It still can't quite live up to the first because the original idea was just golden. A rehashing failed, but a new leap forward still can't quite deliver in the same way.
VERDICT: Cut out the second, this is what the sequel should have been like. It's probably the best it could have been all things considered.
½ December 6, 2016
The Hangover Part III is an unnecessary sequel to an unnecessary sequel.

The things they did better than Part 2 were putting the crew back in Vegas, and coming up with an original plot that wasn't an exact replica of the first movie. Galifianakis and Jeong are funny and are still the highlights, but there aren't any Pros beyond that.

Unfortunately, the story seems very forced, there aren't that many surprises, and the stakes never feel as high as the other movies. It seemed like they spent too much time trying to tie up loose ends and give happy endings to the characters, which seems pretty unnecessary for what should have been a fast-paced raunchy comedy.
½ November 25, 2016
About on par with the second Hangover. Funny, but obviously nothing tops the first.
November 10, 2016
I thought this film was the best out of all the hangover films
November 4, 2016
Good Wolfpack movie and much better than Part II.
October 27, 2016
Part 1 & 2 are waaaaay better!!!
½ October 25, 2016
The wolf pack is back and with no wedding or bachelor party, what could possibly go wrong?

In the wake of Alan's (Zach Galifianakis) father's death, his ever 'supportive' friends Doug (Justin Bartha), Stu (Ed Helms) and Phil (Bradley Cooper) stage an 'intervention', prompting Alan to spend a short stint in a mental health facility to work through the emotions associated and his mental health issues.

But even before they reach the hospital, things begin to go array. Assaulted by a masked gang, Doug is kidnapped by heavy-weight thug Marshall (John Goodman) who demands they must find miscreant Mr. Chow (Ken Jeong) and surrender him and the stolen gold bullion or else he will kill Doug.

Let the angst filled shenanigans begin.

Spinning the roulette wheel one last time, this official final chapter to the Hangover series promises only mild redemption from the misguided second instalment. Breaking out of Thai prison, the wolf pack returns to the scene their original crime, Sin City.

Where the initial instalments success lay in its concept reliability of four guys out to celebrate, and the theory, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. As an ex-pat of the gambling capital of the world myself, this statement not only allows, but somehow drives peoples to do the craziest of things on the excuse that whatever their secret, it is safe.

Part II attempted to recreate the theory in a seedier locale to avoid claims of regurgitation and failed so in Part III the misconceived scriptwriters opted for a watered down dreg of its original self with about as much success. With a mish mash of over-the-top skits that don't quite fit together and the misplaced plot being driven by minor characters; viewers are left scratching their head and pondering why for all the wrong reasons.

Although the addition of Goodman was a wise choice, Galifianakis and Jeong work far too in their attempt to conjure laughter. Cooper and Helms seem somehow neglected whilst the always sidelined Bartha is literally forgotten. It is fun to see Heather Graham back, even in its minimalist capacity.

The Verdict: When it comes to comedy franchises, sometimes drinking the spiked cool aide is not worth headache.

Published: The Queanbeyan Age
Date of Publication: 24/05/2013
September 23, 2016
Good fun. Why the low ratings? Lighten up people.
September 16, 2016
I would have preferred they did the same movie a third time in a row.